Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 09-28-2013, 12:30 PM   #676
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwidude View Post
Changes in this release:
  • Fix for the "Check and rename book paths" function with changes to calibre in 1.x.

Thanks to Kovid for the steer and those of you with the patience from reporting this until I had the chance to replicate/fix it...
Thanks.
It now runs (and fixed lots of problems)
It did crash when it ran into Windows filename issues caused by using Linux on the same library (2 case name versions of the epub in the folder. I have a log if you are interested)
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2013, 04:17 PM   #677
kiwidude
Calibre Plugins Developer
kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis
@theducks - well I hope it fixed them correctly, lol. It is a function that should only ever need to be run on your library once - well unless Kovid keeps tweaking the allowable filename characters.

As for Windows/Linux same library issues, care factor too low on that I'm afraid . IIRC calibre is not supported to run in that shared configuration for precisely the reason of potential path/casing issues. Regardless of that, so long as the function above works properly for Windows users that is good enough for me
kiwidude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2013, 05:12 PM   #678
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
@theducks - well I hope it fixed them correctly, lol. It is a function that should only ever need to be run on your library once - well unless Kovid keeps tweaking the allowable filename characters.

As for Windows/Linux same library issues, care factor too low on that I'm afraid . IIRC calibre is not supported to run in that shared configuration for precisely the reason of potential path/casing issues. Regardless of that, so long as the function above works properly for Windows users that is good enough for me
The fixes were good.

Windows (7) explorer allowed removal of the case-only difference (You could not see/do this in XP), at which, re-running the FIX proceeded further until finally JOY!
Old 09-29-2013, 12:12 AM   #679
Koboyashi
Zealot
Koboyashi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Koboyashi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Koboyashi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Koboyashi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Koboyashi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Koboyashi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Koboyashi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Koboyashi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Koboyashi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Koboyashi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Koboyashi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo
Re: v1.9.8 Released

Yes ! All functions work perfectly now.
Koboyashi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2013, 01:12 PM   #680
shyguy
shyguy began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 4 nT
Quote:
Changes in this release:
  • Fix for the "Check and rename book paths" function with changes to calibre in 1.x.

Thanks to Kovid for the steer and those of you with the patience from reporting this until I had the chance to replicate/fix it...
Thx.. Works for me..
shyguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2013, 07:57 PM   #681
At_Libitum
Addict
At_Libitum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.At_Libitum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.At_Libitum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.At_Libitum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.At_Libitum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.At_Libitum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.At_Libitum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.At_Libitum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.At_Libitum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.At_Libitum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.At_Libitum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KyBook
Question:

Any specific reason why some functions do not produce a dialog with "See log for details"?

e.g. Check Calibre bookmark files, Check missing Jackets, Check non-dc:metadata
At_Libitum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2013, 08:50 PM   #682
theducks
Well trained by Cats

Quote:
Originally Posted by At_Libitum View Post
Question:

Any specific reason why some functions do not produce a dialog with "See log for details"?

e.g. Check Calibre bookmark files, Check missing Jackets, Check non-dc:metadata
I would guess that the results is self explanatory., The highlighted book has no cover...

Whereas checking for something within the book (eg fonts, broken links) needs additional, refining details of which part of the book is foobar.

BTW when I get basic results, I Select ALL and add a tag (I have a user tag field that does not get included with basic metadata) saying what is wrong
Old 10-08-2013, 09:00 PM   #683
At_Libitum
Addict
At_Libitum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.At_Libitum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.At_Libitum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.At_Libitum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.At_Libitum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.At_Libitum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.At_Libitum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.At_Libitum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.At_Libitum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.At_Libitum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.At_Libitum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

But these are structural checks? so within the book?

e.g. Check iTunes files (gives a log) vs Check Calibre Bookmark files (no log)

hmm...that forces me to do the same thing in different ways.. guess that means customizing...thanks, seems I've got my work cut out for me.

e.g. with the non-dc:metadata I would have gladly had a log instead with what it found incorrect since the highlight is non-permanent and all it tells me is that that book has "some" kind of weirdness in the metadata but not what.

Last edited by At_Libitum; 10-08-2013 at 09:05 PM.
Old 10-08-2013, 10:11 PM   #684
theducks
Well trained by Cats

A bookmark file is (always) a single file. Do you need it named for you

I tunes: Ya got me there? Isn't that also a single file ( just say "I Won't" )

You are right: non-dc metadata should log: it may only be included in 1 section, just like @font, adobe cruft, mso garbage
Old 10-08-2013, 11:09 PM   #685
At_Libitum
Addict

[GUI Plugin] Quality Check

Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
A bookmark file is (always) a single file. Do you need it named for you
nah it's more to know which books, Or maybe I need to change the workflow. If it weren't a new setup it would not be an issue, but if you're transferring a little over 1500 books into Calibre then doing all checks first before starting the factual cleanup seemed more logical than doing one check, correct where needed, loop back, next check etc,
Old 10-14-2013, 01:30 AM   #686
MelBr
Zealot
MelBr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MelBr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MelBr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MelBr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MelBr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MelBr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MelBr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MelBr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MelBr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MelBr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MelBr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Pro, Kobo Aura One
I have a small bug to report and a question about features/usability.

Small bug: after you modify your preferences, Search Scope is reverted to Library if you've previously set it to Selection.

Feature/usability request: While Quality Check is simply awesome and a true Swiss-army knife for epbus, I wish there was an easy way to use it. Currently, I have to navigate through submenus to find features and have to pick a feature, wait, fix with Tweak, re-assemble and repeat.

Why isn't there an "Analyze epub" feature that will check all the issues or the user-determined subset of features to check? The default, once you click on the QC button, should be something like that. That way, QC would be easy to use and would be 100x easier and faster to use.

Ultimate wish list: once "Analyze" is finished, it shows you a screen with problems for each epub and asks you if you want to fix them… "Would you like to remove Thumbs.db/unused-file X?" etc.

In any case, once can only dream
MelBr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013, 03:25 PM   #687
kiwidude
Calibre Plugins Developer
kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis
@MelBr - thanks for reporting that bug, given it is fairly minor it can wait until I next work on this plugin.

As for the Analyze - it is a feature which has been mentioned a few times in this thread along with my response. The short answer is it is an awful lot of work, and there is a lot of complexity involved and much navel contemplation about UI decisions for it. What checks a user could run must be completely configurable (because so many checks are mutually exclusive - one person's must have is another person's nightmare etc). More importantly the results would have to be presented in a modeless window allowing the user to slice and dice them up displaying the relevant books in the library in order to do the "fixes".

It is many, many hours if not several days worth of development and testing, which frankly I don't have the time to do nor the motivation to be honest, since it does what I need it to currently. If someone else wants to volunteer to take it on and send me the new version to test/release the source code is of course right there in the zip...
kiwidude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2013, 04:56 AM   #688
anthony.burton4
Connoisseur
anthony.burton4 began at the beginning.

Device: iPhone
Firstly can I say what a marvellous addition this is to Calibre - Such a timesaver!

Question:
When I run the "Check Calibre Conversion" check - it presumably runs a number of checks on the books, one of which is checking for a calibre cover.
Is there anyway to disable the cover check part - so that if the only change is to add a cover in calibre, the book is not flagged?

Many Thanks
Tony
anthony.burton4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2013, 12:03 PM   #689
naval
naval began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS T2
I have a small number of epubs that i cannot open. I get the error message "Invalid ZIP file, local header is damaged".

I tried to run the Quality Check plugin, I tried all the options, but the corrupted epubs were all reported as fine.

Can I even use this plugin to check for corrupt headers in files or un-openable files in general? What options would I have to choose to do so? And if not, can you point me in the right direction?

Thanks for the help as well as for the plugin. I use it regularly and it helps a lot!
naval is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2013, 12:48 PM   #690
rlh3
Connoisseur
rlh3 began at the beginning.

Device: iPad
Series Gaps function request

First, thanks to KiwiDude for an awesome plugin. I use it regularly.

Now, a question. In the series gaps function, is it possible to add an option to suppress series that do not have gaps in the report? I ask because I am trying to rationalize a 16000 volume library, and the gaps report is 37 pages long! If I could set the report to only show the series that are missing books, it would simplify the process a lot.

[Edited to add this]
Also, is the sort on the report case sensitive? If so, would it be possible to either remove the case sensitive part, or make in an option? It is quite annoying to find a series that should be in the 'A's at the very end of the list.

Thanks

Last edited by rlh3; 11-26-2013 at 02:20 PM.
rlh3 is offline   Reply With Quote