Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK > Nook Color & Nook Tablet

Notices

Old 02-02-2011, 09:00 PM   #1
swallman
Enthusiast
swallman began at the beginning.

Device: Nook Color
Background color when reading

Just wondering if anyone has been able to get a completely black background when using the stock reader ? I'm rooted, running 1.1 now and end up using the Kindle reader because I can have a completely black background and white letters.

I would be more than happy to give B&N my ebook money but I just can't get the settings the way I want. I'd use the generic Nook reader but it won't work for some reason while rooted.
swallman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2011, 11:37 AM   #2
afv011
Captain Penguin
afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Nook Glowlight
Quote:
Originally Posted by swallman View Post
Just wondering if anyone has been able to get a completely black background when using the stock reader ? I'm rooted, running 1.1 now and end up using the Kindle reader because I can have a completely black background and white letters.

I would be more than happy to give B&N my ebook money but I just can't get the settings the way I want. I'd use the generic Nook reader but it won't work for some reason while rooted.
You have 2 options: use an alternative reader (Aldiko offers a night mode with black background and white text), or, if you want to use the stock reader, update the CSS file of your ePubs to set a black background and a white text; this will apply when you select "publisher defaults" on the stock reader. The code to add to your CSS would be:

Code:
body { 
background-color:#000000; 
color:#dddddd; 
}
afv011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-03-2011, 01:09 PM   #3
jswinden
Nameless Being

Quote:
Originally Posted by afv011 View Post
You have 2 options: use an alternative reader (Aldiko offers a night mode with black background and white text), or, if you want to use the stock reader, update the CSS file of your ePubs to set a black background and a white text; this will apply when you select "publisher defaults" on the stock reader. The code to add to your CSS would be:

Code:
body { 
background-color:#000000; 
color:#dddddd; 
}
I haven't tried this with the NC but it should work. Eink devices will typically override this bit of CSS though and keep a white background and black text. So if for some reason the NC overrides it, definitely use a different reader.