Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > PocketBook

Notices

Old 01-24-2012, 10:58 AM   #1
pablogefaell
pablogefaell began at the beginning.

Device: Pocketbook IQ 701
My Firmware 2.1.2 recognized only as 2.0.0 ?

Dear all,
I have a brand new IQ 701 which has from factory the latest --I think-- firmware existing for it (that is: D701.2.1.2.2...).
But when I try to install any appk needing 2.1 or higher, it says that it is impossible to install because my device is running firmware 2.0.0 (?!).
Can anyone tell me why? And how I can fix the problem?
Thank you
Pablo
pablogefaell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2012, 12:03 PM   #2
pippopelo
Connoisseur
pippopelo will become famous soon enoughpippopelo will become famous soon enoughpippopelo will become famous soon enoughpippopelo will become famous soon enoughpippopelo will become famous soon enoughpippopelo will become famous soon enough

Device: Kindle Keyboard, Kindle 4th, Paperwhite 5th, Paperwhite 10th
The version 2.1.2 is not equivalent to Android 2.1.2, but the firmware is 2.0 eclair, if you would install an apk who require 2.1 you must root your device and edit build.prop
pippopelo is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-25-2012, 07:50 AM   #3
pablogefaell
pablogefaell began at the beginning.

Device: Pocketbook IQ 701
Quote:
Originally Posted by pippopelo View Post
The version 2.1.2 is not equivalent to Android 2.1.2, but the firmware is 2.0 eclair,
Thank you Pippo,
So, the Pocketbook IQ 701 has no possibility at all to access the Android Market? Neither now nor in the future? I thought this issue was going to be solved... What a pity!
Pablo
pablogefaell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2012, 08:46 AM   #4
fjtorres
Grand Sorcerer
fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: T100TA,PW2,PRS-T1,KT,FireHD 8.9,K2, PB360,BeBook One,Axim51v,TC1000
Quote:
Originally Posted by pablogefaell View Post
Thank you Pippo,
So, the Pocketbook IQ 701 has no possibility at all to access the Android Market? Neither now nor in the future? I thought this issue was going to be solved... What a pity!
Pablo
There are several ways into the android market but they all involve hacks.
If you're not comfortable with them, what remains is the alternate markets; Slideme, Amazon, etc. Or sites like FreewareLovers.

Plenty of options out there, really.
And the smarter app developers are the ones that *don't* limit themselves to Google's outlet.
fjtorres is offline   Reply With Quote