Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Which one should I buy?

Notices

Old 03-18-2015, 05:51 AM   #16
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by trocchietto View Post
I like android with google play so that i can install my favorite apps,
then i need the dutch-english dictionary, as I read dutch, and as most of my books are pdf, if i well recall when I avoided to buy the h20 the reason was i could not find a way to lookup words from Dutch to English in pdf documents, whereas with a Mantano app I have huge possibilities.
OK, you meant that the dictionary lookup does not work with PDF and you really want to use Android rather than a dedicated device.
Quote:
All in all the default way to manage the highlights and notes especially combining them in their own fragment/activity is gorgeous on the last Kobo, you David and your team did a great job, and the home UI is so attractive and enjoyable, and the navigation was flaweless. I am really honored to speak with one of the Kobo developers indeed, the customization of the fonts with preview is a really cool feature, especially because as Italian i feel honored to see the benchmark with the old latin text, really bibliophil mktg choice, really smart. As soon as I will have android I will buy, if i well remember there was a root possible to make a dual boot, but is quite inefficient for me, as ereaders are still sluggish compared to my ipad and i7 reading experiences and waiting for a reboot could kill me. Although I would buy it if the device would have been open and with guarantee( i theorically can root my sony rt2 to put android, but I do not do because I am afraid i can brick it, and also is maybe time to have a more performing device.
As flattered as I am, I'm not a Kobo developer. I do maintain the KoboTouch driver in calibre and created the Kobo Utilities plugin. Those are done on my time when I see a problem or think of something new to do. I do work as a software developer and have been playing with relational databases nearly all my career. That's one of the reasons I have done what I have with the Kobo ereaders. I like fiddling with databases and realised this was easy to get at and do few extra things.

I was a little surprised at your comment about the text used in the advance font adjustment. It is a common placeholder used in places like this so that it doesn't distract the user from what they are doing. Wikipedia has an explanation about it.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2015, 02:49 PM   #17
trocchietto
Addict
trocchietto ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trocchietto ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trocchietto ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trocchietto ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trocchietto ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trocchietto ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trocchietto ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trocchietto ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trocchietto ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trocchietto ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trocchietto ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony 650 ,T2, samsung 7.7, ipad2, ipad mini2, yotaphone2, galax tab s2
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
I was a little surprised at your comment about the text used in the advance font adjustment. It is a common placeholder used in places like this so that it doesn't distract the user from what they are doing. Wikipedia has an explanation about it.
this is pretty cool, thank you, I did not know
Speaking of databases I am really busy with an assigment on content providers that i have to show within a week sometimes I think that people that created the Android or Java API are geniuses
trocchietto is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert