Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 09-19-2013, 06:05 PM   #121
robko
Wizard
robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo
A question to those who have gotten a shipping notice (pre or post delivery): are the shipping notifications coming from Kobo or the shipper (Canada Post or Fedex)? This seems to almost be as much a Canada Post issue as a Kobo issue (or maybe a Kobo getting the info from Canada Post properly) because it seems those with Fedex delivery get a proper notification and Canada Post don't. Just curious.

As to why some are Fedex and others are Canada Post, IIRC when the Aura HD came out those who ordered a cover with their device mostly came from Hong Kong and the rest were mostly from Mississauga.
robko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013, 06:22 PM   #122
DuskyRose
Guru
DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Palma, Kdle Scribe & Paperwhite, Kobo Eclipsa 2e & Libra 2, Ipads
Quote:
Originally Posted by robko View Post
A question to those who have gotten a shipping notice (pre or post delivery): are the shipping notifications coming from Kobo or the shipper (Canada Post or Fedex)?
I pre-ordered September 4th, got the first two notices on the 12th, and today got the shipping notice from noreply@kobo.com with my FedEx tracking number. Mine is coming from Hong Kong as well. Delivery estimated to be Monday.

Ordered with the cover.
DuskyRose is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-19-2013, 07:32 PM   #123
Apparition B5
Zealot
Apparition B5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apparition B5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apparition B5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apparition B5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apparition B5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apparition B5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apparition B5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apparition B5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apparition B5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apparition B5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apparition B5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3 and iPad Air 5
I received a shipping notice from Kobo.com this morning, stating that my Aura has shipped from Hong Kong via Fedex, with a delivery date of Monday, September 23rd.
Apparition B5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013, 08:32 PM   #124
Msan
Enthusiast
Msan began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Mini, Kobo Glow, iPad3
After all the run around with the preorder and them saying it wasn't shipped and then it was, I was fed up and just picked one up today at futureshop... Everything seems to be in order so far, can't see any weird patterns on the screen in sunlight and not pinholes or light leaks.
Pretty happy with it so far.
When the preorder shows up, I will just refuse the package...
Msan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013, 08:42 PM   #125
tlaine
Zealot
tlaine understands the importance of being earnest.tlaine understands the importance of being earnest.tlaine understands the importance of being earnest.tlaine understands the importance of being earnest.tlaine understands the importance of being earnest.tlaine understands the importance of being earnest.tlaine understands the importance of being earnest.tlaine understands the importance of being earnest.tlaine understands the importance of being earnest.tlaine understands the importance of being earnest.tlaine understands the importance of being earnest.

Device: Kobo Aura HD, Mini; Kindle PW2
Quote:
A question to those who have gotten a shipping notice (pre or post delivery): are the shipping notifications coming from Kobo or the shipper (Canada Post or Fedex)? This seems to almost be as much a Canada Post issue as a Kobo issue (or maybe a Kobo getting the info from Canada Post properly) because it seems those with Fedex delivery get a proper notification and Canada Post don't. Just curious.
My experience was that Canada Post attempted delivery, the 17th. I received an email this morning, the 19th from Kobo, telling me, "Your order has shipped!"

The cover that I ordered was not shipped with it.

My shipment came from their usual distributor.

Last edited by tlaine; 09-19-2013 at 08:50 PM.
tlaine is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-19-2013, 09:40 PM   #126
TheBard
Bifocal Wearer
TheBard juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseTheBard juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseTheBard juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseTheBard juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseTheBard juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseTheBard juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseTheBard juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseTheBard juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseTheBard juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseTheBard juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseTheBard juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exercise

Device: Kobo Touch, Aura, Clara ...
In addition to (or, in lieu of) the other delivery problems, I wonder if this will affect Monday's delivery?

typhoon-usagi-threatens-taiwan-hong-kong
TheBard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013, 10:40 PM   #127
blueberry pie
blueberry pie began at the beginning.

Device: Aluratek Libre eBook Reader Pro
Quote:
Once it hits the U.S. you need to enter your tracking number in the USPS site to continue tracking from what others have said (i.e. you won't get further updates on the Canada Post website).
Thank you for this information. I entered that Canada Post tracking number into the USPS tracking and was surprised that my package was in the system. It left Toronto on Tuesday, arrived in Chicago Wednesday, went to a sorting facility in Elk Grove, IL the same day and there is no further information.

Strange that others in the US are receiving through Hong Kong (someone from CA as well as Virginia?). My order was placed 9/13, shipping to Massachusetts.
blueberry pie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013, 11:23 PM   #128
TheBard
Bifocal Wearer
TheBard juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseTheBard juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseTheBard juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseTheBard juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseTheBard juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseTheBard juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseTheBard juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseTheBard juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseTheBard juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseTheBard juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseTheBard juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exercise

Quote:
It left Toronto on Tuesday, arrived in Chicago Wednesday, went to a sorting facility in Elk Grove, IL
My order was placed 9/13, shipping to Massachusetts.
Wow! Your shipment had to go west to eventually go east!
Could USPS have thought that was the most direct route, or is Canada Post disallowed from crossing large bodies of water?

Click image for larger version

Name:	USPS Path.png
Views:	296
Size:	171.3 KB
ID:	111588
Old 09-20-2013, 02:47 AM   #129
bargainofoz
bargainofoz seems famous, but is in fact legendary.bargainofoz seems famous, but is in fact legendary.bargainofoz seems famous, but is in fact legendary.bargainofoz seems famous, but is in fact legendary.bargainofoz seems famous, but is in fact legendary.bargainofoz seems famous, but is in fact legendary.bargainofoz seems famous, but is in fact legendary.bargainofoz seems famous, but is in fact legendary.bargainofoz seems famous, but is in fact legendary.bargainofoz seems famous, but is in fact legendary.bargainofoz seems famous, but is in fact legendary.

Device: Kobo Aura
For other aussies out there, I just received my Kobo!

I didn't receive a shipping notice email and was even told it wasn't even shipped yet on the 18th Sept.
Given that the package came from HK, I find that hard to believe. I don't know what's up with Kobo's shipping system.
bargainofoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2013, 09:41 AM   #130
blueberry pie
blueberry pie began at the beginning.

Device: Aluratek Libre eBook Reader Pro
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBard View Post
Wow! Your shipment had to go west to eventually go east!
Could USPS have thought that was the most direct route, or is Canada Post disallowed from crossing large bodies of water?

Attachment 111588
I was perplexed as well. Makes me curious about international shipping in general. Thanks for the map. I actually had pulled up Google maps to view the seemingly roundabout route. One would think there'd be a NY facility to deal with the northeast via Toronto, if not regular direct international posting to Boston. Delivery service seems to be another world that may never be understood by we common folk.

I signed up for USPS email notifications and see that my package arrived just after midnight and was processed at a regional sort facility a few miles from here. Went to the USPS tracking page and saw that it arrived at my local PO just after 6a.m. I just might see that Aura today.

If not for all the disappointed reader in this Kobo forum, I would think that I was dealing with a pretty slick company. I will remain optimistic, but have circling worries about light pinpricks, firmware issues, and customer service responses that appear to be inadequate.
blueberry pie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2013, 10:09 AM   #131
CubeDweller
CubeDweller has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: Kobo Aura
Well that was fast! Ordered on 9/12/2013, shipped from Hong Kong yesterday

9/20/2013 - Friday 9:33 am
Delivered

ATLANTA, GA 8:05 am
On FedEx vehicle for delivery
MARIETTA, GA
7:36 am At local FedEx facility
MARIETTA, GA
5:26 am At destination sort facility

Thursday:
10:02 pm In transit
CHEK LAP KOK HK

7:59 pm Left FedEx origin facility
YUEN LONG HK

4:32 am Shipment information sent to FedEx

5:20 pmPicked up
YUEN LONG HK
CubeDweller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2013, 10:28 AM   #132
selina4books
Addict
selina4books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.selina4books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.selina4books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.selina4books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.selina4books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.selina4books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.selina4books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.selina4books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.selina4books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.selina4books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.selina4books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura, Mini, Glo, & Aura HD, KPW, Nook Glow, Nook HD
I just checked my tracking hoping it had left Hong Kong and would be here Monday and SURPRISE! It's on a Fedex truck out for delivery! Hurray! Well, once they finally decided to actually ship it it didn't take long.
selina4books is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2013, 10:56 AM   #133
DuskyRose
Guru
DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Mine was in Hong Kong last night, Just shipped. Around 3am it was in Tennessee, and it arrived just a few minutes ago in Virginia at 10:45am.

Wow. Fast. It wasn't expected until Monday!
Old 09-20-2013, 11:38 AM   #134
TheBard
Bifocal Wearer

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueberry pie View Post
I was perplexed as well. Makes me curious about international shipping in general. .
Mine was in HongKong on Thursday, and now UPS shows it as being in Memphis, TN. So, mine went too far east, and has to turn back to the west to get to Texas on Monday.
On the other hand, that sure is fast for "surface shipping"!

Re: defects
Will be interesting to see if recipients of this latest batch have similar complaints, or if the apparent QC problems have been solved. Hopefully more owners will check in here, or in the other Aura threads.
Old 09-20-2013, 12:04 PM   #135
DuskyRose
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBard View Post
Re: defects
Will be interesting to see if recipients of this latest batch have similar complaints, or if the apparent QC problems have been solved. Hopefully more owners will check in here, or in the other Aura threads.
I'm loading mine up now, but I did go in and out of a book and played with the light and the sleep cover.

So far mine looks perfect!