Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices > enTourage eDGe

Notices

Old 07-12-2011, 05:36 PM   #1
Deepdiver
Deepdiver began at the beginning.

Device: Pocket Edge and Nook
Unhappy Can't get new PE recognized by PC via USB

I am a real newby, so please be gentle.

I have just received the Woot PE and I am trying to load Epub books from the public library to the Adobe reader app so I can read on the Eink side of PE. I can download the books directly from the library to the tablet side, but because of the DRM I can't open on the E ink side unless I load from my PC.

When I connect the USB to the pc it sees a new device (Android) but then asks for the software (driver) which I do not have. Therefore, the PC does not allow me to "see" the PE in the Adobe Library so I can drag and drop to the PE. It works so simple for the nook but I am at a loss trying to figure it out for the PE. Any ideas??
Deepdiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2011, 06:46 PM   #2
ivanjt
Guru
ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle dx; eDGe
Did you turn on the USB connection on your PE? If you don't turn it on then the computer can't see it. I assume this is covered in the manual for the PE as it is in the EE manual.
ivanjt is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-12-2011, 08:08 PM   #3
Filark
Armed with a smile :)
Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: enTourage eDGe & Pocket eDGe, Samsung Galaxy Note II
Welcome, Deepdiver!

As Ivan says, you have to "mount" the PE after the USB is attached. You also have to "unmount" when you're done. Once that happens you should see your PE in Adobe Digital Editions probably exactly as you would your Nook.

Don't worry about your PC asking for a driver -- I just ignore that message and go about my business!

Good luck! Let us know if this doesn't work, or if it does!!
Filark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2011, 11:18 PM   #4
Kyser_Soze
Kyser_Soze began at the beginning.

Device: PE
I just got 1 from Woot also. The first time I connected via USB, Win 7 showed it was loading drivers but when done, it seemed like there was no connection. Today I tried again and there was a pop-up on the PE asking if I wanted to connect to press a button, then a warning about the storage would not be available for any apps and the PE showed up on my PC as an external drive. Easy!

The main storage shows up but the 16GB micro SD does not show up.

Last edited by Kyser_Soze; 07-12-2011 at 11:26 PM.
Kyser_Soze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2011, 03:21 AM   #5
Deepdiver

Ok, how do I mount it? I have connected the USB and then booted up the PE, and I have had some limited success in "seeing" it in the PC (in Adobe Digital Editions) but still can't seem to get it to fully recognize it. The PE has the USB indicator in the top left corner, but when I go to settings to look at trying to mount/unmount in Device Storage, the USBO section says unavailable and is unresponsive.

I know I must be missing something simple, but I am still trying to figure it out. Any further help would be appreciated.
Advert
Old 07-13-2011, 04:05 AM   #6
Deepdiver

Success! Just figured out how to mount it and it worked like a charm. Thanks for the help.

Tags
pocket edge