Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old 08-13-2009, 09:48 AM   #16
mtravellerh
book creator
mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB360°
Quote:
Originally Posted by YGG- View Post
And on mobile phones : Android machines...
Really? Is there a special software? Is it free? Tell us more about that, please!
mtravellerh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2009, 09:54 AM   #17
grooks
Wizard
grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.

Device: Pocketbook Era, Kobo Forma
I have FBReader on my Android phone but to the best of my knowledge it only reads DRM-Free epub.
grooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-13-2009, 10:07 AM   #18
Dave_S
What Title ?
Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Experia Z Ultra
Quote:
Originally Posted by grooks View Post
I have FBReader on my Android phone but to the best of my knowledge it only reads DRM-Free epub.
Well, the title of this thread is: "Official list of ePub compatible e-book devices". ADE crippled ePub compatible devices are not even mentioned in the title. That makes anything with FBReader an ePub compatible e-book device for this thread. That makes me wonder what makes that list "official"?
Dave_S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2009, 10:09 AM   #19
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robbeli View Post
The list is NOT correct. The Irex 1000S, and maybe others, should not yet be on it. According to Irex: Additional formats supported in the future (Adobe PDF/EPUB).
It's a list of Adobe ADE licensees, not of devices which currently have "released" ePub support.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2009, 11:47 AM   #20
Kris777
Banned
Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, jetBook-Lite, jetBook mini, Toshiba Thrive, JETBOOK COLOR
Is it possible to convert Adobe DRM ePub to DRM-Free epub format?
Kris777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-13-2009, 11:50 AM   #21
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtravellerh View Post
Really? Is there a special software? Is it free? Tell us more about that, please!
aldiko ebook (epub) reading software for adroid.

here's a review : http://the-gadgeteer.com/2009/06/04/...ndroid-review/

not free, but it only costs 1.99$, so not too expensive.
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2009, 11:54 AM   #22
wallcraft
reader
wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Kobo Glo HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kris777 View Post
Is it possible to convert Adobe DRM ePub to DRM-Free epub format?
Yes, see Adobe ADEPT DRM for EPUB circumvented.
wallcraft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2009, 01:22 PM   #23
rcuadro
Wizard
rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle DX
I wish ePub would become the standard for all ebook readers...
rcuadro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2009, 02:18 PM   #24
Robertb
Astak Director, Bus. Devl
Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Astak Pocket PRO
Yesterday's speech

Quote:
Originally Posted by zacheryjensen View Post
What you say is true if you look at the niche market specifically, that which serves the tiny fraction of the world who knows about and appreciates eBooks. But if you look at the general public just coming into awareness of this concept, they don't know of anyone but Amazon and are only opening their eyes to the existence of alternatives. In a way this is a monopoly, albeit virtual and temporary. It's still the same sort of challenge to tackle as a competing company.
Dear All:

Yesterday I gave a speech before the members of the Flash Memory Summit. Our panel was "Consumer Applications". One of those applications was eBook Readers. I had to downplay Astak and talk about eBook Readers in general. After the speech several people came up and said they had no idea that there was anybody manufacturing devices other than Amazon. They were, frankly astonished. They were also really raving about the one Maroon Pocket PRO I had there.

I stand by what I have been saying all along... even the most technical of people still have almost NO knowledge of eBooks or the benefit of eBook Readers. To them, there is such a device,Amazon makes it, and they never knew that most eBook Readers play MP3 and they want that.

I think we all need to be aware that we still (meaning Astak, Amazon, Sony, Plastic Logic, and many others ALL have a need to fairly educate the public about what eBook Readers are all about!!
Robertb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2009, 03:41 PM   #25
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtravellerh View Post
There's wordplayer too, it even integrates wirelessly with calibre
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2009, 03:52 PM   #26
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
Only via their ownership of Mobipocket.
But by having eBooks exclusively for the Kindle means it is a monopoly on some eBooks. And I think it's not just a monopoly in the US.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2009, 03:55 PM   #27
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcuadro View Post
It almost is at this point. And Sony's adopting ePub for their eBook store means it's even more a done deal. And I don't think Amazon can change what's happening.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2009, 05:10 PM   #28
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by K-Thom View Post
Even the term "Adobe ePub format" makes me cringe, sigh ...

actually due to the fact that Adobe has added extensions there really is an Adobe specific ePUB. And in addition some ePUB features will not work on ADE so you have to not use them.

Dale
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2009, 05:16 PM   #29
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcuadro View Post
I think you may get your wish in so far as dedicated devices are concerned. With the exception of Amazon and Foxit all the new devices support ePUB (as well as other formats). In addition the products shipped within the last year or so are being upgraded with new firmware to support ePUB as an option.
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2009, 06:07 PM   #30
griffonwing
Suave Swabby, Savvy?
griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Slate Blue PEZ (Astak Pocket Pro), CVSCX-9300 Quad-band watch phone
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robertb View Post
Dear All:

Yesterday I gave a speech before the members of the Flash Memory Summit. Our panel was "Consumer Applications". One of those applications was eBook Readers. I had to downplay Astak and talk about eBook Readers in general. After the speech several people came up and said they had no idea that there was anybody manufacturing devices other than Amazon. They were, frankly astonished. They were also really raving about the one Maroon Pocket PRO I had there.

I stand by what I have been saying all along... even the most technical of people still have almost NO knowledge of eBooks or the benefit of eBook Readers. To them, there is such a device,Amazon makes it, and they never knew that most eBook Readers play MP3 and they want that.

I think we all need to be aware that we still (meaning Astak, Amazon, Sony, Plastic Logic, and many others ALL have a need to fairly educate the public about what eBook Readers are all about!!
Even with Astak, Sony, Amazon, and more, the ebook industry is still in its infancy it seems. But more people are waking up daily, and this is a good thing.
griffonwing is offline   Reply With Quote