Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old 01-20-2010, 11:18 AM   #1
Nate the great
Sir Penguin of Edinburgh
Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Shake a stick plus 1
Entourage Edge will come with Docs2Go

from the press release:
Quote:
MCLEAN, Va.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--enTourage Systems, Inc.™, creator of the world’s first dualbook™ – the enTourage eDGe™ – announced today that the Documents To Go® software from DataViz is now available on all enTourage eDGe units. This partnership with DataViz, a leading provider of mobile office compatibility solutions, further evolves the multi-functional enTourage eDGe into a comprehensive solution for reading, note taking, Web surfing and working from anywhere.
On a related note, you can now have the Entourage Edge shipped to Canada. Also, all pre-orders have been sold out and the second set of deliveries will be in March.

I'm glad they did this. Most users would have needed type of office software anyway. I'd say it about doubles the number of possible uses for the Edge.

Last edited by Nate the great; 01-20-2010 at 11:23 AM.
Nate the great is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2010, 11:31 AM   #2
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
This device is getting better and better and ticking more of my boxes and moving up my list of a large format reader for technical and work books and documents. All the productivity stuff is just icing on the cake.

BOb
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-20-2010, 01:41 PM   #3
KenK
KenK began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle I, iRex DR1000S
Very neat. I'm glad I pre-ordered mine early.

I wish they (or MS) would add support for OneNote though. That really is the killer app for mobile computing, and I don't understand why it hasn't been expanded to mobile platforms.
KenK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2010, 01:47 PM   #4
phenomshel
ZCD BombShel
phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad, STB Kindle Oasis
If they'd beef up the hardware just a little and add Win 7, I'd be all over this like white on rice.
phenomshel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2010, 04:09 PM   #5
hanmik
hanmik doesn't litterhanmik doesn't litter

Device: Sony PRS-300, PRS-600, PRS-900, eDGe (pre-order)
I can't wait to get a shipping date. I really like it having a "light" weight OS, I just wish Kindle and B&N would release an Android app., but I don't see that happening anytime soon.
hanmik is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-20-2010, 10:48 PM   #6
vrf
Addict
vrf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vrf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vrf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vrf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vrf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vrf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vrf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vrf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vrf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vrf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vrf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 2, Voyage, Paperwhite 2, Kindle Touch, Kindle Keyboard, iPad Pro
Anyone know if you can connect a USB keyboard? With Documents to Go, this might be a good little word processor.
vrf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2010, 01:23 AM   #7
soilwork
useR!
soilwork will become famous soon enoughsoilwork will become famous soon enoughsoilwork will become famous soon enoughsoilwork will become famous soon enoughsoilwork will become famous soon enoughsoilwork will become famous soon enough

Device: Onyx Boox Max 2, Kobo Libra H2O, iRiver Story HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by vrf View Post
Anyone know if you can connect a USB keyboard? With Documents to Go, this might be a good little word processor.

According to their commercial, USB keyboard is supported. I also agree with others that this is looking better and better with more information.
soilwork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2010, 01:26 AM   #8
brecklundin
Banned
brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.

Device: mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by phenomshel View Post
If they'd beef up the hardware just a little and add Win 7, I'd be all over this like white on rice.
count me as in the exact same camp...I MUST be able to run Win7 otherwise I end up having to work on multible systems to get what I need to do done and if that is the case I am better off sticking right were I am now.
brecklundin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2010, 01:32 AM   #9
phenomshel
ZCD BombShel
phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Nice video! I do like the option of the USB keyboard. Maybe Android developers will come up with the software to read all the ebook formats....which is really the only thing this is missing for me. The bezel doesn't look so bad in the video, either....
Old 01-21-2010, 01:33 AM   #10
phenomshel
ZCD BombShel

Quote:
Originally Posted by brecklundin View Post
count me as in the exact same camp...I MUST be able to run Win7 otherwise I end up having to work on multible systems to get what I need to do done and if that is the case I am better off sticking right were I am now.
I wonder if you couldn't install Windows 7 on it via that USB port with a USB dvd drive? I think the hardware would still need a bit of beefing up though for it to run really well.

EDIT: Never mind, I just saw the internal storage. Win 7 on 3 gigs ain't happening.

Last edited by phenomshel; 01-21-2010 at 01:38 AM.
Old 01-21-2010, 01:43 AM   #11
brecklundin
Banned
brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.

Device: mine
yeah....and there are a lot of reasons the hardware is simply not up to the task including the apps I would like to run. Sure it becomes a difference model of the current Edge but I would still probably be willing and to also pay a couple hundred more.
brecklundin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2010, 02:12 AM   #12
KenK
KenK began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle I, iRex DR1000S
Quote:
Originally Posted by hanmik View Post
...I just wish Kindle and B&N would release an Android app., but I don't see that happening anytime soon.
Why wouldn't they? They both have iPhone apps already. And the Nook runs on Android, so I imagine it would be easy to port it to the enTourage eDGe.
KenK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2010, 08:27 AM   #13
osama_jamal
"eBook Addict!"
osama_jamal began at the beginning.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-505
I think the EDGE is one of the most preferred devices I have ever came across. Everytime I show it to someone they just get dazzeled!
osama_jamal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2010, 10:51 AM   #14
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by phenomshel View Post
Nice video! I do like the option of the USB keyboard. Maybe Android developers will come up with the software to read all the ebook formats....which is really the only thing this is missing for me. The bezel doesn't look so bad in the video, either....
I seem to remember him saying it would support a USB (and maybe bluetooth) keyboard. I'm not 100% sure though. Seems like a no brainer

BOb
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2010, 11:20 AM   #15
random50
Connoisseur
random50 doesn't litterrandom50 doesn't litter

Device: None yet
March now? Damn.
random50 is offline   Reply With Quote