Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > General Discussions

Notices

Old 12-06-2013, 06:40 AM   #61
booklover6
Grand Sorcerer
booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara, 2E, Libre, PW4, PW5, 2022 Kindle
I now have 3 tablets, as I treated myself to a deal on a Nexus 7.2. So far only my 8yo has noticed, and that's because I put a very distinctive case on it. I'm calling it my birthday present (3 months early) but I swear, I am done buying gadgets! I have enough, now, to satisfy all our needs. Pinky swear!
booklover6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2013, 11:40 AM   #62
ProfCrash
Tea Enthusiast
ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle1, Kindle DX Graphite, K3 3G, IPad 3, PW2
My iPad is my toy and my PW2 is my book. At least, that is how I describe them to my 17 month old. I might need to get some kid books to read to him on the PW so he gets the idea that his board book = mommy's book
ProfCrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-06-2013, 12:48 PM   #63
bookfanmd
Addict
bookfanmd has a spectacular aura aboutbookfanmd has a spectacular aura aboutbookfanmd has a spectacular aura aboutbookfanmd has a spectacular aura aboutbookfanmd has a spectacular aura aboutbookfanmd has a spectacular aura aboutbookfanmd has a spectacular aura aboutbookfanmd has a spectacular aura aboutbookfanmd has a spectacular aura aboutbookfanmd has a spectacular aura aboutbookfanmd has a spectacular aura about

Device: Sony 300/505/T1 Nook STWG Kobo Glo Kobo Aura HD KDX iPad1 K3 KT PW2
Here's my list going back to 2009, all were purchased new unless otherwise noted. I too have a problem. I think if I could get a device with the Paperwhite 2's lit screen and Sony's collections capabilities I could be happy. Of course it needs to come in a 6 or 7 inch as well as a 10-12 inch for PDF's.

Sony
PRS 505 – 5 total (2 purchased new, 3 purchased used, 1 gifted, 1 dead)
PRS 600 – 1 (sold)
PRS 650 – 2 (1 died, 1 used replacement for dead one)
PRS300
PRS350
T1 – 3 ( always good to have a spare or 2)

Astak
Pocket Pro

Pandigital
Novel 7

Apple
Ipad 1
Ipad Mini with Retina Display
Ipad Air (on order)

Nook
SimpleTouch with Glowlight – 2 (that needing a spare thing again)
Glow – going back to the store, will not connect with home wifi

Amazon
Kindle 2 – sold
Kindle Touch – 2 (1 new and 1 refurbished)
Kindle PW 1 – traded in
Kindle DX
Kindle PW2 – current main device
Kindle Fire HD7
Kindle Fire HDX7 – returned
Kindle Fire HDX 8.9

Kobo
Glo
Aura HD

Nexus
Galaxy S3 Tab 10.1

Asus
MeMO Pad HD 7 inch
MeMo Pad FHD 10

The Ipad Air and both 10 inch tablets are still within the return window. 1 of these has to go back to the store!
bookfanmd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2013, 01:05 PM   #64
jersysman
Wizard
jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: T1 Red, Kindle Fire, Kindle PW, PW2, Nook HD+, Kobo Mini, Aura HD
Yes... You do qualify as an addict. Please step away from the reader!!
jersysman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2013, 05:42 PM   #65
Tarana
Wizard
Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PWSE, Voyage, K3, HDX, KBasic 7 & 8, Nook Glo3, Echos, Nanos
It's hard but I've been resisting. Only one new gadget a year. I accumulate Ipods and ereaders, so it isn't just one type off device (and I listen to a lot of audiobooks). The Nook HD, purchased in June, surprisingly plays my audiobooks. Good speaker too.
Tarana is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-08-2013, 06:43 PM   #66
shanghaichica
Guru
shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Scribe,Kindle Oasis 3, iPad Pro 11, iPhone 13 Pro Max,iPad mini 6, PW5
I should limit myself to one device a year. This year alone I've bought a tablet, a phone and 4 ebook readers.

Last edited by shanghaichica; 01-28-2014 at 04:25 PM.
shanghaichica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2013, 06:51 PM   #67
Kumabjorn
Basculocolpic
Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3 WiFi, Kindle 4SO, Kindle for Android, Sony PRS-350 and PRS-T1
Sweden is usually late to the game. A small insignificant market with limited profit potential. Then two things happened, the explosion of mobile phones and the Internet. Suddenly the hot devices was first released in the cold North, you could make money buying up devices for early adapters and with the small (but delightful) profits I began indulging myself with other gadgets. Now, Sony-Ericsson is only Sony and Nokia is now Microsoft, neither are on the forefront (although the Lumia series does have some impressive hardware specs), but once the gadget bug bites you it is difficult going cold turkey. Ohh, the lust is still there like some crack ho, I'm just not ready to steal to satisfy it though.
Kumabjorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2013, 01:04 AM   #68
AndrewH
Fanatic
AndrewH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AndrewH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AndrewH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AndrewH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AndrewH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AndrewH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AndrewH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AndrewH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AndrewH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AndrewH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AndrewH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-T1, & Kobo Mini
I would be a new device addict if I could afford it...

In 2009 I started out my ereader adventures with a Sony PRS-600. Around Christmas 2011 I traded it in for a Sony PRS-T1. Just a few minutes ago I ordered a Kobo Mini (thanks, QVC!) and a leather case. My T1 is just big enough that I don't want to carry it around with me; I toss it in my bag and tote it back and forth from work, but I feel awkward when I take it to doctor offices, etc.
AndrewH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2013, 04:41 AM   #69
owly
Guru
owly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.owly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.owly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.owly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.owly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.owly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.owly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.owly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.owly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.owly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.owly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite 2, Kobo Aura H2O
I try to sell my other ereaders before I get a new one but I just ordered a PW2..
owly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2014, 04:04 PM   #70
anacreon
Guru
anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Elipsa, Sage
Like Desert Dog, my addiction is product specific: I replace phones when they don't work anymore, and think a 5 years old PC is new (not to speak of cars - the last one lasted 15 years).

But I bought my first ereader (a Sony PRS-T1, given away since) in October 2011, then the T2 in September 2012, then the Glo in April 2013 (to be given away next Saturday), the Aura HD in May 2013 (wouldn't have bought the Glo if I had heard the HD was coming out), then, after long vacillating, the plain Aura (I'm disappointed in the screen, pleased with the shape and weight). I want a backup, especially if away from home for a week or more, and it's easier with a very similar device (firmare and use and available space, and sync facilities).

And I'd buy any significant improvement on the aura HD, whether screen quality, size, weight and/or holding comfort (for me the glo is the best for that). Considering I read 2 to 5 hours a day and I have problem eyes, and arthritic hands, I feel absolutely no need for rehab, even though my last buy is a bit disappointing.
Signed: an addict with no guilt.
anacreon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2014, 04:25 PM   #71
shanghaichica
Guru
shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Scribe,Kindle Oasis 3, iPad Pro 11, iPhone 13 Pro Max,iPad mini 6, PW5
Quote:
Originally Posted by shanghaichica View Post
I should limit myself to one device a year. This year alone I've bought a tablet, a phone and 4 ebook readers.
I bought another tablet before the end of 2013. Six days into 2014 and I'd already bought a new phone.
shanghaichica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2014, 11:51 AM   #72
Sydney's Mom
Wizard
Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Fire 3d Gen and 5th Gen and Samsung Tab S
Quote:
Originally Posted by booklover6 View Post
I now have 3 tablets, as I treated myself to a deal on a Nexus 7.2. So far only my 8yo has noticed, and that's because I put a very distinctive case on it. I'm calling it my birthday present (3 months early) but I swear, I am done buying gadgets! I have enough, now, to satisfy all our needs. Pinky swear!
I have an 8.9" Kindle Fire, a Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 and a Samsung Galaxy Note 8. They all have uses-KF will download prime movies for viewing on planes (I watched 3 last trip out west), the Tab uses the Directv GenieGo app, and the Note is small enough to fit in my purse and also has GenieGo (and it was a Christmas present to me, along with the KF). I have a Lenovo Yoga, which is my work and personal computer. The other day I was looking at a Windows tablet, so I could avoid lugging my Yoga on the plane (I would then have nothing but charging cables in my carryon, as we have clothes out west). My husband recommended the Surface. But really, I just like new gadgets. I don't have a smartphone, because we get unlimited talk on our workphone, which is a blackberry with everything but email and phone disabled (no pictures, no text). Luckily I didn't make a decision on my windows tablet, and today I got my credit card bill from Christmas. I pinky swear as well! This gadget jones has got to stop!!!

PS At least it is gadgets and not cars. My car is 10 years old, and I have no intention of buying another car, even though my husband wants me to (it has less than 40k miles. I am not getting rid of it until I reach 200k or the Cubs win the World Series, whichever occurs first)
Sydney's Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2014, 02:58 PM   #73
Kumabjorn
Basculocolpic
Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Congratulations on driving your car another 40 years.
Old 01-29-2014, 10:23 PM   #74
Sydney's Mom
Wizard
Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Fire 3d Gen and 5th Gen and Samsung Tab S
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kumabjorn View Post
Congratulations on driving your car another 40 years.
Is that your estimate on how long it will take to get to 200k miles, or when the Cubs will win the World Series?
Sydney's Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2014, 01:51 AM   #75
Kumabjorn
Basculocolpic

The Cubs will win the World Series when the Red Sox has multiple wins. Hey wait....:banghead: