Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 08-10-2010, 01:02 AM   #1
Marcy
Guru
Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2
Help With Capital Letter Going Astray

I have some books of the "Species Imperative" series. In calibre for some reason the series is listed as "Species imperative." I have tried to change this several times.

If I change it individually for a book, as soon as I hit "OK" the series name is back with the lowercase "i". If I change the metadata for all the books at one time I can get a capital "I" but all the books are listed as #1 in the series. When I go to change the series number the lowercase is put back, even though I haven't entered the series name field.

This probably seems like a minor issue but my anal retentive self finds it seriously disturbing. Any help would be appreciated.

-Marcy
Marcy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2010, 02:37 AM   #2
speakingtohe
Wizard
speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony PRS-T1 and T3, Kobo Mini and Aura HD, Tablet
Been there done that
Usually editing in the Gui works for me either for names or just changing the series numbers
You can do it in the bulk metadata but it takes several steps and can be operator error prone
speakingtohe is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-10-2010, 05:20 AM   #3
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcy View Post
This probably seems like a minor issue but my anal retentive self finds it seriously disturbing. Any help would be appreciated.
After you have the series numbered the way you like it go to the tag browser, locate the series with the lower case letter, then right click on that series and rename it with a uppercase I. The series will change for all books and leave the numbers alone.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2010, 11:38 AM   #4
Marcy
Guru
Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2
Quote:
Originally Posted by dwanthny View Post
After you have the series numbered the way you like it go to the tag browser, locate the series with the lower case letter, then right click on that series and rename it with a uppercase I. The series will change for all books and leave the numbers alone.
Thank you! You are always a help. It's much appreciated.

-Marcy
Marcy is offline   Reply With Quote