Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Devices

Notices

Old 10-16-2013, 06:00 PM   #1
Turtle91
A Hairy Wizard
Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 11/X/6/iPad 1,2,Air & Air Pro/Surface Pro/Kindle PW & Fire
Calibre shutting itself down?

Hey,
If there's a better sub-forum, please move me there.

I run Calibre on my media desktop so it can watch a folder (my dropbox folder) for new books. It then sucks those books up into the database and deletes the book from dropbox. I also have two instances of calibre server (non-GUI) running in the background on different ports to act as opds servers for two different "access levels" - different user/pass.

Everything works great - except.... The main (folder watching) Calibre tends to shut itself down regularly without any help from an actual person. I haven't been able to determine WHY it's shutting itself down, or how long between shutdowns.

Anyone have an idea how to stop it from shutting down? Could it be when it looks for updates??

Thanks!

Windows 8 64-bit, latest Calibre.
Turtle91 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2013, 05:02 PM   #2
aleyx
Addict
aleyx can self-interpret dreams as they happen.aleyx can self-interpret dreams as they happen.aleyx can self-interpret dreams as they happen.aleyx can self-interpret dreams as they happen.aleyx can self-interpret dreams as they happen.aleyx can self-interpret dreams as they happen.aleyx can self-interpret dreams as they happen.aleyx can self-interpret dreams as they happen.aleyx can self-interpret dreams as they happen.aleyx can self-interpret dreams as they happen.aleyx can self-interpret dreams as they happen.

Device: Cybook Diva
If you start calibre from a command line window, does it leave a trace when it closes by itself?
aleyx is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-17-2013, 10:40 PM   #3
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
You should run calibre in debug mode. Either as calibre-debug -g from a command prompt or by right clicking the preferences button. The debug log may contain some clues.
kovidgoyal is online now   Reply With Quote