Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 11-23-2012, 12:47 PM   #301
cryzed
Evangelist
cryzed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cryzed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cryzed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cryzed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cryzed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cryzed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cryzed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cryzed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cryzed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cryzed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cryzed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2
Oh shit, I forgot to update the information, sorry! Will do that immediately.
cryzed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012, 12:52 PM   #302
twobob
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°){ʇlnɐɟ ƃǝs}Týr
twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: uti gratia usura (Yao ying da ying; Mo ying da yieng)
Device: PW-WIFI|K5-3G+WIFI| K4|K3-3G|DXG|K2| Rooted Nook Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by cryzed View Post
Oh shit, I forgot to update the information, sorry! Will do that immediately.
hehehe no worries

Now it all makes sense
twobob is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-23-2012, 03:37 PM   #303
Jesse83
Jesse83 got an A in P-Chem.Jesse83 got an A in P-Chem.Jesse83 got an A in P-Chem.Jesse83 got an A in P-Chem.Jesse83 got an A in P-Chem.Jesse83 got an A in P-Chem.Jesse83 got an A in P-Chem.Jesse83 got an A in P-Chem.Jesse83 got an A in P-Chem.Jesse83 got an A in P-Chem.Jesse83 got an A in P-Chem.

Device: Kindle PW
Hi, I know this sounds stupid, but since I got only one shot at this, better safe than sorry.
I just received my PW (Europe) and luckily it has 5.2.0 installed so I just jailbroken it before even using the setup, can you confirm that I don't need to install update_jailbreak_bridge_1.7.N_install.bin ? I'm good to go now, I can survive 5.3.0 ?
Jesse83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012, 03:41 PM   #304
cryzed
Evangelist
cryzed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cryzed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cryzed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cryzed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cryzed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cryzed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cryzed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cryzed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cryzed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cryzed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cryzed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

You need to install the jailbreak and the bridge file (I think it might automatically be installed with the data.stgz but better safe than sorry, nothing can go wrong in that regard -- just install it!) to survive the 5.3.0 update. Also make sure that there is no complete update file on the Kindle which might have been downloaded by your Kindle if you had a connection to a WLAN network with internet access at any point before restarting or updating your Kindle to install the bridge hack (I forgot what it was named, probably "update_kindle_5.3.0.bin", it will probably be about ~164mb in size).

Last edited by cryzed; 11-23-2012 at 03:45 PM.
Old 11-23-2012, 03:45 PM   #305
Jesse83
Jesse83 got an A in P-Chem.Jesse83 got an A in P-Chem.Jesse83 got an A in P-Chem.Jesse83 got an A in P-Chem.Jesse83 got an A in P-Chem.Jesse83 got an A in P-Chem.Jesse83 got an A in P-Chem.Jesse83 got an A in P-Chem.Jesse83 got an A in P-Chem.Jesse83 got an A in P-Chem.Jesse83 got an A in P-Chem.

ok thanks uh so far no doesn't seem to be any weird huge file (that would mean a failed update right ? that's what you mean?)
Advert
Old 11-23-2012, 03:47 PM   #306
cryzed
Evangelist

I am just trying to prevent you accidentally updating to 5.3.0 because your Kindle might have already downloaded the update in the background while you were connected to a WLAN network. If it did the file should be ~164mb in size and named something like "update_kindle_5.3.0.bin" and be in the root directory of your Kindle. If that is not the case feel free to go ahead and install the bridge hack.
Old 11-23-2012, 03:49 PM   #307
Jesse83

It's cool I made sure not to connect to Wi-FI at all yet, I'm skipped the entire set up
Ok thanks I got both the jailbreak and bridge now
Old 11-23-2012, 03:51 PM   #308
cryzed
Evangelist

Good then. If you have already installed the jailbreak you should now move the "update_jailbreak_bridge_1.7.N_install.bin" to your Kindle root directory and install it via "Settings->Update Your Kindle". After that you can enable WLAN or manually download the 5.3.0 update and install it, the jailbreak should stay.

EDIT: Also you might want to consider installing ixtab's rescue pack and then backing up your partitions. If you need more information check my earlier posts in this thread.

Last edited by cryzed; 11-23-2012 at 03:57 PM.
Old 11-23-2012, 06:14 PM   #309
cryzed
Evangelist

By the way, does anyone know if there is an actual report of someone debricking, or rather let's say, restoring a Kindle Paperwhite with the partition backups? One would need to use fastboot to actually flash the partition images from what I gather and I couldn't find such a report linked in the debricking thread.
Old 11-23-2012, 07:31 PM   #310
hopp
hopp began at the beginning.

Device: Paperwhite
Hi guys, big thanks to ixtab & NiLuJe for their work !

Probably I can answer myself, but, just to be sure.

I have PW (SN begins with B024) and now I have FW 5.3.0
I managed to install jailbreak, probably during the time i had 5.2.0.

But now I have 5.3.0 and as I didn't install the bridge, I don't have jailbreak any more. Am I right ?
(my motivation is to run ssh on kindle )

Is there a way how to downgrade to 5.2.0 ? Without soldiering pins on opened device ?
thx
hopp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012, 08:01 PM   #311
qlob
Official Lurker
qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3.4
@hopp: not yet. the devs are working on it.
qlob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012, 09:43 PM   #312
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
@cryzed: Nope, using dd (main from diags, & diags from main).

Not sure anyone actually had to do it on a PW, but on a Touch, yeah .
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 05:09 AM   #313
cryzed
Evangelist

Oh, that's a relief then, sounds doable with my knowledge (not that I need to do it currently). I assume I can find someone in the unbricking thread who has documented his steps? -- will check there.

EDIT: Is it possible to use the fastboot mode with the Kindle Paperwhite 5.2.0/5.3.0?

Last edited by cryzed; 11-25-2012 at 01:01 PM.
Old 11-25-2012, 04:01 PM   #314
jforner
jforner knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'jforner knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'jforner knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'jforner knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'jforner knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'jforner knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'jforner knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'jforner knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'jforner knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'jforner knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'jforner knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'

Device: Kindle
Does anyone have a Paperwhite bought from Waterstones in the UK? If so, is it possible -- using this jailbreak -- to remove the HORRIBLE Waterstones screensavers that are preloaded?
jforner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 10:04 AM   #315
Kobudera
Hungarian
Kobudera taught Chuck Norris how to fight.Kobudera taught Chuck Norris how to fight.Kobudera taught Chuck Norris how to fight.Kobudera taught Chuck Norris how to fight.Kobudera taught Chuck Norris how to fight.Kobudera taught Chuck Norris how to fight.Kobudera taught Chuck Norris how to fight.Kobudera taught Chuck Norris how to fight.Kobudera taught Chuck Norris how to fight.Kobudera taught Chuck Norris how to fight.Kobudera taught Chuck Norris how to fight.

Device: Kindle
Hello Everybody!

The English translation's done (Kindle touch/paperwhite), you can download here: http://duokanhun.blogspot.hu/2012/10...aba-razva.html

Pictures about Kindle Touch/Paperwhite: http://duokanhun.blogspot.hu/2012/03...sites-r23.html

When you have some remarks apropose of English translation, please write your comment on the duokanhun.blogspot.hu forum!

Kobudera is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
5.1.0, 5.2.0, jailbreak, kindle touch hacks, paperwhite, touch