Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > General Discussions

Notices

Old 04-30-2012, 02:45 PM   #1
wodin
Illiterate
wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Galaxy S10+, Microsoft Surface Pro
Is WhisperSync getting a little sloppy?

It’s been my habit to read on my PC whilst at home, and my Samsung Galaxy Note when out and about, and have found WhisperSync to be invaluable for keeping my place without having to remember where I left off. But in the last few weeks, it’s either been saying that my place is up to date, or has been sending me to the wrong place.It’s gotten to the point where I have to manually sync, as if there was no WhisperSync.

WhisperSync has been the only reason I been using K4PC and K4A, and buying books from Amazon. If this continues, my reason for using them will no longer be viable, and I might as well just use liberated Epub, it’s a better format in any case.
wodin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 07:28 PM   #2
pidgeon92
Wizard
pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2, Kindle Voyage, Kindle DXG, Boox M90, Kobo Aura HD
I don't bother with the WhisperSync at all. I just note the location and use the go-to function when I want to read the same book on a different Kindle device.
pidgeon92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-30-2012, 07:34 PM   #3
poohbear_nc
Now what?
poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Every Kindle Ever Made & To Be Made!
I too have noticed some lapses between my Fire & my Kindle - the "suggested" place was off by several chapters.
poohbear_nc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 10:06 PM   #4
Joykins
Wizard
Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle Oasis 2018, kindle 4 NT, kindle PW2, iPhone, iPad mini
My sense is that it works slightly better than the nook sync, but I haven't tried to use it in the last few weeks.
Joykins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 11:37 AM   #5
Jazzy_Jeffaz
Jazzy_Jeffaz is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Jazzy_Jeffaz is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Jazzy_Jeffaz is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Jazzy_Jeffaz is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Jazzy_Jeffaz is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Jazzy_Jeffaz is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Jazzy_Jeffaz is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Jazzy_Jeffaz is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Jazzy_Jeffaz is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Jazzy_Jeffaz is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Jazzy_Jeffaz is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.

Device: Kindle Keyboard
It works great between my 3 devices. I have a Kindle Keyboard, a Toshiba Thrive tablet and a LG Optimus phone. Try going into your Manage Your Kindle page and reset the last page read. See if that fixes it.
Jazzy_Jeffaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-01-2012, 01:39 PM   #6
ProfCrash
Tea Enthusiast
ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle1, Kindle DX Graphite, K3 3G, IPad 3, PW2
I have not found Whispersync to work all that well. I have no idea why but it has never done well on my devices. So I don't use it.
ProfCrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 08:21 PM   #7
Andrew H.
Grand Master of Flowers
Andrew H. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andrew H. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andrew H. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andrew H. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andrew H. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andrew H. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andrew H. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andrew H. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andrew H. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andrew H. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andrew H. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW, Kindle 3 (aka Keyboard), iPhone, iPad 3 (not for reading)
Whispersync works great for me. However, for it to sync properly when I'm using my Kindle, I have to manually flick the sleep button. If I just leave it and let it go to sleep by itself, it doesn't sync correctly.
Andrew H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 05:29 PM   #8
bwaldron
Wizard
bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles: Paperwhite Signature Ed., Oasis 2, Voyage
I've noticed this recently as well. Whispersync has always worked perfectly for me over the past few years, but it hasn't always been as accurate lately.
bwaldron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 10:08 PM   #9
vaughnmr
Ebook Reader
vaughnmr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vaughnmr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vaughnmr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vaughnmr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vaughnmr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vaughnmr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vaughnmr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vaughnmr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vaughnmr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vaughnmr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vaughnmr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, HTC Evo, HTC View
I was told that you had to go to "home" and then "sync and check for items" to get a reliable sync. Do wish it was all automatic though.
vaughnmr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 01:57 AM   #10
Kumabjorn
Basculocolpic
Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3 WiFi, Kindle 4SO, Kindle for Android, Sony PRS-350 and PRS-T1
It works fine for me as long as I remember to return to Home after finishing reading. For example, if I fall asleep with my Kindle open to a certain page and the next morning decide to continue on my Android then I will start from the same page as I did on the Kindle the night before. If I then go into the Kindle and push the Home button it will sync up with the server, however I will then need to do a new sync on the Android before opening it, since it only syncs when closing.
As a precaution I try to remember to always do a final manual sync before closing any device, but I am forgetful so it doesn't always happen. I don't think there is any problem with Whispersync per se, but the different devices seem to sync at different intervals.
Kumabjorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2012, 01:51 PM   #11
bwaldron
Wizard
bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles: Paperwhite Signature Ed., Oasis 2, Voyage
I'm aware of and always do take those precautions; however, even with them Whispersync has become a bit "off" for me lately.
bwaldron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2012, 02:01 PM   #12
Kumabjorn
Basculocolpic
Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3 WiFi, Kindle 4SO, Kindle for Android, Sony PRS-350 and PRS-T1
Did you contact Kindle CS?
I wish they would be more diligent with posting "news" on their site.
Kumabjorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2012, 06:12 PM   #13
tompe
Grand Sorcerer
tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Nexus 5, Kindle PW
For me if I go to home on my Kindle it usually sync properly to my phone. But the syncing from phone to Kindle is much more unreliable. Half the times it does not work properly.
tompe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 12:16 AM   #14
RainingLemur
Spork Connoisseur
RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Color
I've had a couple instances where it's been wonky the last few days. But, it's not been something I really noticed much. I just figured I had snoozed a bit between readings and just forgot where I started/stopped.
RainingLemur is offline   Reply With Quote