Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Writers' Corner

Notices

Old 04-04-2011, 02:00 PM   #1006
Vandy
...always be humble.
Vandy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Vandy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Vandy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Vandy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Vandy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Vandy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Vandy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Vandy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Vandy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Vandy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Vandy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 5s, iPod Touch 3rd Gen, Kindle 3 WiFi, Kindle Fire
I'm still around...

Hello, All.

I can't believe it is has been since 4 January 2011 since I've posted in this thread. When you don't keep up, you sure do get behind...

@Geoff Your post of 1-16-2011
Quite interesting and certainly entertaining. you've got a nice touch with your word images. I especially like your repeating line - "Outside the shadows...". It's certainly a 'grabber".

Very well written.

Your post of 2-11- 2011
Bravo! Bravo! You have managed to capture the absolute essence of loving toil. Great word pictures as well as great coupling. This piece reads very well and flows along taking the reader with it.

Thank you for sharing this jewel.

@Caleb LOVE ME LIKE A TORTURE RACK
Before I even read this, I knew I was going to like from just the title!

Old or not, it certainly is well written. I had a bit of a problem with the "flow" but did try your suggestion of rreading it like two sentences. That helped.

You certainly have been successful with your word images -- they put the reader right in the middle of the storm that's raging.

Great work!

The Journey
After reading this, I ACHED for you and the knife-sharp message your poem conveyed. What wonderfully beautiful word imagery you've used in this piece. I'm quite taken with it.

Beautiful work.

By the way, Caleb, poetry is like music -- it is timeless and never forgotten.

WELCOME
I've got to say, I didn't see that ending coming...

I've never hear love expressed quite that way. Interesting...

@Kenny Winter
Hmmm... Do I take the literal path or retreat into philosophical thoughtfulness? Either way, this piece spoke to me on so many levels.

Kenny, this is very well written and in a rhythm that forces the reader to slow down and not just read but contemplate on what is being read.

Thank you for sharing this beautiful work.

That Big Ol' Potato Chip in the Sky
A very cute little ditty. I really like your descriptiveness. A liight and deliciously entertaining read!

Thanks so much, all of you, for sharing your work and allowing us a bit more of a glimpse "inside".

I look forward to reading more. I'll start posting again pretty soon, as well.

Have a great day!

Regards,

Last edited by Vandy; 04-04-2011 at 02:03 PM.
Vandy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2011, 02:19 PM   #1007
kennyc
The Dank Side of the Moon
kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle2; Kindle Fire
Thanks Vandy!
kennyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-05-2011, 05:34 AM   #1008
GeoffC
Chocolate Grasshopper ...
GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Muse HD , Cybook Gen3 , Pocketbook 302 (Black) , Nexus 10: wife has PW
Vandy... many thanks for your kind comments ....
GeoffC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2011, 05:48 AM   #1009
kennyc
kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Girls

Barbi Bambi Bella
Blonde Brunette Black
What does it mean
when they don't come back?

Kenny A. Chaffin - 4/7/2011
Old 04-07-2011, 05:56 AM   #1010
GeoffC
GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kennyc View Post

Girls

Barbi Bambi Bella
Blonde Brunette Black
What does it mean
when they don't come back?

Kenny A. Chaffin - 4/7/2011
Advert
Old 04-07-2011, 06:06 AM   #1011
GeoffC

Nice one Kenny .... and to keep the momentum going ....

Memories of winter

with a crisp and a crunch
each step is made
sinking in with a crackle-crash
followed at once by a shush
boot squashes
to an icy print
then lifts with a dash of white
ridden high to back of boot
the next then follows
until a line to snake its way
across the icy desert
points the way back home….

7 April 2011
Old 04-07-2011, 06:16 AM   #1012
kennyc

Very nice Geoff. Full of sound and images!
Old 04-07-2011, 10:45 AM   #1013
GeoffC

Quote:
Very nice Geoff. Full of sound and images!
I forgot the bits of snow that fall into yer boots, and the frozen toes ....

Thanks Kenny ...
Old 04-07-2011, 01:22 PM   #1014
Vandy
...always be humble.
Vandy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Vandy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Vandy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Vandy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Vandy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Vandy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Vandy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Vandy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Vandy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Vandy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Vandy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 5s, iPod Touch 3rd Gen, Kindle 3 WiFi, Kindle Fire
Comments...

@ Kenny Girls

I read it the first time and thought, "Huh? What's this!?!?"

I read it the second time and thought, "Why wouldn't they come back?"

I read it the third time and am now hopelessly locked in a philosophical debate with myself...

Interesting, Kenny, interesting...

@ Geoff Memories of Winter

You really have a great way with words and word images, Geoff. This is really a very good piece. I especially like your "icy desert" image.

Great work!

Regards,
Vandy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2011, 03:20 PM   #1015
kennyc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vandy View Post
@ Kenny Girls

I read it the first time and thought, "Huh? What's this!?!?"

I read it the second time and thought, "Why wouldn't they come back?"

I read it the third time and am now hopelessly locked in a philosophical debate with myself...

Interesting, Kenny, interesting...

Old 04-08-2011, 09:19 AM   #1016
caleb72
Indie Advocate
caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Wow Vandy, thanks for your comments. It's been a long time since I've actually written new poetry. My angsty youth was such a hotbed of inspiration.

I would post lyrics to songs, but they don't have the same effect if read. You really need to hear them with the movement of music for them to make sense.

Regards
Caleb
caleb72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2011, 09:24 AM   #1017
caleb72
Indie Advocate
caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
(In honor of National Poetry Month that starts today!)

That Big Ol’ Potato Chip in the Sky

Now some may not believe
in the potato chip in the sky
but I, I see it rise every morning
and set over the sea every night.

Its supreme thinness
its salty savory taste raining
down upon our wet heads

In the evening as I drift off to sleep
I’m soothed by the thought of
His yumminess filling my tummy,
I’m warm and happy inside.

Kenny A. Chaffin - 4/1/2011
This is great, but I would change one thing to make it read better (to me).

"His yumminess filling my tumminess"

That really works for me.

Regards
Caleb
Old 04-08-2011, 09:31 AM   #1018
caleb72
Indie Advocate

A really small one that I wrote as a gift on my first anniversary. It's timely as tomorrow is my sixth anniversary.

It's untitled.

I like the rain,
It feels gravity too,
It falls to the earth
As I fall into you,
One drop at a time.

See me let go,
I fly like an eagle,
The higher I soar
Is the longer I'm with you,
One day at a time.

Regards
Caleb
Old 04-08-2011, 11:22 AM   #1019
kennyc

Quote:
Originally Posted by caleb72 View Post
This is great, but I would change one thing to make it read better (to me).

"His yumminess filling my tumminess"

That really works for me.

Regards
Caleb
Thanks Caleb.
Old 04-10-2011, 04:39 AM   #1020
GeoffC

Quote:
Originally Posted by caleb72 View Post
A really small one that I wrote as a gift on my first anniversary. It's timely as tomorrow is my sixth anniversary.

It's untitled.

I like the rain,
It feels gravity too,
It falls to the earth
As I fall into you,
One drop at a time.

See me let go,
I fly like an eagle,
The higher I soar
Is the longer I'm with you,
One day at a time.

Regards