Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK > Nook Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 12-24-2013, 10:32 AM   #1
curiouscat
Enthusiast
curiouscat is a marvel to beholdcuriouscat is a marvel to beholdcuriouscat is a marvel to beholdcuriouscat is a marvel to beholdcuriouscat is a marvel to beholdcuriouscat is a marvel to beholdcuriouscat is a marvel to beholdcuriouscat is a marvel to beholdcuriouscat is a marvel to beholdcuriouscat is a marvel to beholdcuriouscat is a marvel to behold

Device: Kindle Oasis
Question sideloading apps without root?

Hi, is root needed or could I side load apps to my nook touch with glowlight? I only want a decent pdf reader and possibly the amazon app (although calibre converts them fine.)

If root is needed, which method is the best? All posts I've read are at least a year old.

Advice appreciated.

Happy Christmas.
curiouscat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2013, 11:37 PM   #2
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie
eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Beaten Path, USA, Roundworld, This Side of Infinity
Device: Kindle Touch fw5.3.7 (Wifi only)
Rooting is required.

Generally speaking, as an android device, the most up-to-date everything will be somewhere on http://forum.xda-developers.com.

You can also try the following guides:

http://www.makeuseof.com/tag/hack-yo...ee-easy-steps/
http://www.babblingengineer.com/how-...eader-monster/
eschwartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2013, 03:35 PM   #3
curiouscat
Enthusiast
curiouscat is a marvel to beholdcuriouscat is a marvel to beholdcuriouscat is a marvel to beholdcuriouscat is a marvel to beholdcuriouscat is a marvel to beholdcuriouscat is a marvel to beholdcuriouscat is a marvel to beholdcuriouscat is a marvel to beholdcuriouscat is a marvel to beholdcuriouscat is a marvel to beholdcuriouscat is a marvel to behold

Thanks eschwartz. Clearer on the how but still undecided what package to use. Anyone have a preference? Not that bothered about having the market available but is glownooter worth it in terms of speed, performance compared to other noots?
Old 12-27-2013, 01:51 PM   #4
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie
eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Beaten Path, USA, Roundworld, This Side of Infinity
Device: Kindle Touch fw5.3.7 (Wifi only)
Quote:
Originally Posted by curiouscat View Post
Thanks eschwartz. Clearer on the how but still undecided what package to use. Anyone have a preference? Not that bothered about having the market available but is glownooter worth it in terms of speed, performance compared to other noots?
I don't have a nook, so I have no idea. I just read a lot of random stuff. Perhaps someone else here has a preference and can advise you, but I don't want to endorse a particular method without having personal experience.
eschwartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2013, 04:27 PM   #5
curiouscat
Enthusiast

Thanks anyway m8
Old 12-28-2013, 07:46 AM   #6
booklover6
Grand Sorcerer
booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara, 2E, Libre, PW4, PW5, 2022 Kindle
I didn't use Nooter, I used the other one, Nook Manager, on a Nook simple touch, and it was fantastic. Not hard to do, and really nice interface. I am sure there is a version of Nook Manager for the Glow.
booklover6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2013, 07:47 AM   #7
curiouscat
Enthusiast

Thanks just stumbled on nook manager last night. Will give it a go.
Old 12-28-2013, 03:56 PM   #8
Kaysclie
Addict
Kaysclie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kaysclie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kaysclie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kaysclie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kaysclie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kaysclie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kaysclie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kaysclie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kaysclie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kaysclie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kaysclie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Forma, Aura One,Ipad Pro 10.5, Oasis 3
Nook Manager does work with the Nook Simple touch Glow. That's what I used and I am quite satisfied with the results.
Kaysclie is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2014, 06:42 PM   #9
Keron
Nook Ninja
Keron is faster than slow light.Keron is faster than slow light.Keron is faster than slow light.Keron is faster than slow light.Keron is faster than slow light.Keron is faster than slow light.Keron is faster than slow light.Keron is faster than slow light.Keron is faster than slow light.Keron is faster than slow light.Keron is faster than slow light.

Device: Kindle Keyboard 3G, NookColor, Nook Simple Touch
Did it work, curiouscat? Make sure to follow up NookManager with NTGAppsAttack.
Keron is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
nook touch with glowlight, root, sideload