Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 10-04-2010, 06:43 PM   #1
sidd.artha
Banned
sidd.artha began at the beginning.

Device: samsung s5230
Multi-HTML to anything

I have a couple of books which were encoded in a weirdish way. The book is actually a folder, which contains a start_here.htm file which points to a subdirectory (provided) filled with HTML pages and a few graphics. That was meant by some sick mind to simulate the page turning. Only that HTML is meant to be continuous. Also the pages are hard to read as the lenght is both irregular and too long for my screen.

Is there a way to make that something else? Epub, fb2, pdf?

Also, I just moved over to calibre to manage my ebooks. So far so good, over 1000 pieces indexed correctly, yet I can't find a way to teach it to work with these silly multi-HTML books.
sidd.artha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2010, 07:23 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
see http://calibre-ebook.com/user_manual...specific-order
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-05-2010, 05:16 AM   #3
Manichean
Wizard
Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.

Device: Cybook Gen3
There was a recent thread about the same problem that might prove helpful.
Manichean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2010, 04:18 PM   #4
sidd.artha
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
kovidgoyal, thanks. I have read the manual before as calibre looks quite powerful, yet I have to admit I am lazy. I wanted some app to read it all without my intervention - the silly system implied a html file for each page of the book so you can easily reach up in the hundreds. If calibre could manage all that mess it would be even easier, but as I lost myself trying to register such a folder. As a consequence I thought to myself converting everything to a file would make things easier for managing as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manichean View Post
There was a recent thread about the same problem that might prove helpful.
Manichean, thank you. I'll try to use the zip file aproach and come back on that thread.
Old 10-05-2010, 04:34 PM   #5
sidd.artha
Banned

It finally works. I just zip the whole thing. Drop it in Calibre. Add metadata. And set the system (XP) in my case to handle the zips. It's not elegant, but it is quick and easy.
Advert