Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices

Notices

Old 03-07-2015, 01:59 PM   #436
citac
Fanatic
citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Lenovo Yoga Tab 2 (Android)
OK, guys, I need your help. I just bought a Lenovo Yoga tablet, and it's great.The problem is that the Moon+ won't let me set my external card as its book folder because of the KitKat Android OS. How do I make it accept this? The app has been moved to the SD card but that doesn't seem to make any difference.
citac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2015, 08:11 AM   #437
Teknikal
Fanatic
Teknikal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Teknikal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Teknikal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Teknikal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Teknikal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Teknikal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Teknikal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Teknikal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Teknikal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Teknikal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Teknikal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony T1, Note Pro 12.2, Honor 10
I just posted about the mess of the Android file system, my guess is you just need to find your actual real SD card on Moon+ Google purposefully confuses the issue by called the internal storage sdcard even though it isn't, On my phone I need to go back a folder or two until I see storage then go there and from there external_sd then I select my books folder. Unfortunately between different OEMS this location can vary but you should find it under either storage or 0 and sometimes both sometimes.

The irony is Google claimed before Micro SD cards are too confusing for users while that's actually the only part of my storage I can make any sense off at all, and on KitKat yes they did restrict things but you should still be able to import and read your books ,my G3 is on Kit Kat still and I can.

Really I think Googles behind the whole mess on purpose because they want people to pay them to use their cloud, they really see any type of local storage as a bad thing for their business which is just making Android harder and harder to use.

Last edited by Teknikal; 03-13-2015 at 08:18 AM.
Teknikal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-20-2015, 10:36 PM   #438
Quelch
Groupie
Quelch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quelch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quelch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quelch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quelch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quelch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quelch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quelch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quelch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quelch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quelch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch and iPad 4 hers, Samsung Galaxy S 8.4 mine !
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teknikal View Post

Really I think Googles behind the whole mess on purpose because they want people to pay them to use their cloud, they really see any type of local storage as a bad thing for their business which is just making Android harder and harder to use.
I agree, huge companies such as Google want to control what you do, what you use and lock you into their systems
My Google Nexus 7 has no card slot but mine has the larger 32GB memory to ensure enough room but an SD card slot would be better as you can load files on it from a computer then plug the card into the tablet
using the cloud costs upload and download data and the security is controlled by someone else
The iPad is similar with no expansion card slot but my wife is happy with it for what she does
I'll never buy another tablet without a card slot
Quelch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2015, 02:08 PM   #439
droopy
Guru
droopy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.droopy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.droopy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.droopy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.droopy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.droopy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.droopy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.droopy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.droopy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.droopy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.droopy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma
What happens to notes/bookmarks/highlights when I rename/move file

I have MoonReader instaled on my Samsung Galaxy Tab 4.

What happens to the
  • notes
  • bookmarks
  • highlights
that I've made to a book when I
  • rename the file (in a file manager such as ES File Explorer)
  • move the file
  • move the folder that contains the file?
Is there a way to preserve my scribblings?

Last edited by droopy; 03-31-2015 at 02:12 PM.
droopy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2015, 11:35 PM   #440
Lomack
Lomack began at the beginning.

Device: Moon+ Reader Pro
I am reading journal articles in pdf format, and they have irritating footnotes. Is there some way I can set my moon reader to skip the door notes all together, or set it to only read a specific size font?
Lomack is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-15-2015, 10:42 PM   #441
diremommy
Zealot
diremommy can read faster than his screen refreshesdiremommy can read faster than his screen refreshesdiremommy can read faster than his screen refreshesdiremommy can read faster than his screen refreshesdiremommy can read faster than his screen refreshesdiremommy can read faster than his screen refreshesdiremommy can read faster than his screen refreshesdiremommy can read faster than his screen refreshesdiremommy can read faster than his screen refreshesdiremommy can read faster than his screen refreshesdiremommy can read faster than his screen refreshes

Device: Zenpad S 8, iPad mini 2
Forgive me if this has been answered before and I missed it (long thread!) but what's the best way to remove the old covers from books that I've already read and deleted from Moon+ without also removing the covers for books still in my library?
diremommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2015, 12:59 PM   #442
Purple Lady
Grand Sorcerer
Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Huawei MediaPad M5, LG V30, Boyue T80S, Nexus 7 LTE, K3 3G, Fire HD8
Quote:
Originally Posted by diremommy View Post
Forgive me if this has been answered before and I missed it (long thread!) but what's the best way to remove the old covers from books that I've already read and deleted from Moon+ without also removing the covers for books still in my library?
From what I've seen there is no way to easily do that. For whatever reason old covers stay around forever. I just delete all covers which are in a .MoonReader folder in the folder you set as your main folder. When you open a book, the cover is put in the .MoonReader folder again.

If you use Calibre, you should check out the Calibre Companion app. You choose what you want to read from there and it opens the book in whatever reader app you choose. It has much better organization of books than any reader app.
Purple Lady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2015, 07:25 PM   #443
diremommy
Zealot
diremommy can read faster than his screen refreshesdiremommy can read faster than his screen refreshesdiremommy can read faster than his screen refreshesdiremommy can read faster than his screen refreshesdiremommy can read faster than his screen refreshesdiremommy can read faster than his screen refreshesdiremommy can read faster than his screen refreshesdiremommy can read faster than his screen refreshesdiremommy can read faster than his screen refreshesdiremommy can read faster than his screen refreshesdiremommy can read faster than his screen refreshes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Purple Lady View Post
From what I've seen there is no way to easily do that. For whatever reason old covers stay around forever. I just delete all covers which are in a .MoonReader folder in the folder you set as your main folder. When you open a book, the cover is put in the .MoonReader folder again.

If you use Calibre, you should check out the Calibre Companion app. You choose what you want to read from there and it opens the book in whatever reader app you choose. It has much better organization of books than any reader app.

I have it, but I've never really used it much, I guess I should check it back out.
Old 05-27-2015, 08:06 PM   #444
diremommy
Zealot

Can someone please tell me exactly what is saved when you backup Moon+ Pro? Are the books saved, or just reader settings? And if the books aren't saved, how would I go about copying them over to my dropbox or my laptop? I have a bunch of stuff I DLed direct from AO3, and have no other copy.

Thanks!
Old 06-11-2015, 12:32 AM   #445
setherd
Sleep Tech
setherd began at the beginning.

Device: andorid, nook simple touch
My fonts aren't working right in Moon+ Pro. When I goto settings and look at available fonts, I see them as they are supposed to look. But when I read a book I get the same sans serif font, no matter what font I chose. I think it's the default android font.
Reading with a sans-serif font sucks. Does anyone have any ideas?
I'm running Lollipop 5.1. on my phone.
setherd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2015, 02:32 AM   #446
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Try a different book it could be that particular book has a fixed font.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2015, 07:38 AM   #447
johnwhelan
Zealot
johnwhelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnwhelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnwhelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnwhelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnwhelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnwhelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnwhelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnwhelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnwhelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnwhelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnwhelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch, Cybook Gen 3, Google Nexus7
Quote:
Originally Posted by setherd View Post
My fonts aren't working right in Moon+ Pro. When I goto settings and look at available fonts, I see them as they are supposed to look. But when I read a book I get the same sans serif font, no matter what font I chose. I think it's the default android font.
Reading with a sans-serif font sucks. Does anyone have any ideas?
I'm running Lollipop 5.1. on my phone.
Settings, Misc, epub/mobi/, disable CSS styles

You can also strip CSS styles using Calibre on a PC.

Cheerio John
johnwhelan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2015, 06:26 PM   #448
VovoKrall
VovoKrall began at the beginning.

Device: Moon Reader (Moto G)
Unhappy Moon Reader doesn't display properly some epubs

Hi, I'm having problems to display some content on Moon Reader.

I'm reading the portuguese version of Getting Things Done, and Moon Reader can't properly display some pages with special formatting, as seen on the screenshots on this post, but Kobo Reader can.

I enabled CSS to see if Moon Reader could display properly, but it didn't worked, as seen on screenshot.

Can anybody help me?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Kobo Reader.png
Views:	377
Size:	182.0 KB
ID:	141574   Click image for larger version

Name:	Moon Reader.png
Views:	344
Size:	168.1 KB
ID:	141575  
VovoKrall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2015, 09:26 AM   #449
Lomack
Lomack began at the beginning.

Device: Moon+ Reader Pro
Quote:
Originally Posted by zelszi View Post
Hi,
I have a stupid question with moon+reader too... I finished a book. I am on the last page. I want to go to the first page again, but I can't... With the back arrow I can go back to my bookshelf. Can somebody help me?

J
The only ways to navigate is quick buttons & the command list.
Lomack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2015, 01:11 AM   #450
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lomack View Post
J
The only ways to navigate is quick buttons & the command list.
You may be well intended, but please don't reply to 2.5 year old questions. It just adds confusion to a thread.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote