Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old 08-17-2009, 09:13 AM   #1
Nate the great
Sir Penguin of Edinburgh
Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Shake a stick plus 1
Ebook readers at IFA Berlin, 4-9 September

The IFA is a consumer electronics trade show held in Berlin every year. Several exhibitors will be bringing ebook readers this year.

Sony will be there (Hall 4.2/Booth 101). Currently only the PRS-505 is listed, so they might not be bringing the recently announced PRS-300 or PRS-600. I'm following up on this and will post new information as I get it.

There will also be a new Netronix distributor. It's a Netherlands based company by the name of Lubix. Based on the product description, they don't appear to have added to default firmware.

And we've been told that PocketBook, the Ukraine based ebook developer, will be attending. They do not appear to be listed as an exhibitor, so I can't guarantee the booth number (Hall 14/Booth 107).

I have 2 reasons to be interested in Pocketbook. The first is that hey developed their own firmware, including a better gui. The other reason is that Andrey, the sales manager, has said that they will be bringing all of their readers, the PocketBook 301, 302, and the 360 (their new 5" reader). Hopefully MR will be able to send someone to take a look at it.
Nate the great is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2009, 11:44 AM   #2
K-Thom
The one and only
K-Thom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.K-Thom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.K-Thom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.K-Thom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.K-Thom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.K-Thom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.K-Thom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.K-Thom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.K-Thom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.K-Thom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.K-Thom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: yup!
I'm testing the 360 right now and already have an appointment with Pocketbook at September, 9th, so rest assured.

The GUI is quite good and elaborate, best I've seen so far on any device.

Last edited by K-Thom; 08-17-2009 at 11:48 AM.
K-Thom is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-17-2009, 11:50 AM   #3
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
K-Thom, that's great news. as i already said i'm really looking forward to hearing your review of the Pocketbook which looks like a brilliant device, and i'll be very interested to hear what information Andrey (and any others you can talk to) can give you at IFA as well.
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2009, 12:18 PM   #4
CTH
Zealot
CTH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CTH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CTH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CTH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CTH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CTH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CTH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CTH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CTH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CTH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CTH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

No Txtr?

I hope that they will go and give us some new info on their reader. They are german after all so they should be there
CTH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2009, 01:48 PM   #5
K-Thom
The one and only
K-Thom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.K-Thom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.K-Thom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.K-Thom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.K-Thom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.K-Thom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.K-Thom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.K-Thom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.K-Thom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.K-Thom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.K-Thom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: yup!
Nope,

obvioulsy they won't have the device up and running until the Book Fair in Frankfurt just a month later ... go figure.
K-Thom is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-19-2009, 09:51 AM   #6
Gnomon
Gnomon began at the beginning.

Device: Pocketbook 301 plus
And we've been told that PocketBook, the Ukraine based ebook developer, will be attending. They do not appear to be listed as an exhibitor, so I can't guarantee the booth number (Hall 14/Booth 107).

Information is correct. They will be at Hall 14.1/Booth 107 under the name of Western Graphics.
Gnomon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2009, 10:55 AM   #7
sforce
Connoisseur
sforce doesn't littersforce doesn't litter

Device: Plastic Logic (?)
Quote:
Sony will be there (Hall 4.2/Booth 101). Currently only the PRS-505 is listed, so they might not be bringing the recently announced PRS-300 or PRS-600. I'm following up on this and will post new information as I get it
Remember, Sony has a big Reader announcement next week, so maybe they will bring their hoped for wireless Reader along:

Sony's Reader team to present something August 25
sforce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2009, 09:10 AM   #8
Nate the great
Sir Penguin of Edinburgh
Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Shake a stick plus 1
So, is anyone going?

I ask becuase Sony is having a press conference in its booth on 2 September (before the fair). It would be good if someone could ask them about the Daily Edition.

Last edited by Nate the great; 08-28-2009 at 09:30 AM.
Nate the great is offline   Reply With Quote