Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Tablets

Notices

Old 09-04-2012, 08:55 PM   #1
thesmeee
thesmeee began at the beginning.

Device: kobo vox
kkobo vox help, pdf

Hi all
The missus wants the Kobo Vox, shes got a shed load of e books already in PDF format from her old e reader that packed up.
now ive read that you can download adobe's PDF reader for free and use it on the vox, but ive also read that alot of PDF books still wont work on it.

i have no knowledge here so any input or info on the subject would be great. i just dont want to go out and buy her one, then it not support her existing books and have to buy them a second time round, when i could just buy a reader that does.

also if it will read pdf books, do they have to be ''legit''?

hopefully someone can help
thanks in advance

Paul

Last edited by thesmeee; 09-04-2012 at 09:03 PM.
thesmeee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 01:01 PM   #2
Cdesja5
Wizard
Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Lots and lots of electronic gadgets...
It will read the books better with a reader app than with Adobe. I use Aldiko but Mantano is apparently good with pdfs files too.
For reading pdf a bigger tablet than a 7" one may be better. I find reading on my Galaxy Tab 10" is easier, but if it is a question of price, the Vox will get the job done with the right app...
Ps: they don't have to be "legit"
Cdesja5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 04:03 PM   #3
oldyellr
Evangelist
oldyellr is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.oldyellr is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.oldyellr is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.oldyellr is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.oldyellr is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.oldyellr is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.oldyellr is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.oldyellr is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.oldyellr is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.oldyellr is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.oldyellr is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.

Device: Kobo Vox, Amazon Fire 7
Use Calibre to convert the PDFs to epub.
oldyellr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 04:17 PM   #4
thesmeee
thesmeee began at the beginning.

Device: kobo vox
both great reply's, very helpful
thanks very much both, cant say what a help you have been, went in to smiths to buy 1 for her but they said they dont do refunds, and Kobo only exchange them if they dont work, no refunds at all. otherwise id have bought it and just had a go at it. but with no chance of a refund if none of it worked i thought id pop on here.

thanks again
Paul
thesmeee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 07:02 PM   #5
peterhondak
Zealot
peterhondak is on a distinguished road

Device: KoboMini (mine and MIL) KoboVox(returned), sonytouch(mom's),samsung7"
do you have a future shop? Since VOX is a reader, I had 30 days to return if I didn't like it. (I would suggest you ask that first to confirm as I bought last nov)
peterhondak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 07:10 PM   #6
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
@Peter: I think the poster is in the UK......
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote