Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Developer's Corner

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 01-03-2014, 06:21 PM   #166
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
I wouldn't have thought to change the serial number in that way. The two times I have done it, I changed it in the image before restoring it to the card. Can you try that? And looking at the image I sent, the offset is 0x203. At 0x200 is the prefix "SN-". The serial number is 13 bytes plus a null.
Old 01-03-2014, 09:43 PM   #167
Ken Maltby
Wizard
Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Note2, AuraHD, PDA,
It may be that you only need to change that first one at around 0x200, but I would put that serial number (the 13 bytes) in a find and replace with the serial number you want to replace it with in the replace side of the command. There is more than one occurrence of the serial number.

Luck;
Ken
Old 01-04-2014, 03:43 AM   #168
Winter49
Winter49 began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Touch N905B
ok, i see.

I will try this later this Weekend and give a reply. Thank you very much.

BR Winter49
Old 01-09-2014, 08:20 AM   #169
banzyman
banzyman began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo 5" Mini
Quote:
Originally Posted by kleko View Post
update:
as some of you probably have expected, the image of the kobo touch works not without problems. I've now got a new Kobo mini N705.
If anyone needs an image of the SD card, please feel free to ask.
cheers Kleko

Hi Kleko, i have this model which the sdcard is damaged so would be great if i could get the image from yourself. Many thanks Carl (banzyuk@yahoo.co.uk
Old 01-10-2014, 02:37 PM   #170
tmt
tmt began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Touch
Can someone help me with locating an original img file for a N905B? I can't seem to get anything to work. Any help would be great.

Thanks
Old 01-10-2014, 02:56 PM   #171
jvolbrecht
Connoisseur
jvolbrecht is a glorious beacon of lightjvolbrecht is a glorious beacon of lightjvolbrecht is a glorious beacon of lightjvolbrecht is a glorious beacon of lightjvolbrecht is a glorious beacon of lightjvolbrecht is a glorious beacon of lightjvolbrecht is a glorious beacon of lightjvolbrecht is a glorious beacon of lightjvolbrecht is a glorious beacon of lightjvolbrecht is a glorious beacon of lightjvolbrecht is a glorious beacon of light

Device: Kobo Touch KBN905C
Are you sure that is a "B" model?, mine is "C" marked on the bottom of it, near USB port.
:-)
Old 01-10-2014, 10:31 PM   #172
tmt

I have removed the SD card from the Kobo touch and tried to read the card on my computer and seems to be saying that the card needs to be formatted and is unreadable. I assume that a new img file would be required to bring this Kobo touch back. The model again is Kobo Touch N905B.

Thanks in advance.
Old 01-10-2014, 10:37 PM   #173
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
Sigh... You DO realize that the SD card contains multiple partitions, which is something that Windows is not happy handling?

Also, the majority of the partitions are NOT in a format that Windows would even recognize even if it DID handle multiple partitions.

I'm not saying that you don't need a new image, just that your logic in assuming that just because your PC can not read the card means you need a new image.
Old 01-11-2014, 03:57 PM   #174
tmt

Peter, what would be your suggestion on how I can read the sd card and confirm that the card is indeed damaged or files are corrupted.
Old 01-13-2014, 09:04 AM   #175
EYNY
EYNY began at the beginning.

Device: KOBO Glo
Hi I am new in this blog.
I lost my original KOBO Glo image file in internal SD card.
Anyone can help me to find where can I download original files.
I found many update files but not original one.
Please help me!!!!
Thanks
Old 01-13-2014, 10:59 AM   #176
tmt

Hi Everyone,

Im really hoping that someone can send me a link or a PM with the img file for a KOBO Touch N905B. My wife really wants her KOBO back, she really isn't happy and it's get worse each day.

Help me please.
Old 01-13-2014, 05:25 PM   #177
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

EYNY & tmt: PMs sent.
Old 01-14-2014, 04:18 PM   #178
tmt

Thank you so much for the file. Everything works great. My wife is no longer unhappy.
I do have another question though. I wanted to know how I change the serial no to my serial no on my kobo. The only thing is I have no idea how to locate my serial no because the original card is completely not readable. Any suggestions on how to do this and what tools I my need. Thanks again for you help.
Old 01-14-2014, 07:35 PM   #179
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmt View Post
Thank you so much for the file. Everything works great. My wife is no longer unhappy.
That's good to hear.
Quote:
I do have another question though. I wanted to know how I change the serial no to my serial no on my kobo. The only thing is I have no idea how to locate my serial no because the original card is completely not readable. Any suggestions on how to do this and what tools I my need. Thanks again for you help.
You need to use a hex editor on the image file. The serial number is at offset 0x203. Immediately before that is the characters "SN-". The serial number is 13 characters long followed by null character. In the image you have, the serial number should be all zeros. As the editor, I am using the free version of Hex Editor Neo.

Unless you still have the box, I don't know how to get the serial number. If you have ever backed up any of the files from the device, it is in the "version" file.
Old 01-22-2014, 04:45 PM   #180
DavidBe
DavidBe began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Mini
Quote:
Originally Posted by jvolbrecht View Post
@Kleko: MP sent.
hi, i'm in desperate need of a kobo mini image, if someone could find me one i would appreciate very much. thanks in advance
Ps: sorry for my bad english
Closed Thread