Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 05-18-2013, 08:03 AM   #1
Nascarfan1972
Banned
Nascarfan1972 is faster than slow light.Nascarfan1972 is faster than slow light.Nascarfan1972 is faster than slow light.Nascarfan1972 is faster than slow light.Nascarfan1972 is faster than slow light.Nascarfan1972 is faster than slow light.Nascarfan1972 is faster than slow light.Nascarfan1972 is faster than slow light.Nascarfan1972 is faster than slow light.Nascarfan1972 is faster than slow light.Nascarfan1972 is faster than slow light.

Device: Kobo Glo/Mini/Aura/Glo HD/Clara/Libra & Forma & Kindle PW
sending books to glo with calibre

I have seen on the kobo forum that the glo boots quicker when sideloaded books are all in one folder.

Is it possible to set calibre up to do this, and if so is it just a case of renaming the file structure. For instance could I just rename it from authors/title, to new folder/title?

Thanks
Nascarfan1972
Nascarfan1972 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2013, 08:09 AM   #2
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nascarfan1972 View Post
I have seen on the kobo forum that the glo boots quicker when sideloaded books are all in one folder.
That's a new one to me. Did they give an idea of how much quicker?
Quote:
Is it possible to set calibre up to do this, and if so is it just a case of renaming the file structure. For instance could I just rename it from authors/title, to new folder/title?
Open the driver options and change the save template. The default is "{author_sort}/{title} - {authors}". Changing that to something like "books/{title} - {authors}" would put everything in a directory called "books".
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote