Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Fire

Notices

Old 09-16-2012, 12:21 PM   #1
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious
daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KDXG, KT, Oasis
Other Kindle Fire HD Features

There are a couple of "other" new features on the Kindle Fire HD, that I'm not seeing much mention of.

Has anyone been able to find much information about the new front facing camera? I know it's mainly for Skype but how good is it (MPs)?

Also, the new HDMI out. None of the tablets I own currently have this feature. How good are mini HDMI ports generally?
daffy4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 02:11 PM   #2
Lemurion
eReader
Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Note 5; PW3; Nook HD+; ChuWi Hi12; iPad
Some good information can be found here. Good video reviews and the one after unboxing goes into detail on the camera. TLR it's pretty good.
Lemurion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 02:24 PM   #3
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious
daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Thanks!
Old 09-16-2012, 05:27 PM   #4
robertc88
Fanatic
robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by daffy4u View Post
There are a couple of "other" new features on the Kindle Fire HD, that I'm not seeing much mention of.

Has anyone been able to find much information about the new front facing camera? I know it's mainly for Skype but how good is it (MPs)?

Also, the new HDMI out. None of the tablets I own currently have this feature. How good are mini HDMI ports generally?
I don't know of the availabilty for the mini HDMI cable from Amazon. I got a generic one for the Acer A500 from Best Buy. I don't recall the price but it will work with the KFHD.
robertc88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 08:39 PM   #5
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious

Quote:
Originally Posted by robertc88 View Post
I don't know of the availabilty for the mini HDMI cable from Amazon. I got a generic one for the Acer A500 from Best Buy. I don't recall the price but it will work with the KFHD.
Thanks for the suggestion. I have and mini-HDMI to HDMI adapter that I purchased for use with my Flip camera. I've never used it but since I have a lot of regular HDMI cables, I give the adapter a try first.
Old 09-16-2012, 09:35 PM   #6
Nate the great
Sir Penguin of Edinburgh
Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Shake a stick plus 1
The KFHD camera resolution is 1024x768.
http://www.the-digital-reader.com/20...indle-fire-hd/
Nate the great is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 10:03 PM   #7
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious

Thanks Nate.
Old 09-17-2012, 01:27 AM   #8
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
You now have access to your Cloud Drive Documents on the new Fires.

Quote:
Amazon Cloud Drive

If you use Amazon Cloud Drive, documents you save to Cloud Drive will appear on the Cloud tab of Docs On your Kindle Fire. You can then tap to download to your device.

For more information, see www.amazon.com/clouddrive
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 10:23 AM   #9
DreamWriter
Books are brain food.
DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite · Fire HD6/HD8/HD10 · Galaxy Tab A7
The Kindle Fire HD has a micro-HDMI (micro-D connector), which is different than a mini connector.

I don't have a Fire, but my two Acer Iconia tablets have a micro-HDMI port. It works fantastic! We use it to stream Amazon Instant Videos from tablet to TV.

The first cable I bought didn't work well because it disconnected whenever the tablet was moved. I think the connection was loose at the device. Then I purchased the Mediabridge Flex Series - High Speed Micro-HDMI to HDMI Cable, which works perfectly. I've never had a disconnection problem with that one.
DreamWriter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 10:35 AM   #10
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious

Quote:
Originally Posted by DreamWriter View Post
The Kindle Fire HD has a micro-HDMI (micro-D connector), which is different than a mini connector.
Thanks for the correction and the link.