Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Reading Recommendations

Notices

Old 10-02-2011, 07:20 AM   #1
kennyc
The Dank Side of the Moon
kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle2; Kindle Fire
A very nice piece of writing: BBC: Arctic attraction: Fish the Italians have hooked

Arctic attraction: Fish the Italians have hooked
By Christine Finn Norway

The Lofoten Islands, high up in the Arctic Circle The Italian connection dates back centuries

Norway's Lofoten islands are famous for their wild terrain and jaw-dropping views of the Midnight Sun and Northern Lights. But they also have an unexpected link with warmer climes.

An 18-hour train ride to the end of the line fetched me up inside Norway's Arctic Circle, with a tantalising view of spiky, glacial peaks, far across the sea. I was looking at the Lofoten islands.

There was even a bus. Since 2007, King Olaf's Road has linked Norway's mainland with the archipelago, as a necklace of bridges, tunnels and spectacular views.

Journey's end was an international youth hostel where the north wind whipped around the nearby rorbuer, or fishing cabins.

Muffling myself against a chilly morning, I found my fellow hostellers were much more appropriately dressed for the Arctic.

Many had travelled there on the outside deck of the Hurtigruten Ferry, which calls at the Lofotens on its journey to the far north of Norway, and the Russian Border at Kirkenes.

I had been hoping to head to the frontier region, too, but had to admit I was inadequately prepared for wild camping.

Rest Here:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-15125574
kennyc is offline   Reply With Quote