Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 09-24-2010, 02:43 PM   #1
fafaforza
Zealot
fafaforza is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.fafaforza is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.fafaforza is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.fafaforza is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.fafaforza is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.fafaforza is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.fafaforza is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.fafaforza is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.fafaforza is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.fafaforza is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.fafaforza is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.

Device: Aura ONE
505 to 650: page turns

Thinking of upgrading to the 650, but I usually hold the reader with the right hand, using the buttons on the right to flip pages. I sometimes use the round control on the bottom left.

Has anyone had trouble adjusting to the lack of buttons on the 650? I usually read on the subway, standing up, and don't want to be using both hands to flip pages, so I'm curious how it differs than the 505. To use the page buttons below the screen, one would have to hold the reader from the bottom, making it top heavy, and less balanced I'd imagine.

Can one flip a page with the right thumb while holding the reader with the right hand only?
fafaforza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2010, 03:10 PM   #2
megar
megar began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-650
Yes, absolutely. The device is light, you can use the thumb of the hand you're using to handle it to turn the pages.
megar is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-24-2010, 03:17 PM   #3
Sweetpea
Grand Sorcerer
Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Inkpad 4 Color; Samsung Galaxy Tab S6
When I hold it in one hand, I hold my pinkie next to my thumb and the rest of the fingers behind the device. And my thumb resting on the "next page" button. It rests there comfortably (I don't have large hands, btw).

When I hold it by the right bezel, I use the "swipe" motion to go to the next page, which also works (though I prefer the buttons).
Sweetpea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2010, 03:46 PM   #4
ShellShock
Wizard
ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: IPad Mini 2 Retina
It is not all roses. I'm still trying to find the most comfortable and consistent method of page turning. I would use the buttons, but the case gets in the way. Swiping is a bit hit and miss. Ideally I would like to hack the firmware so I can use one of the buttons on the right (zoom or options) to page next with my right hand.
ShellShock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2010, 04:35 PM   #5
AlbertaCowboy
Guru
AlbertaCowboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlbertaCowboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlbertaCowboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlbertaCowboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlbertaCowboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlbertaCowboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlbertaCowboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlbertaCowboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlbertaCowboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlbertaCowboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlbertaCowboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-350, PRS-650, iPhone 6, NVIDIA Shield K1
I don't like to use the swipe function, because my damn fingers are too big, and I usually end up highlighting a word or bringing up the dictionary function. With the new cases however, I find myself folding the flap over and holding it in my left hand, thumbing the buttons for page turn, something I never did with my 505.
AlbertaCowboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert