Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 04-12-2013, 10:32 AM   #35941
kindlekitten
Professional Adventuress
kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Olympic Peninsula on the OTHER Washington! (the big green clean one on the west coast!)
Device: Kindle, the original! Times Two! and gifting an International Kindle
I wish! Don't normally have high b.p. this was I think, the single most dreadful experience I have ever been through
kindlekitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 04:19 PM   #35942
Rumpelteazer
Grand Sorcerer
Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite Signature Edition
My sister and I just made tzaziki. Tomorrow evening my parents are going to visit friends and my sister and I decided to make it a fun night with movies and snacks. Tomorrow, before work, I'll go to the market and get carrots, cucumber and turkish bread to go with the tzaziki.
Rumpelteazer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 06:10 PM   #35943
Stitchawl
Opsimath
Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650, iPhone 5, Kobo Glo, Sony PRS-350, iPad, Samsung Galaxy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rumpelteazer View Post
My sister and I just made tzaziki. Tomorrow evening my parents are going to visit friends and my sister and I decided to make it a fun night with movies and snacks. Tomorrow, before work, I'll go to the market and get carrots, cucumber and turkish bread to go with the tzaziki.
Can you make 'Falafel?' Easy peasy to do, and tzaziki is the very best topping for it! There are simple prepared mixes for falafel that taste just as good as when made from scratch, only only take 10 minutes to make. I make it often as it's low-cal, high fiber, and tastes great! BTW, tomatoes go really well with tzaziki too!

Stitchawl
Stitchawl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2013, 05:06 PM   #35944
Rumpelteazer
Grand Sorcerer
Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stitchawl View Post
Can you make 'Falafel?' Easy peasy to do, and tzaziki is the very best topping for it! There are simple prepared mixes for falafel that taste just as good as when made from scratch, only only take 10 minutes to make. I make it often as it's low-cal, high fiber, and tastes great! BTW, tomatoes go really well with tzaziki too!

Stitchawl
I can get falafel and mixes for it, we'll try that next time.

The tzaziki was a mixed success. The recipe my sister found didn't mention that you should remove the wet core of the cucumber so our tzaziki was more liquid than it should be. She also had a huge cucumber so it ended up more like a yoghurt based cucumber salad. Last, it could have done with a little less garlic (vampires won't be bothering us tonight ) and a little more lemon juice. It was still nice, though. We'll try again next week, since it's easy to make.
Old 04-13-2013, 05:28 PM   #35945
Stitchawl
Opsimath
Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
I can get falafel and mixes for it, we'll try that next time.

The tzaziki was a mixed success. The recipe my sister found didn't mention that you should remove the wet core of the cucumber so our tzaziki was more liquid than it should be. She also had a huge cucumber so it ended up more like a yoghurt based cucumber salad. Last, it could have done with a little less garlic (vampires won't be bothering us tonight ) and a little more lemon juice. It was still nice, though. We'll try again next week, since it's easy to make.

Grate the cucumber and let it drain. Squeeze it. Put the yogurt into a cheesecloth and let it drain for two hours too.

Stitchawl
Old 04-13-2013, 07:01 PM   #35946
poohbear_nc
Now what?
poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Every Kindle Ever Made & To Be Made!
Quote:
Originally Posted by kindlekitten View Post
Still not sure what was up. Blood and urine were ok, blood pressure and pulse were really high. Doc said physical symptoms were like I was withdrawing from something. What would be the question
Some thoughts:
1. Panic attack? Either nervous or hormonal cause?
2. Exposure to allergen? Like a mild (i.e. non-fatal) anaphylactic shock?

Do you have a BP cuff at home to monitor your condition?
poohbear_nc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2013, 08:45 PM   #35947
kindlekitten
Professional Adventuress
kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Olympic Peninsula on the OTHER Washington! (the big green clean one on the west coast!)
Device: Kindle, the original! Times Two! and gifting an International Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by poohbear_nc View Post
Some thoughts:
1. Panic attack? Either nervous or hormonal cause?
2. Exposure to allergen? Like a mild (i.e. non-fatal) anaphylactic shock?

Do you have a BP cuff at home to monitor your condition?
I used to have near debilitating anxiety attacks, this was different. A lot. As the discomfort started while I was eating I'm going more with some sort of allergen or reaction with/to a supplement I'm taking. Very scary. Came home early yesterday and being pretty quiet today. Saturdays from next week until at least mid June are booked solid so quiet time is just as well.

In other news, who knew my dog was part tree cat? Pi loved carrots and tomatoes, but would barely sniff a piece of celery. Arragorn looks at me like I'm crazy when I offer him a carrot or tomato, but all of a sudden I practically have to leave the room to eat celery! I think raw meat consumption would be easier around him!
kindlekitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2013, 03:46 PM   #35948
Rumpelteazer
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Grate the cucumber and let it drain. Squeeze it. Put the yogurt into a cheesecloth and let it drain for two hours too.

Stitchawl
We let the cucumber drain, but we didn't remove the core. We also used Greek yoghurt, which is thicker than normal (Dutch) yoghurt.

I'm now trying to decide what to watch tonight; a film (if so: which one?) or season 6 of NCIS. Whilst doing this I'm already mentally preparing myself for a task that I hate but will need to do tomorrow: clothes shopping, for jeans in this case.
Old 04-14-2013, 04:41 PM   #35949
orlok
Close to the Edit!
orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Amazon Fire 8", Kindle 6"
Quote:
Whilst doing this I'm already mentally preparing myself for a task that I hate but will need to do tomorrow: clothes shopping, for jeans in this case.
You hate clothes shopping!!!??? If I wasn't already, I ask you to marry me .
orlok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2013, 04:57 PM   #35950
Rumpelteazer
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by orlok View Post
You hate clothes shopping!!!??? If I wasn't already, I ask you to marry me .
With a vengeance! I order most of my shirts online from Evans, their sizing is consistent. I fount, however, that pants are not so easily ordered online without fitting them first. I find it a complete waste of time if it wasn't for the fact that I need clothes. My tactic for things I need to try on is go shopping on Monday, our store's closed, so I have time, and it's the most quiet day of the week in clothes shops.

I also have to get my hair cut next week, the hairdressers always tell me off that there is usually months between haircuts. It's now almost shoulder length, so I really have to go (and get it nice and short again).
Old 04-14-2013, 06:54 PM   #35951
poohbear_nc
Now what?
poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Went for my after dinner walk - the streets are green! Tree pollen is coating everything! My car is green! The deck has a layer of green - I can slide over it like I'm skating!

Going to rain tonight - there will be green rivers in the gutters!
Old 04-14-2013, 07:01 PM   #35952
Stitchawl
Opsimath

Quote:
Originally Posted by poohbear_nc View Post
Went for my after dinner walk - the streets are green! Tree pollen is coating everything! My car is green! The deck has a layer of green - I can slide over it like I'm skating!

Going to rain tonight - there will be green rivers in the gutters!
You get green. We get pink. It's like pink snow and it doesn't to much for traction going around curves on my motorcycle. The cars are pink, the streets are pink, and the only things that are different colors are my nose, which is red, and my garbage can which is white with the box of tissues I'm going through every day. Damn hay fever!

Stitchawl
Old 04-14-2013, 07:05 PM   #35953
poohbear_nc
Now what?

Quote:
You get green. We get pink. It's like pink snow and it doesn't to much for traction going around curves on my motorcycle. The cars are pink, the streets are pink, and the only things that are different colors are my nose, which is red, and my garbage can which is white with the box of tissues I'm going through every day. Damn hay fever!

Stitchawl
Ditto here. This is the week I have to wear a filter mask for lawn mowing or yard work.
Old 04-14-2013, 08:41 PM   #35954
ProfCrash
Tea Enthusiast
ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle1, Kindle DX Graphite, K3 3G, IPad 3, PW2
Waiting on the pollen. I have not been taking my allergy meds and been fine so far. I want to limit meds while I am trying to get pregnant.
ProfCrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2013, 08:59 PM   #35955
Stitchawl
Opsimath

I'm just hoping we're outta here before the Cedar pollen season gets into full swing. That's the one that really knocks me for a loop. There doesn't seem to be any antihistamine that works well enough for me to combat it. Right now, Zertac doubled is keeping me alive, but just barely.

Stitchawl

Tags
android, banana bread - yummy, bread machines, drunk college student, duck!, hooters, how to make apple butter, how to make cream soda, invasion of privacy, liquid eyeliner, plockhoy, spice trade, thread that never ends, unutterable silliness, wait, what?