Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > PDF

Notices

Old 02-29-2012, 02:36 PM   #256
darseno
Connoisseur
darseno rocks like Gibraltar!darseno rocks like Gibraltar!darseno rocks like Gibraltar!darseno rocks like Gibraltar!darseno rocks like Gibraltar!darseno rocks like Gibraltar!darseno rocks like Gibraltar!darseno rocks like Gibraltar!darseno rocks like Gibraltar!darseno rocks like Gibraltar!darseno rocks like Gibraltar!

Device: prs-500
How about porting Briss to Android for use on rooted Nooks and Sonys?
darseno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2012, 10:50 AM   #257
jedd
Enthusiast
jedd doesn't litterjedd doesn't litterjedd doesn't litter

Device: Pocketboot 360
Ratio-setting feature in new version?

Howdi,

I see on the SF page that there's a few patches and new features that will be integrated into the new version.

I get a lot of use out of Briss right now, to trim PDF's for my 9" Pocketbook, but often it involves a bit of trial and error to get the right ratio - so that feature of being able to lock in a ratio, even picking from a small range of presets, is dearly missed.

Any news on when we might see 0.0.14 released?
jedd is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-26-2012, 11:24 AM   #258
laborg
Zealot
laborg has top level security clearance to Area 51.laborg has top level security clearance to Area 51.laborg has top level security clearance to Area 51.laborg has top level security clearance to Area 51.laborg has top level security clearance to Area 51.laborg has top level security clearance to Area 51.laborg has top level security clearance to Area 51.laborg has top level security clearance to Area 51.laborg has top level security clearance to Area 51.laborg has top level security clearance to Area 51.laborg has top level security clearance to Area 51.

Device: Cybook Gen3
Hi all!

I finally had some time to release briss version 0.9! I changed the version numbering scheme because with the rate of releases so far I would have expected version 1.0 in the year 2934...

Download from:
https://sourceforge.net/projects/briss/

This version features:
* library updates for better compatibility
* better bookmark/index handling
* user interface enhancements by Rastislav Wartiak (Thank you!)

Have fun!
laborg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2012, 09:43 AM   #259
jackie_w
Grand Sorcerer
jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo: KA1, ClaraHD, Forma, Libra2, Clara2E. PocketBook: TouchHD3
Thank you for this update. I like the rectangle movement & sizing fine-tuning enhancements
jackie_w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2012, 11:46 AM   #260
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Do you know that the name Briss for this software could be offensive to some?
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-27-2012, 01:09 PM   #261
andyh2000
Avid reader
andyh2000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.andyh2000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.andyh2000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.andyh2000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.andyh2000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.andyh2000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.andyh2000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.andyh2000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.andyh2000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.andyh2000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.andyh2000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Galaxy Z Flip 4 / Kindle Paperwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
Do you know that the name Briss for this software could be offensive to some?
Then they need to get a sense of proportion, don't they? I assume these would be the same people who practice genital mutilation.

Andrew
andyh2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2012, 01:25 PM   #262
jedd
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by laborg View Post
Hi all!

I finally had some time to release briss version 0.9! I changed the version numbering scheme because with the rate of releases so far I would have expected version 1.0 in the year 2934...
Many thanks laborg - I've had a very quick play so far, but it looks great.
Old 05-27-2012, 11:21 PM   #263
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by andyh2000 View Post
Then they need to get a sense of proportion, don't they? I assume these would be the same people who practice genital mutilation.

Andrew
They could take it as making fun of their religion.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2012, 12:32 AM   #264
andy1m
Enthusiast
andy1m knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'andy1m knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'andy1m knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'andy1m knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'andy1m knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'andy1m knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'andy1m knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'andy1m knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'andy1m knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'andy1m knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'andy1m knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'

Device: K4NT, PaperWhite
It's a very useful software and luckily it runs well on Linux. Great Job!! Thank you very much!

How to run it?? (solved)

run with "java -jar briss-0.9.jar"

The file I dowloaded was not compelete. Now run as good as before

Last edited by andy1m; 05-28-2012 at 05:22 AM.
andy1m is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2012, 03:09 AM   #265
andyh2000
Avid reader
andyh2000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.andyh2000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.andyh2000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.andyh2000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.andyh2000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.andyh2000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.andyh2000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.andyh2000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.andyh2000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.andyh2000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.andyh2000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Galaxy Z Flip 4 / Kindle Paperwhite
Quote:
And the problem with that is?

Andrew

PS I expect we should take this to the Politics and Religion forum, or the Mod Gods will smite us.
andyh2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2012, 07:53 AM   #266
jedd
Enthusiast

Quote:
On the other hand, this type of concern ridicules both my science, and my sense of humour.
Old 06-04-2012, 12:20 AM   #267
rainsparade
rainsparade ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rainsparade ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rainsparade ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rainsparade ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rainsparade ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rainsparade ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rainsparade ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rainsparade ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rainsparade ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rainsparade ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rainsparade ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Just wanted to thank you for Briss, it's awesome.

The only problem I have with it is that it can't seem to handle more than about 20 single pages (the pages you input into the box when loading a file) - it will get stuck loading.
rainsparade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2012, 10:46 AM   #268
laborg
Zealot
laborg has top level security clearance to Area 51.laborg has top level security clearance to Area 51.laborg has top level security clearance to Area 51.laborg has top level security clearance to Area 51.laborg has top level security clearance to Area 51.laborg has top level security clearance to Area 51.laborg has top level security clearance to Area 51.laborg has top level security clearance to Area 51.laborg has top level security clearance to Area 51.laborg has top level security clearance to Area 51.laborg has top level security clearance to Area 51.

Device: Cybook Gen3
Hi,
please send me the file you're trying to crop to gerhardtt@gmx.at (i'll test the 20 page limit you are talking about).

regards,
laborg
laborg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2012, 05:48 PM   #269
naxa
naxa began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle3
Someone has a comment on sourceforge suggesting to put a warning somewhere in Briss that would inform you that Briss does not *remove* your content, but only *hides* it, and thus it's not appropriate for sensitive data.

While I can see how this may seem unimportant to some, I think it's actually very important as this is quite unintuitive behaviour.
And although never worked with confidental data in pdf, may be a bad idea to start with, but it's an existing practice, *just like* printing everything to pdf [as only format] for e-distribution.

All in all I have to strongly agree with the warning suggestion, Briss could have this warning in some sort of status bar or like those "Firefox style know-your-rights bars" (with perhaps the tickmark "go away and never come back").

It could be also in the help, too, but a more visual warning seems like a good idea to me.

Last but not least, thanks for the new version.
I cannot put into words how I like Briss, it changed my life... depending on it day-to-day.

Last edited by naxa; 06-04-2012 at 06:08 PM. Reason: asdf
naxa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2012, 05:55 PM   #270
howyoudoin
how YOU doin?
howyoudoin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.howyoudoin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.howyoudoin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.howyoudoin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.howyoudoin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.howyoudoin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.howyoudoin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.howyoudoin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.howyoudoin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.howyoudoin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.howyoudoin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Keyboard, iPad Pro 10.5”, Kobo Aura H2O, Kobo Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by naxa View Post
Someone has a comment on sourceforge that suggest to put a warning somewhere in Briss that would inform you that Briss does not *remove* your content, but only *hides* it, and thus it's not appropriate for sensitive data.

While I can see how this may seem unimportant to some, I think it's actually unintuitive.
Although never worked with confidental data in pdf, may be a bad idea to start with, but it's an existing practice, *just like* printing everything to pdf [as only format] for e-distribution.

All in all I have to strongly agree with the warning suggestion, Briss could have this warning in some sort of status bar or like those "Firefox style know-your-rights bars" (with perhaps the tickmark "go away and never come back").

It could be also in the help, too, but a more visual warning seems like a good idea to me.
Could not agree more.
howyoudoin is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cropping pdf, pdf