Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 07-14-2014, 04:40 PM   #2056
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie
eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Beaten Path, USA, Roundworld, This Side of Infinity
Device: Kindle Touch fw5.3.7 (Wifi only)
NiLuJe, are you updating this plugin for the qt5 betas?

Also, maybe this would be a good time to get KC a new thread owned by you to support both versions -- now that the old one needs to go anyway?

Last edited by eschwartz; 07-15-2014 at 12:39 AM. Reason: typos
Old 07-14-2014, 06:34 PM   #2057
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
@eschwartz: That's certainly on the horizon, if Qt5 doesn't drive me mad in the process .

(And yeah, I agree that it would be a perfect opportunity to take maintainer-ship of the plugin)
Advert
Old 07-15-2014, 12:40 AM   #2058
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie
eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NiLuJe View Post
@eschwartz: That's certainly on the horizon, if Qt5 doesn't drive me mad in the process .

(And yeah, I agree that it would be a perfect opportunity to take maintainer-ship of the plugin)
I am open to testing it.
Old 07-15-2014, 01:36 AM   #2059
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

@eschwartz: Good to know, thanks .

(But the initial stages will probably consist of me making stuff up and hoping it works ;D).
Old 08-10-2014, 05:11 PM   #2060
6EQUJ5
6EQUJ5 began at the beginning.

Device: none
@NiLuJe porting to qt5 ist as easy as running search & replace on "PyQt4" -> "PyQt5".
I just did that and everything seems to be working perfectly so far

If you take maintainership please upload this thing somewhere decent, like github or bitbucket. I don't really care where. That would just make contributing a lot easier.

~ Have a nice day
Advert
Old 08-10-2014, 05:15 PM   #2061
NiLuJe
BLAM!

@6EQUJ5: Thanks, I'll probably do it in the coming week. (FWIW, I'm using SVN internally, so I'm good on the keeping track of stuff front ;p).
Old 08-10-2014, 05:18 PM   #2062
6EQUJ5

@NiLuJe doesn't help the community much :/
At least keeping track of stuff is always good
Old 08-10-2014, 05:23 PM   #2063
NiLuJe
BLAM!

@6EQUJ5: Agreed, but on the other hand, you're the first one to show interest on that front in over a year . (Granted, there may also be a chicken/egg effect at play here ^^).
Old 08-10-2014, 05:28 PM   #2064
6EQUJ5

@NiLuJe: Well, this is the first time this plugin broke for me, so I just went ahead and fixed it :P
Then I was searching for where to send my changes, so other people can benefit.
I don't plan to contribute to this project as in actively developing. It's just anywhere something breaks in my daily usage, I fix it myself (at least if I am able to) and push it back upstream.

I guess it is not really necessary, but it would just ease things for people like me and the development is more transparent, which I am both a fan of :P
Old 08-10-2014, 05:51 PM   #2065
NiLuJe
BLAM!

@6EQUJ5: We have a few projects like this on MR with very few activity where we usually fall back to posting patches in the project's thread .
Old 08-10-2014, 06:09 PM   #2066
6EQUJ5

Quote:
Originally Posted by NiLuJe View Post
@6EQUJ5: We have a few projects like this on MR with very few activity where we usually fall back to posting patches in the project's thread .
If it works well, that's fine by me

The reason I didn't post a patch is that it's very easy to do and I just explained how it can be done :P

meme, the creator of this plugin is inactive I understand?
Old 08-10-2014, 06:10 PM   #2067
NiLuJe
BLAM!

@6EQUJ5: Yeah, no worry, that's good enough for me, that was just to give you some context as to why I never bothered making the repo more widely accessible .

And yeah, meme is inactive; I'll probably ask for maintener-ship more properly with the Qt5 switch, that'll be easier on everyone.
Old 08-10-2014, 06:15 PM   #2068
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie

I've ported the imports over to Qt5 as per Kovid's sticky, and reloaded the plugin. It seems to be working just fine. Nothing else needed.

(Extra confirmation. )
Attached Files
File Type: zip Kindle Collections.zip (273.5 KB, 449 views)

Last edited by eschwartz; 08-10-2014 at 06:19 PM.
Old 08-10-2014, 07:02 PM   #2069
NiLuJe
BLAM!

@eschwartz: The most UI-heavy thing is the manual collection edit screen, so if that works, everything should be good .
Old 08-10-2014, 08:15 PM   #2070
NiLuJe
BLAM!

I ported the tweaked version.

Only tested on PyQt4 so far, but the only tricky thing different from the upstream version was a QVariant that needed to be taken care of, and the potential issues are mostly on the PyQt4 side with this.
Closed Thread