Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 10-05-2011, 08:45 PM   #91
KindleFan1
Banned
KindleFan1 is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!KindleFan1 is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!KindleFan1 is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!KindleFan1 is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!KindleFan1 is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!KindleFan1 is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!KindleFan1 is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!KindleFan1 is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!KindleFan1 is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!KindleFan1 is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!KindleFan1 is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!

Device: Kindle
lstroyan will get an email tomorrow.
KindleFan1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2011, 01:20 AM   #92
CRussel
(he/him/his)
CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis (Gen3),Paperwhite (Gen10), Voyage, Paperwhite(orig), Fire HD 8
Good!

lstroyan -- watch your junk or spam folder. Chances are it will end up there. Then hold on to it for a day or two. In case we get any last minute takers.
CRussel is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-07-2011, 02:55 AM   #93
kikokiko
kikokiko has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.kikokiko has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.kikokiko has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.kikokiko has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.kikokiko has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Can you put me on the list please?

EDIT: Pm'ed Istroyan just in case, hopefully he hasn't finalized yet.

Last edited by kikokiko; 10-07-2011 at 03:02 AM.
kikokiko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2011, 08:56 AM   #94
lstroyan
No title
lstroyan began at the beginning.

Yes, when I get the email, I'll put kikokiko in the gift subscription area. I'll watch my spam folder.
lstroyan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2011, 10:17 AM   #95
CRussel
(he/him/his)
CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Sorry folks. It looks like KindleFan1 has been banned, and that will have broken the thread, I suspect. If Istroyan hasn't gotten the email, I suspect s/he won't, but if you do get it, post here by all means and we'll pick back up.

Final tally: 126 ebooks with retail bundled price of $326 from my original $18 investment. And we kept the thread going for 17 free Webscriptions, which is not too shabby.
Advert
Old 10-07-2011, 10:32 AM   #96
Ajax
Addict
Ajax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ajax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ajax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ajax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ajax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ajax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ajax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ajax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ajax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ajax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ajax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K4 Touch, Kindle Fire, HP Touchpad
Istroyan, if KindleFan1 hasn't hooked you up by tonight shoot me a PM and I'll get this restarted so you can continue on with Kikokiko.
Ajax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2011, 11:11 AM   #97
CRussel
(he/him/his)

Ah, right. I remember now, you have a spare gift code for this Webscription. Excellent.

What do we think? Should I re-open the thread and continue to try to manage it? Or just let it go, with Istroyan and Kikokiko finishing it out with Ajax's code feeding in?

I'm open to either option. We've already gone further than most of these threads go, and managing it is always a fair amount of work. But I'm game to keep on if there's enough interest.
Old 10-07-2011, 12:38 PM   #98
CRussel
(he/him/his)

Got it. I've sent an address you can use, and I'll forward. Thanks for finishing!
Old 10-07-2011, 12:46 PM   #99
CRussel
(he/him/his)

Got it. We're back to life, folks. Istroyan has a code (from Ajax) and will need an email address from kikokiko to complete.

Meanwhile, I've got a spare code from KindleFan1 if we have a break in the string.

Last edited by CRussel; 10-07-2011 at 01:04 PM.
Old 10-07-2011, 02:21 PM   #100
lstroyan
No title
lstroyan began at the beginning.

All set! Claim code should be on it's way to Kikokiko.

Thanks for organizing this!!!
lstroyan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2011, 02:26 PM   #101
CRussel
(he/him/his)

Quote:
Originally Posted by lstroyan View Post
All set! Claim code should be on it's way to Kikokiko.

Thanks for organizing this!!!
My pleasure. It's always good to introduce new readers to Baen authors and their excellent approach to publishing.

Don't forget to check out the Baen Free Library while you're on their site. A great way to try out a new author for free.
Old 10-07-2011, 03:44 PM   #102
SpockdaMan
Banned
SpockdaMan began at the beginning.

Device: None
Quote:
Originally Posted by CRussel View Post
Meanwhile, I've got a spare code from KindleFan1 if we have a break in the string.
What happens if no one claims it?
SpockdaMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2011, 03:54 PM   #103
CRussel
(he/him/his)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpockdaMan View Post
What happens if no one claims it?
I'll see if any of my friends locally has any interest. I feel pretty strongly that these codes should not be used by existing Webscriptions customers. That circumvents the intent of the offer, and only makes it less likely that Baen will continue it.

I've already noticed quite a bit of repeat customers in these free threads. I'm not sure how I feel about that, but I admit it makes me more likely to not sponsor another one. It doesn't change my costs - I only buy the ones I'm going to buy anyway. But it's a lot of work to manage the thread and keep it going. I don't mind the work for those who are truly new to Webscriptions and the authors involved. But I tend to think that those who are already customers should be stepping up to start their own. Or at least not taking a freebie that isn't really appropriate.
Old 10-07-2011, 09:08 PM   #104
kikokiko
kikokiko has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.kikokiko has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.kikokiko has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.kikokiko has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.kikokiko has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Received code, waiting on new takers for a few days.
kikokiko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2011, 12:58 AM   #105
CRussel
(he/him/his)

Glad you got it, kikokiko. I'd say you should go ahead and get your books. You can always send the gift offer to another email address that you haven't registered with Webscription. Then if any one pops in late in the thread, you can forward the code to them then. I'm going to be offline pretty much all weekend, so I'm not planning on any active management of the thread at this point. We've hit 19 free Webscriptions, which is quite good as these threads go.

Tags
fantasy, free, sff, webscription