Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old 08-04-2009, 09:30 PM   #1
lilac_jive
Grand Sorcerer
lilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud of

Device: PRS-505
SONY BESTSELLERS NOW $9.99!

Just as was reported earlier today, Sony has already enacted their new $9.99 price point to match Amazon. I just checked the main page and all but the top bestsellers are $9.99. The #1 is $8.09 (Tom Clancy book).

Yippee!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Now I can spend more on books!
lilac_jive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2009, 11:01 PM   #2
Alisa
Gadget Geek
Alisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongue

Device: Paperwhite, Kindle 3 (retired), Skindle 1.2 (retired)
Yay competition! Between this and their new reader options, they're really pouring it on. Good for them!
Alisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2009, 11:06 PM   #3
Ervserver
Wizard
Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Simple Touch
good news indeed
Ervserver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2009, 11:15 PM   #4
komugi
Zealot
komugi has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.komugi has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.komugi has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Surface Pro 3, HTC 10, Kobo Aura H2O
Now time for people to crack lrx so we can free it
komugi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2009, 05:17 AM   #5
doreenjoy
01000100 01001010
doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Polyamorous
LRX has never given me any trouble, actually. I've been able to put the books I've bought on all the Sony devices I've wanted.

Don't get me started on Adobe DRM, tho...

Last edited by doreenjoy; 08-05-2009 at 09:12 PM.
doreenjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2009, 08:05 AM   #6
lilac_jive
Grand Sorcerer
lilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by doreenjoy View Post
LRX has never given me any trouble, actually. I've been able to put the books I've bought on all the devices I've wanted.

Really?
Old 08-05-2009, 09:17 AM   #7
columbus
Wizard
columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Prs 650, 505
Quote:
LRX has never given me any trouble, actually. I've been able to put the books I've bought on all the devices I've wanted.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilac_jive View Post
Really?
How?
columbus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2009, 09:35 AM   #8
Abecedary
Exwyzeeologist
Abecedary could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Abecedary could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Abecedary could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Abecedary could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Abecedary could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Abecedary could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Abecedary could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Abecedary could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Abecedary could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Abecedary could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Abecedary could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.

Device: :PRS-505::iPod touch:
While I applaud their effort, I still will only buy a book in LRX if I can't find it in ePub for a comparable price somewhere else. This is mainly because I can't stand the fake italic type that's used. If they'd just give us a firmware update that included a true italic typeface, I'd buy just about everything from the Sony store.
Abecedary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2009, 01:57 PM   #9
Alisa
Gadget Geek
Alisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongue

Device: Paperwhite, Kindle 3 (retired), Skindle 1.2 (retired)
Quote:

I dislike their software but at least the DRM can be removed.
Alisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2009, 08:39 PM   #10
wallflower75
Groupie
wallflower75 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallflower75 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallflower75 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallflower75 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallflower75 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallflower75 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallflower75 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallflower75 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallflower75 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallflower75 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallflower75 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage/iPhone 6 Plus/iPad mini
Quote:

Seriously?? I'd love to know how you do that, because I only buy LRX from the Sony store as a last resort. I have yet to find a way to crack the DRM on those files.
wallflower75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2009, 09:14 PM   #11
doreenjoy
01000100 01001010
doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wallflower75 View Post
Seriously?? I'd love to know how you do that, because I only buy LRX from the Sony store as a last resort. I have yet to find a way to crack the DRM on those files.
Sorry, gang, my first post was misleading. I'm in the middle of a tax situation and am not thinking clearly (probably not a good day to be dealing with the taxes!).

I've never had trouble putting LRX on all the *Sony* devices I've wanted to put them on. I authorize the device and it just works.

Adobe DRM has given me no end of problems, even when the devices are authorized.
Old 08-05-2009, 09:35 PM   #12
lilac_jive
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Sorry, gang, my first post was misleading. I'm in the middle of a tax situation and am not thinking clearly (probably not a good day to be dealing with the taxes!).

I've never had trouble putting LRX on all the *Sony* devices I've wanted to put them on. I authorize the device and it just works.

Adobe DRM has given me no end of problems, even when the devices are authorized.
LOL, here I am thinking you secretly cracked LRX!
Old 08-05-2009, 09:40 PM   #13
doreenjoy
01000100 01001010

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilac_jive View Post
LOL, here I am thinking you secretly cracked LRX!
In my wildest dreams!
Old 08-05-2009, 10:12 PM   #14
carlobee
Fanatic
carlobee has learned how to read e-bookscarlobee has learned how to read e-bookscarlobee has learned how to read e-bookscarlobee has learned how to read e-bookscarlobee has learned how to read e-bookscarlobee has learned how to read e-bookscarlobee has learned how to read e-bookscarlobee has learned how to read e-books

Device: The new iPad
very good news! let's spread the love of reading!!

carlobee is offline   Reply With Quote