Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > iRex

Notices

Old 03-05-2008, 04:55 PM   #1
Brelywi
Brelywi began at the beginning.

Device: iRex iLiad
BSOD???

I've just gotten my iLiad, and I seem to be having a whole plethora of problems.
First of all, I'm not able to get my wireless router to work with it, though I'm planning to try to fix this according to one of the posts here in this forum (setting the wait time to 10 seconds).
Before I can do that, however, I need to download the developer package. Now, it could just be my computer (though I don't see how) but it seems that, right now, the iRex site is down. I can't bring up the site at all, so therefore I can't download the developer package.
So I decided I'd just wait to see if the site will come back up, and in the meantime, read some books on my iLiad.
Which brings me to the major problem, the one I need help with. I hooked my iLiad up to my computer via USB. A little background info: I'm running Vista, I haven't installed the companion software (due to iRex's site being down), and I have a 8MB Transcend CF card in my iLiad. Now, I can access this directory through My Computer, and I can see what's in the folders (books, documents, newspapers, notes) but whenever I try to alter the contents in any way (adding files, creating new folders, etc.) I get the blue screen of death and my computer crashes. Is there anyone who can help me with this?

*edit* I just checked a few seconds after posting this, and the iRex site seems to be back up, so I'll try downloading the companion software.

*Edit #2* It seems that the companion software won't let me transfer files either... What to do?

Last edited by Brelywi; 03-05-2008 at 05:07 PM.
Brelywi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2008, 05:08 PM   #2
wallcraft
reader
wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Kobo Glo HD
See Windows Vista. The hotfix from post #6 might help. Note that most tasks don't require the companion software.
wallcraft is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-06-2008, 07:17 PM   #3
Brelywi
Brelywi began at the beginning.

Device: iRex iLiad
My computer wouldn't install the hotfix suggested by that site, but I've rectified the problem by simply taking my CF card out and using a card reader to add content. Thank you, though.
Brelywi is offline   Reply With Quote