Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Which one should I buy?

Notices

Old 04-19-2007, 08:21 PM   #1
Katelyn
Addict
Katelyn has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Katelyn has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Katelyn has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Katelyn has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Pocketbook 360, Iphone 3g, Sony 505, REB1200, GEB1150
Geb 1150 and Mac compatibility?

My niece lives in Italy and is interested in a book reader so she can read books in English. She's a Mac user and I've been trying to determine is the Geb Librarian works on a Mac as well as any of the file type converters.

Anyone able to shed some light on this for me?
Katelyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2007, 07:48 AM   #2
Brad
Zealot
Brad doesn't litterBrad doesn't litterBrad doesn't litter

Device: Cybook Gen3 / EB1150 /iPhone
I'm a Mac user and have an eBookwise - 1150 which I think is the same model. None of the converter software for the EB-1150 works on the Mac to the best of my knowledge. However, eBookwise.com does have a Web based converter page and 'personal bookshelf' which does work with any computer.

They also have a conduit for the Mac that will allow the EB - 1150 to download eBookwise purchases and books from the personal bookshelf and that has worked for me.
Brad is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-20-2007, 05:30 PM   #3
allovertheglobe
Grumpy Old Man
allovertheglobe can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.allovertheglobe can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.allovertheglobe can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.allovertheglobe can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.allovertheglobe can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.allovertheglobe can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.allovertheglobe can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.allovertheglobe can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.allovertheglobe can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.allovertheglobe can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.allovertheglobe can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.

Device: Kobo, Nook Classic,Color,ST/Glow, iRex DR1000, Sony 505, REB1100&1200
Unfortunately, I'm not aware of any all-in-one easy solution on the Mac. (but neither have I had use for one on Windows either)

But perhaps the publisher software from the manufacturer's website will be useful enough for your niece to create/edit documents/books (for Mac OS X):

http://www.ebooktechnologies.com/sup...r_download.htm

Once they are created it's simply a matter of drag-and-drop on the memory card used with the 1150 (using a USB cardreader)

The more technical solution might be the use of Parallels to run Windows (very well!) on an Intel Mac (http://www.parallels.com/en/products/desktop/)

P.
allovertheglobe is offline   Reply With Quote