Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Ectaco jetBook

Notices

Old 11-01-2012, 07:05 PM   #1
Robbie447
Rocket Robin
Robbie447 began at the beginning.

Device: Aluratek Libre Pro
Unhappy Aluratek Libre Pro File Limitations

I have an Aluratek Libre Pro, pretty much the same thing as the Ectaco jetbook other than the display front end. Usually I work with smaller numbers of books, a few hundred at a time at most, but I was making up an 8gig card that I wanted to put a much larger collection on for occasional use - I'd just copy over to main memory the ones I want most of the time. The card worked fine and the root folders all showed up with easy access to the smaller ones but one folder I had listed folders for 2001 authors and it looks like the Aluratek (Linux?) file system crashes on that many. Does anyone know what the upper limit is for the number of folders or files in a single folder on these ?
Robbie447 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 02:15 AM   #2
Ken Maltby
Wizard
Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Note2, AuraHD, PDA,
The Aluratek Libre Pro and the Ectaco jetBook are the same hardware, including the
display.

The file system that is being used is FAT, and you should use FAT32 on your SD card.
(I also format the internal memory to FAT32 from the FAT16 that it has from the factory.)

You can find the limitations for the various FAT file structures in the online descriptions.

Luck;
Ken

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/l.../cc940351.aspx

P.S. For these particular devices you also want to have no more than three levels to
your file structure. So if you had a "Mysteries" folder in the root that had folders for
each of your 2001 authors, and then had series sub-folders under the author folders
you could be having problems because of that.

Last edited by Ken Maltby; 11-02-2012 at 01:18 PM.
Ken Maltby is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-03-2012, 02:02 AM   #3
Robbie447
Rocket Robin
Robbie447 began at the beginning.

Device: Aluratek Libre Pro
Thanks Ken for your quick reply. I remember from previous questions how fast you were to help out..

I have since decided that it wasn't a good plan to have too many sub-folders in one folder anyways since it would take too long to work through it so I split the big folder up into 10 smaller ones. That appeared to solve the main problem of it not reading the folder at all but I didn't get too deep into it, just assumed it would be okay, and then I read your comment..

"P.S. For these particular devices you also want to have no more than three levels to
your file structure. So if you had a "Mysteries" folder in the root that had folders for
each of your 2001 authors, and then had series sub-folders under the author folders
you could be having problems because of that."

This may present a future problem as I know I have at least 4 levels in some folders.

Thanks for the tips in any case..

Rob
Robbie447 is offline   Reply With Quote