Notices

Old 02-07-2010, 06:02 AM   #16
ramboky
Enthusiast
ramboky is on a distinguished road

Device: Bookeen Cybook Opus
Quote:
Oh, sure, YOU are so perfect, your software never have any bug whatsoever
I make no claim to perfection but if my team deliver code to a customer containing bugs which they find unacceptable we address it as quickly as possible and review our processes to ensure we minimise the risk of it happening again. What we would never do is hide from our customer for months giving no response whatsoever leaving them wondering when or if the issue will ever be fixed.

Quote:
The day my own software show up in production totally bug free, i'll feel like i have a right to yell at bookeen for bug. Until then....
Whether my own software is perfect or absolute rubbish is irrelevant. I paid for a product and I expect it to work as advertised. It used to, now it doesn't. It is Bookeen's responsibility as the vendor to remedy it. If they don't it is my right to complain. I have exercised that right by contacting Bookeen directly and their response has been unacceptable so I am voicing my opinion here, in a related forum.

I apologise if my comments became at all personal, I mean no offence whatsoever to you, Godzil or anyone else, but I can't understand why people seem to insist on being an apologist for Bookeen when they provide such terrible support to their customers.
ramboky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2010, 06:24 AM   #17
EowynCarter
Wizard
EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybooks; Sony PRS-T1
Quote:
I apologise if my comments became at all personal, I mean no offence whatsoever to you, Godzil or anyone else, but I can't understand why people seem to insist on being an apologist for Bookeen when they provide such terrible support to their customers.
Go buy an other reader then... But guess what, they too, make bugs...
EowynCarter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2010, 06:32 AM   #18
ramboky
Enthusiast
ramboky is on a distinguished road

Device: Bookeen Cybook Opus
My issue is, as it has always been, with Bookeen's customer support and poor communication. You are right, other readers do have bugs, but other companies support their products and talk to their customers. Some better than others, most better than Bookeen.

Quote:
Go buy an other reader then...
Thank you for that really useful piece of advice Eowyn.
ramboky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2010, 07:52 AM   #19
EowynCarter
Wizard
EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Thank you for that really useful piece of advice Eowyn.
Well, yes. Go buy a reader from someone else, if you think they are doing so much better .

Seriously, nobody's perfect. Other manufacturer, others problems.
Old 02-07-2010, 08:01 AM   #20
tompe
Grand Sorcerer
tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Nexus 5, Kindle PW
Quote:
Originally Posted by EowynCarter View Post
Oh, sure, YOU are so perfect, your software never have any bug whatsoever .

The day my own software show up in production totally bug free, i'll feel like i have a right to yell at bookeen for bug. Until then....
With no detectable bugs is easier. Or bugs that will be very hard to detect. That is easy. Nobody here has required totally bug free. But still having easily detected bugs is kind of showing incompetence.
tompe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2010, 08:08 AM   #21
EowynCarter
Wizard

At least they are going to fix what they have broken. More than some other other did.
Old 02-07-2010, 08:24 AM   #22
tompe
Grand Sorcerer
tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
At least they are going to fix what they have broken. More than some other other did.
Some other?

Have the really fixed the battery time? I have not checked with the new hardware but it does not feel like I get one week constantly on with it.

And how do you know the will fix things they broke? And will it happen before there are newer reader on the market so you do not want to use something old like a Gen 3 anymore?
Old 02-07-2010, 03:12 PM   #23
EowynCarter
Wizard

Quote:
Some other?

Have the really fixed the battery time? I have not checked with the new hardware but it does not feel like I get one week constantly on with it.
Mmm, i do get one week with my opus for sure. Never tried the Gen 3 always on, but my gen3 always held longer than necessary.

And the "some other" there was samsung, they broke a function with on of the update, and while a few update came and went, no fix. But then, no matter how annoying that was, I still like my P3.

Quote:
And how do you know the will fix things they broke? And will it happen before there are newer reader on the market so you do not want to use something old like a Gen 3 anymore?
I don't know. But they sure did fix the bugs on the opus, I'm confidant they'll fix the rest too.

Last edited by EowynCarter; 02-07-2010 at 03:24 PM.
Old 02-07-2010, 03:54 PM   #24
tompe
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Mmm, i do get one week with my opus for sure. Never tried the Gen 3 always on, but my gen3 always held longer than necessary
With it on all the time?
Old 02-08-2010, 03:24 AM   #25
EowynCarter
Wizard

I never tried it always on.
Old 02-12-2010, 08:14 AM   #26
JanG
Groupie
JanG got an A in P-Chem.JanG got an A in P-Chem.JanG got an A in P-Chem.JanG got an A in P-Chem.JanG got an A in P-Chem.JanG got an A in P-Chem.JanG got an A in P-Chem.JanG got an A in P-Chem.JanG got an A in P-Chem.JanG got an A in P-Chem.JanG got an A in P-Chem.

Device: Laptop; Kobo Clara
I leave my CyBook Gen3 on all the time. I get more than a week before I have to recharge and I usually recharge when it gets to 50%. Since I upgraded the software (1.5 - was that the Mobi? - because that's the one I did) my device hasn't crashed once. Before the upgrade it used to crash at least once a day.

I haven't found any bugs. My Gen3 is working smoothly, far more smoothly than it was before.

Am I just lucky? Or am I not trying to get my Gen3 to be anything other than a simple reader?

Oh, and another thing. Every time I have emailed Bookeen with a question or compliment, I have received a reply within two days. I guess I was just born under a lucky star, huh?

--JanG.
JanG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2010, 11:44 AM   #27
Godzil
a pthread?? where? where?
Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.

Device: Newton MessagePad 2100, and only this
Happy to see Happy user of Happy Gen3

(Bookeen should rename itself "Happy" )
Godzil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2010, 12:04 PM   #28
tompe
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by JanG View Post
I leave my CyBook Gen3 on all the time. I get more than a week before I have to recharge and I usually recharge when it gets to 50%.
Are you really sure it is on all the time? It would be strange for with the 2.0 firmware I do not get at all such long battery time. It seems to be as before the firmware update, that is 4 days for totally empty.
Old 02-12-2010, 12:10 PM   #29
JanG
Groupie
JanG got an A in P-Chem.JanG got an A in P-Chem.JanG got an A in P-Chem.JanG got an A in P-Chem.JanG got an A in P-Chem.JanG got an A in P-Chem.JanG got an A in P-Chem.JanG got an A in P-Chem.JanG got an A in P-Chem.JanG got an A in P-Chem.JanG got an A in P-Chem.

Device: Laptop; Kobo Clara
Quote:
Originally Posted by tompe View Post
Are you really sure it is on all the time? It would be strange for with the 2.0 firmware I do not get at all such long battery time. It seems to be as before the firmware update, that is 4 days for totally empty.
Yep, quite sure. But it *is* quite new. I only got it last July, so perhaps my battery is lasting longer than yours. Rechargeable batteries do lose something over time. As I said, no problems, I'm one very happy reader.

--JanG.
JanG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2010, 02:27 AM   #30
brudigia
Evangelist
brudigia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brudigia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brudigia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brudigia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brudigia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brudigia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brudigia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brudigia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brudigia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brudigia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brudigia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPAD AirPro M1 12.9, Kindle Scribe, Kobo Elipsa, iPhone XV
Possible bug with battery level

Lately I have been noticing a strange behaviour with the battery meter. I boot my Cybook, look at the battery which tells me it has 50%, as an example, open a book, back to the library, and the meter says 80%, and stays that way, afterwards.
Turn Cybook off, start up again, samwe behaviour.
Could it be the battery deteriorating ?

If so, anybody know a replacement, besides the costly official Booken one ?
brudigia is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bookeen, cybook, firmware, gen3, opus