Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 03-21-2010, 07:09 PM   #1
neekee
neekee began at the beginning.

Device: none
Help With Kindle for Mac application?

I'm not sure if this is the right section.. I'm sorry if I managed to fudge this up a bit.
I downloaded the Kindle for Mac program off of amazon the other day. I downloaded one of the free ebooks but I can't figure out where it is saved on my mac?
Do the files actually get saved on the hard drive or is it only digitally stored on my amazon account?
Does anyone know if there is (or will be) a way to save/backup/ the files onto my hard drive? Thanks!
neekee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2010, 07:11 PM   #2
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Yes, the book will be saved on your Mac. I'm guessing it is probably in your documents folder somewhere. Or perhaps ~/Library/Application Support/Kindle

Does it matter where it is stored? You just open it from this list in the Kindle software to read it.

BOb
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2010, 07:11 PM   #3
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
They're in your Documents folder, inside a folder called "My Kindle Content".

Quote:
Originally Posted by neekee View Post
I downloaded the Kindle for Mac program off of amazon the other day. I downloaded one of the free ebooks but I can't figure out where it is saved on my mac?
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2010, 07:46 PM   #4
fugazied
Wizard
fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: iPod Touch
Time Machine will back that folder up for you automatically unless you have told it NOT to backup certain parts of your home directory.

If you don't use time machine, I'd suggest you start, it's handy!
fugazied is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2010, 10:25 PM   #5
neekee
neekee began at the beginning.

Device: none
Whew. Thanks everyone!
Yep I use time machine.
neekee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2011, 10:22 AM   #6
captaingeorges
Zealot
captaingeorges will become famous soon enoughcaptaingeorges will become famous soon enoughcaptaingeorges will become famous soon enoughcaptaingeorges will become famous soon enoughcaptaingeorges will become famous soon enoughcaptaingeorges will become famous soon enough

Device: Cybook, Iphone32g, ipad, Kobo
Hello!

Just downloaded Kindle for Mac application. I also bought 2 books and dowloaded them to my computer.

Where are they ?????

did a full search on my Mac, cannot find any .azw files...

Contrary to other post, it did not create a "My Kindle content" in the Document folder ???

It is really puzzling. I know they are there somewhere, because I can read the books even if I am not connected to the net...

Thanks for your help

Georges
captaingeorges is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2011, 12:10 PM   #7
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by captaingeorges View Post
Just downloaded Kindle for Mac application. I also bought 2 books and dowloaded them to my computer.

Where are they ?????

did a full search on my Mac, cannot find any .azw files...

Contrary to other post, it did not create a "My Kindle content" in the Document folder ???

It is really puzzling. I know they are there somewhere, because I can read the books even if I am not connected to the net...
Which version of Kindle for Mac?

In your search, did you turn on the "System Files" option?

(My Kindle ebooks are in "My Kindle Content" in ~/Documents/
Old 01-16-2011, 12:20 PM   #8
Cpl Punishment
Guru
Cpl Punishment ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cpl Punishment ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cpl Punishment ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cpl Punishment ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cpl Punishment ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cpl Punishment ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cpl Punishment ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cpl Punishment ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cpl Punishment ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cpl Punishment ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cpl Punishment ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Ipad 103rd Gen
Quote:
Originally Posted by fugazied View Post
Time Machine will back that folder up for you automatically unless you have told it NOT to backup certain parts of your home directory.

If you don't use time machine, I'd suggest you start, it's handy!
Cpl Punishment is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2011, 12:31 PM   #9
captaingeorges
Zealot
captaingeorges will become famous soon enoughcaptaingeorges will become famous soon enoughcaptaingeorges will become famous soon enoughcaptaingeorges will become famous soon enoughcaptaingeorges will become famous soon enoughcaptaingeorges will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdurrant View Post
Which version of Kindle for Mac?

In your search, did you turn on the "System Files" option?

(My Kindle ebooks are in "My Kindle Content" in ~/Documents/
Thanks a lot! That did the trick!!!

I did not know about that "System files" option in Search... Learn something every day!!!

Kindle for Mac version is 1.2.3

Regards,

Georges
Old 01-16-2011, 01:09 PM   #10
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠

Quote:
Thanks a lot! That did the trick!!!

I did not know about that "System files" option in Search... Learn something every day!!!

Kindle for Mac version is 1.2.3
Now that's interesting. Umm... Where did your ebooks turn out to be, when you found them?
Old 01-16-2011, 06:20 PM   #11
captaingeorges
Zealot

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdurrant View Post
Now that's interesting. Umm... Where did your ebooks turn out to be, when you found them?
They were in : library\application support\kindle\my kindle content

So I guess they changed the location... I must have the latest version. I just downloaded it yesterday from the Mac application store

Regards,

Georges
Old 01-16-2011, 10:54 PM   #12
tm3
Groupie
tm3 actually enjoys Vogon poetry.tm3 actually enjoys Vogon poetry.tm3 actually enjoys Vogon poetry.tm3 actually enjoys Vogon poetry.tm3 actually enjoys Vogon poetry.tm3 actually enjoys Vogon poetry.tm3 actually enjoys Vogon poetry.tm3 actually enjoys Vogon poetry.tm3 actually enjoys Vogon poetry.tm3 actually enjoys Vogon poetry.tm3 actually enjoys Vogon poetry.

Device: Kindle 3
kindle for mac is only available for the intel version macs, correct?
tm3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2011, 11:27 PM   #13
Bookworm_Girl
E-reader Enthusiast
Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3; Kobo Aura One; iPad Mini 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by tm3 View Post
kindle for mac is only available for the intel version macs, correct?
Yes. Kindle for Mac is not compatible with PowerPC's. You also need OS X 10.5 or higher.
Bookworm_Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2011, 09:35 AM   #14
Andrew*Debbie
Andrew*Debbie began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3G
Quote:
I just downloaded it yesterday from the Mac application store
1.2.2 that I'm running is dated Jan 6th 2011. Got it from Amazon, not the app store.

Last edited by Andrew*Debbie; 01-17-2011 at 09:37 AM.
Andrew*Debbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2011, 11:40 AM   #15
tm3
Groupie
tm3 actually enjoys Vogon poetry.tm3 actually enjoys Vogon poetry.tm3 actually enjoys Vogon poetry.tm3 actually enjoys Vogon poetry.tm3 actually enjoys Vogon poetry.tm3 actually enjoys Vogon poetry.tm3 actually enjoys Vogon poetry.tm3 actually enjoys Vogon poetry.tm3 actually enjoys Vogon poetry.tm3 actually enjoys Vogon poetry.tm3 actually enjoys Vogon poetry.

Device: Kindle 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bookworm_Girl View Post
Yes. Kindle for Mac is not compatible with PowerPC's. You also need OS X 10.5 or higher.
thanks. i've got the OS 10.5 covered but not the intel part.
tm3 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
kindle for mac