Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 11-11-2010, 08:01 PM   #496
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertgrandma View Post
Now I"ve forgotten if I'm supposed to identify the murdered or murder-er.

Okay.....just one hint, Pooh?

What is the name of the body that Madame Z threw into the chair?
You mean on the floor? You just don't give up...

Here is a major hint... we are NOT going to just give you the solution, until AFTER the entry deadline is passed.

BOb
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2010, 08:12 PM   #497
poohbear_nc
Now what?
poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Every Kindle Ever Made & To Be Made!
Quote:
Originally Posted by pilotbob View Post

Here is a major hint... we are NOT going to just give you the solution, until AFTER the entry deadline is passed.

BOb
[and maybe not even then muahahahahahahahaha]
poohbear_nc is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-11-2010, 08:21 PM   #498
MR. Pockets
Addict
MR. Pockets has a spectacular aura aboutMR. Pockets has a spectacular aura aboutMR. Pockets has a spectacular aura aboutMR. Pockets has a spectacular aura aboutMR. Pockets has a spectacular aura aboutMR. Pockets has a spectacular aura aboutMR. Pockets has a spectacular aura aboutMR. Pockets has a spectacular aura aboutMR. Pockets has a spectacular aura aboutMR. Pockets has a spectacular aura aboutMR. Pockets has a spectacular aura about

Device: Kobo Touch, Aluratek Libre Pro
Well, since no one else is taking the offer, I'll ask a question.

Is the body that Zelda dragged in the murderer?*

*Should anyone protest this question before you answer it, please disregard the question.
MR. Pockets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2010, 08:26 PM   #499
bjones6416
↓↓ Skirt!! Earrings!!
bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Acer netbook, JetBook Lite, Sony PRS-300, Kindle 2, Kindle Fire
I'm just going to have to wait until tomorrow to think about this. We've got a bunch of family drama going on today and apparently it has sucked all my brain power. Either that, or I just have no brain power anymore. Maybe the answer will come to me in a dream...
bjones6416 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2010, 08:30 PM   #500
SneakySnake
I'm watching you!
SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-900(unused lately) iPadAir2, want me Kindle Oasis

I'm off to find dave's epub so I can read it properly!

Maybe I should reread 'Murder on the Orient Express' to be sure I don't come up with the wrong answer that Poirot would have correctly deduced in that story!

I don't know anymore. That strawberry jam has given me a sugar high so high I can't think anymore.
SneakySnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-11-2010, 09:21 PM   #501
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
Quote:
Originally Posted by pilotbob View Post

BOb
Totally unreasonable.

mutter mutter mutter.......
desertgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2010, 03:50 AM   #502
montsnmags
Grand Sorcerer
montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
So, did anyone notice the tweety-bird in the little black dress, and the tune it was singing? Maybe you need to reread all the instalments.

Cheers,
Marc ("Helping"? Whoever said I was intent on helping? Do you people even know me? [insert evil laugh])
montsnmags is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2010, 03:59 AM   #503
omk3
Wizard
omk3 can name that ebook in five wordsomk3 can name that ebook in five wordsomk3 can name that ebook in five wordsomk3 can name that ebook in five wordsomk3 can name that ebook in five wordsomk3 can name that ebook in five wordsomk3 can name that ebook in five wordsomk3 can name that ebook in five wordsomk3 can name that ebook in five wordsomk3 can name that ebook in five wordsomk3 can name that ebook in five words

Device: pocketbook 360, kindle 4
I tried bribing Pooh but I need to spread some love around first, so I guess I'll need to figure it out the traditional way.

Questions:

Is the solution relatively realistic, or should we resort to science fiction, magic, time travel and the like?

Is the murderer a moderator, or could it be anyone appearing in the story?

(I had another question but I forgot...)
omk3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2010, 04:28 AM   #504
bpugliese
Enthusiast
bpugliese began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by poohbear_nc View Post
Hint #4 - whose version of events do you believe?
at this point? none of them.
bpugliese is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2010, 08:31 AM   #505
poohbear_nc
Now what?
poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

OK - MAJOR hint time - If everyone is telling the truth (more or less) about what they saw and heard and did - EXCEPT the murderer - then the murderer MUST be .....
Old 11-12-2010, 08:32 AM   #506
poohbear_nc
Now what?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MR. Pockets View Post
Well, since no one else is taking the offer, I'll ask a question.

Is the body that Zelda dragged in the murderer?*

*Should anyone protest this question before you answer it, please disregard the question.
Sorry - can't identify individual characters as being/not being the murderer - that's YOUR job!
Old 11-12-2010, 08:38 AM   #507
poohbear_nc
Now what?

Quote:
Originally Posted by omk3 View Post
I tried bribing Pooh but I need to spread some love around first, so I guess I'll need to figure it out the traditional way.

Questions:

Is the solution relatively realistic, or should we resort to science fiction, magic, time travel and the like?
Depends on what/where your reality is. Strange things happen in the MR building.

Is the murderer a moderator, or could it be anyone appearing in the story?
Hmmm....who had the best/most access to pshrynk -- mods or members?

(I had another question but I forgot...)

Hope these help!
Old 11-12-2010, 08:43 AM   #508
dsvick
Wizard
dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-900
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertgrandma View Post
Lets all give karma to dsvick for his nice book! Makes it so much easier to read the story, and STILL not know who did it!!

If you don't have a lot of Karma to give, take some from the chicken......
Thanks for the thought DG but it really isn't necessary, I did it for my love of reading, in the spirit of making it easier for my fellow MR members to solve this heinous crime, to immortalize the writings of poohbear, to rewrite certain key chapters so that my guess would be the only right one, to allow for the ....

errr ... I said that last bit out loud didn't I? .....

dsvick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2010, 08:44 AM   #509
LazyScot
DSil
LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, Cybook
Quote:
Originally Posted by poohbear_nc View Post
OK - MAJOR hint time - If everyone is telling the truth (more or less) about what they saw and heard and did - EXCEPT the murderer - then the murderer MUST be .....
But since you're telling the tale, if you are lying then we can't trust that anyone who appears to be lying is actually lying since it could be you lying when you tell us what they said and not them lying.

I think I need to lie down now.
LazyScot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2010, 08:46 AM   #510
poohbear_nc
Now what?

Quote:
Originally Posted by LazyScot View Post
But since you're telling the tale, if you are lying then we can't trust that anyone who appears to be lying is actually lying since it could be you lying when you tell us what they said and not them lying.

I think I need to lie down now.
Looking at your avatar - you ARE lying down! Maybe you should sit up and drain the excess blood from your brain!

Trust me on this hint! We HAVE to give away the prizes! I want someone to win by actually choosing the correct murderer! It can be done!