Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 07-09-2008, 09:00 AM   #781
pshrynk
Beepbeep n beebeep, yeah!
pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iThingie, KmkII, I miss Zelda!
Quote:
Originally Posted by montsnmags View Post
Wait, I don't get it?

Are you saying...what?...I'm...not dead sexy? But why would Mum lie to me about something like that?

Oh look:

WOOHOO! 1000 POSTS! (1% sugar, 99% fibre)

Cheers,
Marc (trolling for pshrynk)
Mothers lie.

$250, please. You can pay the laddy at the door.
pshrynk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2008, 09:06 AM   #782
montsnmags
Grand Sorcerer
montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoffC View Post
83% hilarious
I'm trying to be serious. Stop laughing.

Quote:
15% pandering to the ladies
I don't even like pandas (though I do wonder what they taste like)

Quote:
0.14% banal
I pray to the god Banal every night. Unsurprisingly, predictably, drearily, he always provides.

Quote:
the remainder just to get more chocolate out of me...
That's what I'm here for, baby!

Cheers,
Marc
montsnmags is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2008, 09:10 AM   #783
montsnmags
Grand Sorcerer
montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pshrynk View Post
Mothers lie.
"Lie"...yes, interesting word choice. Excuse me while I lock my self in the cupboard under the stairs and quiver like a lightning rod stabbing at a supercell.

Quote:
$250, please. You can pay the laddy at the door.
Heading out tonight...a few drinks here and there...the (un)usual watering holes...you feeling up to it, mate? My shout.

Cheers,
Marc (and tell your laddy it's rude to stare. You know how Adrian hates it)
Old 07-09-2008, 09:12 AM   #784
pshrynk
pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
"Lie"...yes, interesting word choice. Excuse me while I lock my self in the cupboard under the stairs and quiver like a lightning rod stabbing at a supercell.

Heading out tonight...a few drinks here and there...the (un)usual watering holes...you feeling up to it, mate? My shout.

Cheers,
Marc (and tell your laddy it's rude to stare. You know how Adrian hates it)
That's not a stare. He's passed out and it's only 8:10 AM. Amazingly talented, these Irish Americans.

Okay on the drinks, but I must insist that I pay the tips. Last ime you shorted that guy in the bar where everyone was wearing leather chaps and it was not pretty.
Old 07-09-2008, 09:19 AM   #785
GeoffC
Chocolate Grasshopper ...
GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Muse HD , Cybook Gen3 , Pocketbook 302 (Black) , Nexus 10: wife has PW
Quote:
That's not a stare. He's passed out and it's only 8:10 AM. Amazingly talented, these Irish Americans.

Okay on the drinks, but I must insist that I pay the tips. Last ime you shorted that guy in the bar where everyone was wearing leather chaps and it was not pretty.
was he the one toting the bowie knife behind his ear, and a tomahawk under his arm-pit? (or was that his familiar). some of us were too far gone to remember,.,..,,.,.
GeoffC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2008, 09:20 AM   #786
pshrynk

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoffC View Post
was he the one toting the bowie knife behind his ear, and a tomahawk under his arm-pit? (or was that his familiar). some of us were too far gone to remember,.,..,,.,.
He was in the bar after that where we ran to to avoid the riot Adrian caused on the subway. Who knew there was a stop in Hades on the Green Line?
Old 07-09-2008, 09:28 AM   #787
montsnmags
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Oh, my apologies to and admiration of him then. If you feel the need to bring along a PA to the party, he'd probably fit in perfectly (though become perfectly useless as a PA)

Quote:
Okay on the drinks, but I must insist that I pay the tips. Last time you shorted that guy in the bar where everyone was wearing leather chaps and it was not pretty.
Leather chaps are rarely pretty, particularly when there's nothing on under them. Yes, I've been banned (again). I just hope that this time they don't make me dress as Calamity Jane, get up on the pool table, and make me sing I'm just a girl who cain't say "No" before they repeal my banning.

Thanks for looking out for me. You're a top bloke.

Cheers,
Marc
Old 07-09-2008, 09:33 AM   #788
montsnmags
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
He was in the bar after that where we ran to to avoid the riot Adrian caused on the subway. Who knew there was a stop in Hades on the Green Line?
Pfft. They started it. They're the one's called him "Monkeyboy". The damned spirits of Hades knew from last time that he likes to drink his spirits straight when he's angry. Buggrem, if they can't take a joke.

Cheers,
marc
Old 07-09-2008, 09:34 AM   #789
Nate the great
Sir Penguin of Edinburgh
Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Shake a stick plus 1
Quote:
What, you didn't know?

Back when I bought souls (on commission), that was a weekly stop for me.
Nate the great is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2008, 09:37 AM   #790
pshrynk

I do most of my soul retrieval work on the Blue line. The little bistro right off the stop is so convenient and they have those beignets that ZP loves so much.
Old 07-09-2008, 09:42 AM   #791
RWood
Technogeezer
RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-500
Quote:

<snip>
Think of the determination, the single-minded drive to achieve such a goal. Not that there's anything wrong with that. My cousin once knew one and she thought him to be a regular guy.

Congrats Marc on reaching 1,000 posts.
RWood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2008, 10:29 AM   #792
jerryleejr
Koby-rific!
jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Kobo Sage,Kobo Aura One, Glo HD,PRS-T1,PRS-950, PRS 300, PRS 350
Quote:
Leather chaps are rarely pretty, particularly when there's nothing on under them. Yes, I've been banned (again). I just hope that this time they don't make me dress as Calamity Jane, get up on the pool table, and make me sing I'm just a girl who cain't say "No" before they repeal my banning.

Thanks for looking out for me. You're a top bloke.

Cheers,
Marc
You were banned because you were wearing them backwards!

JJ
jerryleejr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2008, 01:10 PM   #793
badgoodDeb
Grand Sorcerer
badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palms, K1-4s, iPads, iPhones, KV, KO1
Quote:
Yes, I've been banned (again). I just hope that this time they don't make me dress as Calamity Jane, get up on the pool table, and make me sing I'm just a girl who cain't say "No" before they repeal my banning.

Marc
Oh, *DO* make sure I'm along on that trip, when you have to sing that. That's one of my favorite musicals. And I'm *sure* you would do the song justice.
badgoodDeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2008, 01:26 PM   #794
nekokami
fruminous edugeek
nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad, eBw 1150
Ok, it's taken a while (in particular, finding/making the monkey mask was a bit tricky), but here is the long-awaited illustration for Marc's avatar.

I was thinking you could select bits of it to use at any given time... it's rather overwhelming all at once, don't you think?

nekokami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2008, 01:33 PM   #795
tINmOUSE
(stand in: rOBOTmINION)
tINmOUSE is clearly one to watchtINmOUSE is clearly one to watchtINmOUSE is clearly one to watchtINmOUSE is clearly one to watchtINmOUSE is clearly one to watchtINmOUSE is clearly one to watchtINmOUSE is clearly one to watchtINmOUSE is clearly one to watchtINmOUSE is clearly one to watchtINmOUSE is clearly one to watchtINmOUSE is clearly one to watch

Device: none yet. Waiting for Mentor.
a quick post cause I am asleep at the moment (it being 1:30am here).

For some reason its very easy to think of Zelda as a redhead?
Anyone else experiencing this?

Name:  eb52a0b74e1cbf84.jpg
Views: 1014
Size:  7.7 KB

There just a sense of 'utter silliness' about this mysterious woman
(and thus perfectly suited to be a zelda-pinwheel avatar)

(enough! sleep calls me back to slumber as the log of
unconcessness...ness that I so resemble on tuesdays)
tINmOUSE is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
duck!, fun with avatars, thwack!, unutterable silliness, zelda