Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 05-09-2013, 11:50 AM   #22561
Alexander Turcic
Fully Converged
Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many to count here.
Moderator Notice

To whom it may concern: From our Posting Guidelines:

12. When Things go Wrong
Similarly, discussions or questions about the actions of the Moderating Team are not permitted on open forum. Moderation actions are confidential between the team and the member in question. If you have any questions about an action, please address them to the team or other member by Private Message.

That said, any further posts attempting to discuss or "rant about" moderation decisions will be deleted without notice.
Alexander Turcic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 12:05 PM   #22562
kennyc
The Dank Side of the Moon
kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle2; Kindle Fire
That said, it is acceptable to discuss such in the Feedback forum or will discussions of moderator actions be deleted there as well?
kennyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 12:06 PM   #22563
Alexander Turcic
Fully Converged
Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many to count here.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kennyc View Post
That said, it is acceptable to discuss such in the Feedback forum or will discussions of moderator actions be deleted there as well?
Kenny, the guideline is very specific here: no forum discussions allowed on anything related to moderation actions. If you need to say something on moderation actions, feel free to contact us via PM. This has always been the case, and I am sure most of you are aware of this guideline.
Alexander Turcic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 12:08 PM   #22564
kennyc
The Dank Side of the Moon
kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle2; Kindle Fire
Thank you.
kennyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 02:14 PM   #22565
samhy
Wizard
samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: (Sony (J) PRS 650), Kobo Mini, Kobo Glo HD
Ok, so for today my rant is: I should have never created an account at MobileRead! In less than five months, I've spent more money than ever in new books (ebooks, that is) and I'm considering buying a third (3rd!!!) ereader when the previous one hasn't seen its four-month anniversary yet.
This forum is nothing but a bad influence on my will and my wallet but I like it

Last edited by samhy; 05-09-2013 at 02:42 PM. Reason: typo
samhy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 02:33 PM   #22566
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by samhy View Post
Ok, so for today my rant is: I should have never created an account at MobileRead! In less than five months, I've spent more money than ever in new books (ebboks, that is) and I'm considering buying a third (3rd!!!) ereader when the previous one hasn't seen its four-month anniversary yet.
This forum is nothing but a bad influence on my will and my wallet but I like it
Resist the urge to care about people that think you don't NEED 5 ereaders!

BOb
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 03:11 PM   #22567
covingtoncat73
Wizard
covingtoncat73 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covingtoncat73 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covingtoncat73 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covingtoncat73 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covingtoncat73 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covingtoncat73 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covingtoncat73 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covingtoncat73 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covingtoncat73 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covingtoncat73 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covingtoncat73 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, Lenovo Duet Chromebook, Moto e
I'm getting laid off with my last day on June 30 due to cutbacks in higher ed in my state.

I honestly don't see how they can keep accreditation and run a 2 floor library that has 30 computers and services about 2000 students and is open to the public, too, with only 2 employees. Yes, you heard me right. 2. Our part-time clerk is already going and one of the two paras is also going on June 30. Council on Aging has no free (to Nunez) employees and we only get 2-3 student workers a semester and they are part-time. So, it will be the boss, one of the paras, and whatever student workers they can find.

And did I mention this library is open from 7:30 A.M. to 9 P.M. Mon-Thur during Fall and Spring semesters and 7:30 A.M. to 7:30 P.M. during Summer?
covingtoncat73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 03:20 PM   #22568
BelleZora
Wizard
BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3, Kobo Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by samhy View Post
Ok, so for today my rant is: I should have never created an account at MobileRead! In less than five months, I've spent more money than ever in new books (ebooks, that is) and I'm considering buying a third (3rd!!!) ereader when the previous one hasn't seen its four-month anniversary yet.
I'll second this rant. Just over a year ago I bought my first ereader, a Kindle Touch. Thanks solely to MR I now own 5 ereaders and have purchased 4 more for family members. A larger percentage of my income than ever in my life goes to support writers and the publishing industry in the form of ebooks that I cannot possibly live long enough to read. On the plus side I joined a gym and changed my diet to try to gain enough time to read all these wonderful books.

Quote:
Resist the urge to care about people that think you don't NEED 5 ereaders!
Thank you! How about 6 ereaders? I think I need a Kobo Aura HD.
BelleZora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 04:09 PM   #22569
WT Sharpe
Bah, humbug!
WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, iPad Pro, & a Samsung Galaxy S9.
Quote:
Originally Posted by covingtoncat73 View Post
I'm getting laid off with my last day on June 30 due to cutbacks in higher ed in my state.

I honestly don't see how they can keep accreditation and run a 2 floor library that has 30 computers and services about 2000 students and is open to the public, too, with only 2 employees. Yes, you heard me right. 2. Our part-time clerk is already going and one of the two paras is also going on June 30. Council on Aging has no free (to Nunez) employees and we only get 2-3 student workers a semester and they are part-time. So, it will be the boss, one of the paras, and whatever student workers they can find.

And did I mention this library is open from 7:30 A.M. to 9 P.M. Mon-Thur during Fall and Spring semesters and 7:30 A.M. to 7:30 P.M. during Summer?
Cutbacks suck. The sequester will is scheduled to make a dent in my hours shortly, but at the moment no one seems to know just how bad a hit we'll be taking. At least we'll still have a job, so things aren't as bleak as they are for you.

Hang in there. This, too, shall pass.
WT Sharpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 05:49 PM   #22570
poohbear_nc
Now what?
poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Every Kindle Ever Made & To Be Made!
Quote:
Originally Posted by BelleZora View Post
I'll second this rant. Just over a year ago I bought my first ereader, a Kindle Touch. Thanks solely to MR I now own 5 ereaders and have purchased 4 more for family members. A larger percentage of my income than ever in my life goes to support writers and the publishing industry in the form of ebooks that I cannot possibly live long enough to read. On the plus side I joined a gym and changed my diet to try to gain enough time to read all these wonderful books.

Thank you! How about 6 ereaders? I think I need a Kobo Aura HD.
Indeed! You do! Need a Kobo Aura! It rocks!

[Enabling? Who? Me? Just trying to help a MR member .....]
poohbear_nc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 05:50 PM   #22571
Bilbo1967
Not scared!
Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 10, Huawei M5 10
Hey, get two. Just in case. Oh, don't forget the case!
Bilbo1967 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 05:51 PM   #22572
poohbear_nc
Now what?
poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Oh right! You need back-ups for ALL of your ereaders! Can't be too safe!
Old 05-09-2013, 06:09 PM   #22573
red_phoenix
Grand Sorcerer
red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-T1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bilbo1967 View Post
Hey, get two. Just in case. Oh, don't forget the case!
Quote:
Originally Posted by poohbear_nc View Post
Oh right! You need back-ups for ALL of your ereaders! Can't be too safe!
Do you have shares in the e-reader companies?
red_phoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 06:33 PM   #22574
Stitchawl
Opsimath
Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650, iPhone 5, Kobo Glo, Sony PRS-350, iPad, Samsung Galaxy
All three of my e-readers now have copies of the same books. The problem is... which reader do I bring with me when I leave the house today?!?

Stitchawl
Stitchawl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 06:38 PM   #22575
poohbear_nc
Now what?

Quote:
Originally Posted by red_phoenix View Post
Do you have shares in the e-reader companies?
I should be on a commemorative stamp for these companies - my device list is painfully true [and incomplete]

Tags
creepy crawlers!, dell computers, monteverdi, thread that never ends, tubery, unutterable silliness