Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Writers' Corner

Notices

Old 10-02-2011, 08:05 AM   #61
crich70
Grand Sorcerer
crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, Kindle Paperwhite, Calibre, and Mobipocket for Pc (netbook)
29 days and counting til NaNoWriMo 2011 starts.
crich70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2011, 03:52 PM   #62
GeoffC
Chocolate Grasshopper ...
GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Muse HD , Cybook Gen3 , Pocketbook 302 (Black) , Nexus 10: wife has PW
and not one idea in sight !!!!
GeoffC is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-02-2011, 04:49 PM   #63
VydorScope
Wizard
VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoffC View Post
and not one idea in sight !!!!

Here:

A man walks into a bar, a bar he goes to every night. Its a seedy run down kind of bar, where people go that do not want to be known. He walks up to the bar and before he has a chance to order a man sits next to him and order two of his regular drink. He looks over at the other man and almost falls out of his chair in shock when he sees himself sitting there. The other him says, "Drink fast, they are coming." as he pulls out his weapon and rushes out the door.

There, run with it
VydorScope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2011, 05:40 PM   #64
teh603
Autism Spectrum Disorder
teh603 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teh603 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teh603 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teh603 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teh603 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teh603 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teh603 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teh603 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teh603 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teh603 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teh603 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Android Phone
Y'know, last year I didn't participate although I did flesh out one of my worlds a hella lot better. This year, I might actually try.
teh603 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2011, 09:32 PM   #65
crich70
Grand Sorcerer
crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I'm thinking of a steampunk story where Dracula would appear as a Moriarty like character. The story would be set in a time before the novel of Dracula. After all he had all those books and papers in his castle that Jonathan Harker noticed so perhaps he had had a more detailed plan at first.
Advert
Old 10-03-2011, 08:06 PM   #66
OneandonlyDoc
Fearless Writer
OneandonlyDoc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OneandonlyDoc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OneandonlyDoc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OneandonlyDoc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OneandonlyDoc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OneandonlyDoc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OneandonlyDoc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OneandonlyDoc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OneandonlyDoc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OneandonlyDoc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OneandonlyDoc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Wifi
Quote:
Originally Posted by crich70 View Post
I'm thinking of a steampunk story where Dracula would appear as a Moriarty like character. The story would be set in a time before the novel of Dracula. After all he had all those books and papers in his castle that Jonathan Harker noticed so perhaps he had had a more detailed plan at first.

That actually sounds really, really cool!
OneandonlyDoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2011, 11:24 PM   #67
crich70
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneandonlyDoc View Post
That actually sounds really, really cool!
Thanks. The hard part will be in fleshing out the idea and then of course writing it. At least I've got some good books on writing including Writing Steampunk to guide me to a degree. And almost a month to finish fleshing out the idea more.
Old 10-19-2011, 01:28 PM   #68
seajewel
Fanatic
seajewel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.seajewel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.seajewel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.seajewel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.seajewel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.seajewel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.seajewel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.seajewel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.seajewel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.seajewel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.seajewel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505, Sony PRS-950
Scrivener NaNoWriMo trial is out!

http://www.literatureandlatte.com/nanowrimo.php

I love Scrivener for writing, although I've been using Yarny quite a bit too.. it's a new web-based writing program that works out of your browser. It's still in beta and that shows but it is so appealing!
seajewel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2011, 04:21 PM   #69
crich70
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by seajewel View Post
Scrivener NaNoWriMo trial is out!

http://www.literatureandlatte.com/nanowrimo.php

I love Scrivener for writing, although I've been using Yarny quite a bit too.. it's a new web-based writing program that works out of your browser. It's still in beta and that shows but it is so appealing!
Thanks for the heads up. Only 13 days and counting to go.
Old 10-19-2011, 06:57 PM   #70
teh603
Autism Spectrum Disorder
teh603 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teh603 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teh603 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teh603 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teh603 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teh603 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teh603 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teh603 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teh603 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teh603 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teh603 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Android Phone
Yup, I gotted my world, characters, everything. Just waiting on the start date.
teh603 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2011, 09:00 PM   #71
Harper Kingsley
Clone Trooper
Harper Kingsley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Harper Kingsley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Harper Kingsley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Harper Kingsley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Harper Kingsley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Harper Kingsley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Harper Kingsley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Harper Kingsley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Harper Kingsley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Harper Kingsley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Harper Kingsley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle
I'm signed up for NaNoWriMo and I'm pretty excited. I think this time I'm going to go into it cold. Just start out with nothing and write whatever comes to mind, building the world and characters as I go along.

Smashwords.com is doing some NaNoWriMo stuff which is kind of cool.
Harper Kingsley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2011, 03:41 AM   #72
crich70
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harper Kingsley View Post
I'm signed up for NaNoWriMo and I'm pretty excited. I think this time I'm going to go into it cold. Just start out with nothing and write whatever comes to mind, building the world and characters as I go along.

Smashwords.com is doing some NaNoWriMo stuff which is kind of cool.
I did that pretty much in 2009. I just had a vague idea. One day I still have to go back through it and revise it. Something you may want to do is make notes as you go along as to what happens when etc. I wish I had because having those notes would make it a lot easier to revise that 2009 NaNo.
Old 10-20-2011, 08:54 AM   #73
afa
The Forgotten
afa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite; Nook HD; Sony Xperia Z3 Compact
Quote:
Originally Posted by VydorScope View Post
Here:

A man walks into a bar, a bar he goes to every night. Its a seedy run down kind of bar, where people go that do not want to be known. He walks up to the bar and before he has a chance to order a man sits next to him and order two of his regular drink. He looks over at the other man and almost falls out of his chair in shock when he sees himself sitting there. The other him says, "Drink fast, they are coming." as he pulls out his weapon and rushes out the door.

There, run with it
Hey, that's not bad!
afa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2011, 09:31 AM   #74
VydorScope
Wizard
VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by afa View Post
Hey, that's not bad!

Thanks! I wonder if anyone will use it. If anyone does I would love to read it. I cant help it ... in my mind I already worked out a dozen different a ways to go with it... but I must focus on my current novel in progress, book three in my series.
VydorScope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2011, 11:39 AM   #75
kennyc
The Dank Side of the Moon
kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle2; Kindle Fire
Hmmmmm.....
kennyc is offline   Reply With Quote