Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Tablets

Notices

Old 11-01-2011, 12:29 AM   #1
pokee
Fanatic
pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.

Device: Kobo WiFi, Kobo Glo, Kobo Vox, Samsung Galaxy S4, Samsung Tab2
Can I Synch my New Vox to my Kobo Wifi?

I've never tried this before, but I remember reading there was a way to do this. If anyone knows, could you give me instructions (or point me to a link online). Thanks so much!
pokee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2011, 11:03 AM   #2
KoboJW
UX Lead, Kobo Vox
KoboJW has too *@%# much karma.KoboJW has too *@%# much karma.KoboJW has too *@%# much karma.KoboJW has too *@%# much karma.KoboJW has too *@%# much karma.KoboJW has too *@%# much karma.KoboJW has too *@%# much karma.KoboJW has too *@%# much karma.KoboJW has too *@%# much karma.KoboJW has too *@%# much karma.KoboJW has too *@%# much karma.

Device: Boxes of Voxes
It depends on what you are trying to sync. If you are talking about books in your Kobo library, then it should happen automatically when you sign into your Vox. If you are talking about sideloaded content, then you will need to copy the files over to your Vox, then import them into the library. There is no way of automatically syncing those files between the two.

Hope that helps,
James
KoboJW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2011, 02:39 PM   #3
pokee
Fanatic
pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.

Device: Kobo WiFi, Kobo Glo, Kobo Vox, Samsung Galaxy S4, Samsung Tab2
Hmmm...not sure I get this yet...is this the correct set of steps I'd have to do?

1. Reading a Kobo book from my libarary at work on my Kobo WiFi. Start book at beginning and read first chapter. (I have no WiFi at work).

2. Go home and decide to read that same book on my Vox. It won't show where I left off on the Kobo WiFi, unless I first connect the Kobo WiFi to WiFi at home (or desktop app only?) and update my library from the Kobo Books website, correct? Then when I turn on my Vox, it will automatically update my library and then show where I left off?

For the past year, I have been reading my Kobo WiFi, but the books in my Kobo online library have never been updated or bookmarked to where I am at in them (at least, to my knowledge) - so that's the part I am not sure how to do?

Thanks for any advice!
pokee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2011, 02:49 PM   #4
estelle58
Cat lover
estelle58 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.estelle58 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.estelle58 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.estelle58 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.estelle58 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.estelle58 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.estelle58 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.estelle58 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.estelle58 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.estelle58 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.estelle58 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone, Kobo Vox, Kobo Glo, iPad mini, Kindle Paperwhite, Kobo Aura
Quote:
Originally Posted by pokee View Post
Hmmm...not sure I get this yet...is this the correct set of steps I'd have to do?

1. Reading a Kobo book from my libarary at work on my Kobo WiFi. Start book at beginning and read first chapter. (I have no WiFi at work).

2. Go home and decide to read that same book on my Vox. It won't show where I left off on the Kobo WiFi, unless I first connect the Kobo WiFi to WiFi at home (or desktop app only?) and update my library from the Kobo Books website, correct? Then when I turn on my Vox, it will automatically update my library and then show where I left off?

For the past year, I have been reading my Kobo WiFi, but the books in my Kobo online library have never been updated or bookmarked to where I am at in them (at least, to my knowledge) - so that's the part I am not sure how to do?

Thanks for any advice!
Yep, that's it
estelle58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2011, 07:57 PM   #5
taming
Trying for calm & polite
taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo original, WiFI, Touch, Glo, and Aura
In our weird household, we have 4 devices (including a phone, one Touch, One WiFi and now the Vox) on one account. We're all changing bookmarks around like crazy as we sync our way through life. It's all working, but sheesh, we have decided that only one person can read a particular book at a time.
taming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2011, 10:15 PM   #6
TonyToews
Evangelist
TonyToews ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TonyToews ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TonyToews ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TonyToews ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TonyToews ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TonyToews ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TonyToews ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TonyToews ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TonyToews ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TonyToews ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TonyToews ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Vox and Glo
Quote:
Originally Posted by estelle58 View Post
Yep, that's it
Agreed. I was rather startled when I got a message to this effect on a Kobo Epub book I had purchased which was on both devices and I had recently resynched using the Kobo Windows desktop app.
TonyToews is offline   Reply With Quote