Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 03-05-2013, 12:41 AM   #11656
cromag
Surfin the alpha waves ~~
cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Jetbook Lite & Mini, Nook STR, Kobo, Hanvon N516, Kindle 2, Androids
Quote:
Originally Posted by poohbear_nc View Post
So, cold rain tomorrow ... and then a wintry mix on Wednesday ....

Memo to self: Cement over that groundhog den before next year ...
Take off and nuke him from orbit. It's the only way to be sure.

(Most of the storm is supposed to pass south of us, but I made a late grocery trip, just in case the storm's GPS is a little off.)
cromag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 05:03 PM   #11657
cromag
cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

... and so far the nastiest weather is passing south of us. Just very dark and overcast with some occasional light rain.
Advert
Old 03-06-2013, 05:37 PM   #11658
poohbear_nc
Now what?
poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Every Kindle Ever Made & To Be Made!
.... and passing above us - we got some extremely light snow flurries this morning, then lots of wind, but no more precipitation ..
poohbear_nc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 10:09 AM   #11659
WT Sharpe
Bah, humbug!
WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, iPad Pro, & a Samsung Galaxy S9.
No snow here, and the temps were 41°F last night, which would have been fine but for the fact that (1) strong winds all night long added a considerable wind-chill effect to that 41°, and (2) I had to monitor one of our stations on the waterfront last night for six hours, which meant that once every 15 minutes I had to leave the comfort of our truck to inspect the station, ensuring that I didn't miss the opportunity to fully enjoy that wintry blast.
WT Sharpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 09:35 AM   #11660
astrangerhere
Professor of Law
astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Elipsa, Kobo Libra H20, Kobo Aura One, KoboMini
Really spastic weather down here this week. Days that started in the 20s and finished in the 60s. I miss the Chapel Hill weather desperately.
astrangerhere is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-09-2013, 11:57 AM   #11661
red_phoenix
Grand Sorcerer
red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-T1
Beautiful, sunny day!!!

Just got back from taking the dog for a walk. It is supposed to be 4 C but it feels much warmer when in the sun. No breeze. Amazing day.

So glad it is a Saturday and I could get a chance to go out and enjoy the day...which I am going back out to do as soon as I can find a good book to read.
red_phoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 01:11 PM   #11662
dreams
It's about the umbrella
dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 505| K Fire | KK 3G+Wi-Fi | iPhone 3Gs |Vista 32-bit Hm Prem w/FF
Beautiful and sunny, but the cold wind makes it a day for wearing a coat.
dreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 09:50 AM   #11663
poohbear_nc
Now what?
poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Gorgeous sunny weekend - with cold wind - but definitely enjoyable!

Now waiting for the inevitable cold front & rain to arrive this week .... spring in the Carolinas = roller coaster ride!
Old 03-11-2013, 10:04 AM   #11664
GeoffC
Chocolate Grasshopper ...
GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Muse HD , Cybook Gen3 , Pocketbook 302 (Black) , Nexus 10: wife has PW
Gorgeous sunny day after early snow flurries. Temp overnight was minus 7C and daytime temperatures reached around 2C.
GeoffC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 12:58 PM   #11665
cromag

Do solar storms count? We still get our television "over the air" via an antenna but we're in a fringe reception area. Since the switch to digital TV signal strength is critical -- over 70% and we get a perfect picture; under 70% and we get nothing. Last night we suddenly lost all the channels but one.

Otherwise, we're alternating between warm early spring and chilly late winter.
Old 03-11-2013, 06:58 PM   #11666
jersysman
Wizard
jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: T1 Red, Kindle Fire, Kindle PW, PW2, Nook HD+, Kobo Mini, Aura HD
Tomorrow is a wash out after peasoup fog tthis morning.
jersysman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 08:42 AM   #11667
poohbear_nc
Now what?

Pouring rain this morning with temps in the 60's F - fun (NOT!) drive to work - with DST it's back to driving in the dark in the rain whilst trying to see the lane markers washed out by headlights. Sigh ....
Old 03-12-2013, 11:22 AM   #11668
FlorenceArt
High Priestess
FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Pro 9.7, iPhone 6 Plus
Much of France is snowed in right now. This morning I the garden gate's lock was stuck by ice and it took me, with my landlord's help, a few minutes to unstuck it. Looking back, it was clearly a sign and I should have just gotten back to bed. Instead I walked half an hour through the blizzard to find a working public transport, and I'll have to do the same thing tonight. I'll be leaving early.
FlorenceArt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 12:50 PM   #11669
poohbear_nc
Now what?

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlorenceArt View Post
Much of France is snowed in right now. This morning I the garden gate's lock was stuck by ice and it took me, with my landlord's help, a few minutes to unstuck it. Looking back, it was clearly a sign and I should have just gotten back to bed. Instead I walked half an hour through the blizzard to find a working public transport, and I'll have to do the same thing tonight. I'll be leaving early.
Yikes! I've seen some news stories on this "unnaturally late" winter storm in Europe! The Army called out to clear roads & rescue motorist! Stay safe Florence!
Old 03-14-2013, 01:50 PM   #11670
FlorenceArt
High Priestess
FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Pro 9.7, iPhone 6 Plus
Quote:
Originally Posted by poohbear_nc View Post
Yikes! I've seen some news stories on this "unnaturally late" winter storm in Europe! The Army called out to clear roads & rescue motorist! Stay safe Florence!
I can't really complain, it hasn't been that hard for me, but some people couldn't get home that night. Things are coming back to normal now, though we had a very short snow flurry this afternoon.
FlorenceArt is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
clouds and lightning and, hugo and lefty