Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 07-23-2011, 08:41 AM   #1
aeolus
aeolus began at the beginning.

Device: none
Screen Saver (did everything right, but still have a problem)

Hey there,
I did both jailbreak and screen saver crack thing yesterday, i can see now the test screensaver, but the problem is, no matter what i added to the folder "scrrensavers", it only shows the test screensaver, called "00_you_can_delete_me", all others are in appropriate format (800x600) but still, the only screen saver is this test screensaver. could you help me please?
aeolus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2011, 08:45 AM   #2
pbcal
pbcal began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by aeolus View Post
Hey there,
I did both jailbreak and screen saver crack thing yesterday, i can see now the test screensaver, but the problem is, no matter what i added to the folder "scrrensavers", it only shows the test screensaver, called "00_you_can_delete_me", all others are in appropriate format (800x600) but still, the only screen saver is this test screensaver. could you help me please?
Every time you add or delete screensaver files, you need to reboot your kindle.
pbcal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-23-2011, 08:53 AM   #3
aeolus
aeolus began at the beginning.

Device: none
rebooting lilke? turn off and on?
aeolus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2011, 10:22 AM   #4
GoSharks
SQUIRREL!!
GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K-Fire, PW2, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by aeolus View Post
rebooting lilke? turn off and on?
Yes, as in do a restart. Your Kindle will then read your screensaver folder again and add the new screensavers to its memory.
GoSharks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2011, 11:39 AM   #5
saikyo
saikyo began at the beginning.

Device: kindle 3 3g/wifi
This "turning off and on" means that you have to go into SETTINGS > MENU > RESTART KINDLE. Not just flip it on and off with the switch.
saikyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert