Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Writers' Corner

Notices

Old 05-01-2010, 06:57 PM   #1
WAPatterson
Enthusiast
WAPatterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WAPatterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WAPatterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WAPatterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WAPatterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WAPatterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WAPatterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WAPatterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WAPatterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WAPatterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WAPatterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: HTC Touchpro 2 Smartphone
Quick Survey! Would you want a Bound copy of your E-Book?

I've been hand-binding my own copies of my first book for the last few weeks now and find it pretty easy to make a few copies a day in a simple paperback format. Hardback's are harder and more time intensive but I've made a few of those as gifts for family who love them and sold a few copies as well.

I was wondering if anyone else had any interest in seeing your own e-book in a printed form?

Would you pay someone to do this for you? (if you don't have the hands on knowledge to do it yourself or time)

How much would you pay someone to do a copy for you? (or: what would you consider a fair price?; (not including shipping.)

Just wondering if my own hobby had any interest for anyone else.

If you want to see the finished products you can check out a couple of pictures at http://www.wapatterson.com/

Thanks for responding!
WAPatterson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2010, 02:24 AM   #2
dadioflex
Dyslexic Count
dadioflex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dadioflex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dadioflex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dadioflex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dadioflex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dadioflex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dadioflex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dadioflex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dadioflex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dadioflex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dadioflex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palm TX, Advent Vega, iPad, iPod Touch, Kindle
Edit.

Last edited by dadioflex; 12-15-2010 at 06:13 PM.
dadioflex is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-02-2010, 04:44 AM   #3
sunnysmiles
Addict
sunnysmiles ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sunnysmiles ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sunnysmiles ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sunnysmiles ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sunnysmiles ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sunnysmiles ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sunnysmiles ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sunnysmiles ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sunnysmiles ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sunnysmiles ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sunnysmiles ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: I pad air, kindle pw2 and kindle touch , kindle had fire Nook pad nook
No I would not be too bothered about having a bound Book unless it was something really special or I needed a copy to keep for long term use. When I have read a book I usually delete it .
sunnysmiles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2010, 08:37 AM   #4
WAPatterson
Enthusiast
WAPatterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WAPatterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WAPatterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WAPatterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WAPatterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WAPatterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WAPatterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WAPatterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WAPatterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WAPatterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WAPatterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: HTC Touchpro 2 Smartphone
I use a laserprinter & and print 4 pages on one sheet with a fold in the center on normal 8.5 x 11" paper.

I did it at first to make a few copies for my family and friends.
As I look at Lulu, I don't know that there would be any advantage over what they do - hence the reason for posting the survey.
Thanks
WAPatterson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2010, 09:45 AM   #5
Kevin2960
YODA's Uglier Twin
Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-600 and 2 Kindle 3's - and now a K4 + HTC Desire HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by WAPatterson View Post
I've been hand-binding my own copies of my first book for the last few weeks now and find it pretty easy to make a few copies a day in a simple paperback format. Hardback's are harder and more time intensive but I've made a few of those as gifts for family who love them and sold a few copies as well.

I was wondering if anyone else had any interest in seeing your own e-book in a printed form?

Would you pay someone to do this for you? (if you don't have the hands on knowledge to do it yourself or time)

How much would you pay someone to do a copy for you? (or: what would you consider a fair price?; (not including shipping.)

Just wondering if my own hobby had any interest for anyone else.

If you want to see the finished products you can check out a couple of pictures at http://www.wapatterson.com/

Thanks for responding!

Yes I think there could be some I'd like bound, Occassionally, not sure on price though, i'll think it over,
Kevin2960 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-03-2010, 07:19 PM   #6
nomesque
Snooty Bestselling Author
nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-650
Probably not, to be honest. At least, not at the moment. I have a ridiculously large collection of paper books that I need to go through and cull. Last thing I need is to be buying more Even if they're mine!
nomesque is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2010, 07:35 PM   #7
Stitchawl
Opsimath
Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650, iPhone 5, Kobo Glo, Sony PRS-350, iPad, Samsung Galaxy
Not my books, but my reader! I think it would be nice to have a cover that looked and felt like a p-book. I have a leather cover now, but it doesn't look like an old 'first edition.' No gold leaf stamping. That's something to think about.

Stitchawl
Stitchawl is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
binding, e-books, ebooks, printing, self publishing