Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Bookeen

Notices

Old 03-13-2010, 10:28 PM   #1
Roger1322
Roger1322 will become famous soon enoughRoger1322 will become famous soon enoughRoger1322 will become famous soon enoughRoger1322 will become famous soon enoughRoger1322 will become famous soon enoughRoger1322 will become famous soon enough

Okay, I know, Gen 1

I just bought a Gen 1 (again). I haven't had one since XP and now cannot sync with Windows 7. Is this a lost cause or is there some kind of work around someone knows about? I have a Kindle and eBookwise by the way - just missed the ability to have color on my old Gen 1. Anyway, after you quit laughing, feed me a little help here.
Thanks in advance,
Roger
Roger1322 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2010, 04:41 PM   #2
Godzil
a pthread?? where? where?
Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.

Device: Newton MessagePad 2100, and only this
This is a lost cause. Active Sync was dropped with the introduction of Windows Vista...
Godzil is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-14-2010, 06:36 PM   #3
Roger1322
Roger1322 will become famous soon enoughRoger1322 will become famous soon enoughRoger1322 will become famous soon enoughRoger1322 will become famous soon enoughRoger1322 will become famous soon enoughRoger1322 will become famous soon enough

Well, at least I can download to the storage card. Thanks for the reply.
Roger1322 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2010, 07:58 AM   #4
T_Frain_K
Booyah!
T_Frain_K once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.T_Frain_K once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.T_Frain_K once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.T_Frain_K once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.T_Frain_K once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.T_Frain_K once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.T_Frain_K once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.T_Frain_K once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.T_Frain_K once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.T_Frain_K once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.T_Frain_K once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: Cybook Gen3 // Samsung Galaxy S
Quote:
Originally Posted by Godzil View Post
This is a lost cause. Active Sync was dropped with the introduction of Windows Vista...
Enlighten me, what kind of active Sync?
Active Sync with Windows mobile has actually been introduced with Vista

[EDIT]
Silly me. It´s now called WMDC, as in Windows Mobile Device Center. And AS was before that - Sorry. I confused those two.

Last edited by T_Frain_K; 03-15-2010 at 08:00 AM.
T_Frain_K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2010, 08:53 AM   #5
Godzil
a pthread?? where? where?
Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.

Device: Newton MessagePad 2100, and only this
Yes that's confusing, ActiveSync is both the protocol, and an application. they discontinued the application, and by the way a lot of WM/WinCE devices
Godzil is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-15-2010, 09:54 AM   #6
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
The Gen1 still works fine with XP, if you happen to have a machine running XP. If you have the "Pro" edition of Windows 7, it may be possible to install ActiveSync under the XP virtual machine of Win7 Pro.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote