Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > General Discussions

Notices

View Poll Results: What kind of eBook reader do you have?
Kindle 63 20.26%
Nook 29 9.32%
Kobo 10 3.22%
Aluratek Libre 7 2.25%
A sony 155 49.84%
A different type 121 38.91%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 311. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-22-2010, 08:28 PM   #46
Mosherix
Enthusiast
Mosherix doesn't litterMosherix doesn't litter

Device: iPod Touch, iPad, PRS 300
I just got an iPad and a Sony pocket. I still don't know which one I will be using the most.
Mosherix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2010, 04:03 AM   #47
neilmarr
neilmarr
neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony
Interesting to see Sony so far ahead of Kindle. Bearing in mind that many folks join MR with a problem to be fixed, though, it's hard to tell if this reflects satisfaction or frustration. I've been entirely happy with my Sony since I joined MR over a year ago, never a glitch. Must confess, though, that I first came here to find a fix for teething troubles. Cheers. Neil
neilmarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-23-2010, 06:44 AM   #48
Teddman
Addict
Teddman will become famous soon enoughTeddman will become famous soon enoughTeddman will become famous soon enoughTeddman will become famous soon enoughTeddman will become famous soon enoughTeddman will become famous soon enough

Device: Sony PRS-505
Sony's been around the longest, Sony has the most models of any manufacturer. That's the story of the poll...

That said, I sure do love my 505.
Teddman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2010, 10:03 AM   #49
clayw1pi
Enthusiast
clayw1pi is on a distinguished road

Device: Kindle For PC
I now have a Sony PRC-300 and the wife has a Kindle 2. The Sony was a good deal on Amazon at $149. So far I am very pleased with it.
clayw1pi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2010, 03:54 PM   #50
artof
artof began at the beginning.

Device: bebook neo
bebook

You no not seem to have Bebook on the list of choices, anyway will thus inform that I am the happy owner of a Bebook Neo.
- artof
artof is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-23-2010, 04:07 PM   #51
FlorenceArt
High Priestess
FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Pro 9.7, iPhone 6 Plus
Cybook Opus (to replace my Cybook Gen3)
FlorenceArt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2010, 01:11 AM   #52
Roy Hinkley
Roy Hinkley began at the beginning.

Device: none
Hmmm, a lot more readers out there than I had thought. Is there a way for me to go back and update the poll questions to include the other brands? Many thanks for your mentioning of the various brands you have.
Roy Hinkley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2010, 01:34 AM   #53
GA Russell
Montreal wins Grey Cup!
GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite, Kindles 10 & 4 and jetBook Lite
Ectaco jetBook Lite
Astak EZ Reader
GA Russell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2010, 02:08 AM   #54
MinaVE
MinaVE began at the beginning.

Device: Palm TX
Count me as one of those "different type" people. I'm still using my Palm TX primarily for ebook reading, although I now have a netbook that's the size of a trade paperback and it's got the Kindle for PC installed on it.
MinaVE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2010, 03:49 AM   #55
neilmarr
neilmarr
neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony
***Sony's been around the longest, Sony has the most models of any manufacturer. That's the story of the poll...***

That makes perfect sense, Ted. Cheers. Neil
neilmarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2010, 04:15 AM   #56
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roy Hinkley View Post
I had a Kindle and returned it and am looking for a different one. I'm curious to know what everyone has.
All current eInk readers have the same, fragile, glass-substrate, screen.
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2010, 04:43 AM   #57
FlorenceArt
High Priestess
FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Pro 9.7, iPhone 6 Plus
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teddman View Post
Sony's been around the longest, Sony has the most models of any manufacturer. That's the story of the poll...
I'm sure you're right, but still I'm surprised there is such a big difference between Sony and Kindle. I wonder if this also true in the world at large?

Another factor may be that Sony is available in more countries. We hear a lot about the Kindle from the U.S., but it's useless in any non-English speaking country. Sony has a larger geographical base, I think.
FlorenceArt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2010, 04:56 AM   #58
Latinandgreek
Warrior Princess
Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505; PRS-350, PRS-T1, iPad, Aura HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by neilmarr View Post
***Sony's been around the longest, Sony has the most models of any manufacturer. That's the story of the poll...***

That makes perfect sense, Ted. Cheers. Neil
It does make perfect sense, actually. I had forgotten about that. I love my PRS-505 as well. My hubby's had his eye on it, but he'll have to pry it out of my cold, dead hands. I'm really going to have to get him his own reader.

Last edited by Latinandgreek; 05-24-2010 at 05:01 AM.
Latinandgreek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2010, 11:05 AM   #59
cfrizz
Wizard
cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung 54A, Kobo Libra H2O, Samsung S6 Lite
Until Amazon came out with the Kindle, I had never heard of ereaders. So Sony may have had them first, but it was Amazon who put them on the map.
cfrizz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2010, 03:13 PM   #60
Latinandgreek
Warrior Princess
Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505; PRS-350, PRS-T1, iPad, Aura HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by cfrizz View Post
Until Amazon came out with the Kindle, I had never heard of ereaders. So Sony may have had them first, but it was Amazon who put them on the map.
I had heard about the Sony Librie before the Kindle came out (and thinking that I'd love to own one), but I wasn't able to get my hands on one. I believe that they were only sold in Japan. When I finally did get a Sony reader (the 505), lots of random strangers seeing me read on the bus would ask if I was reading from an Amazon Kindle.
Latinandgreek is offline   Reply With Quote