Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices

Notices

Old 11-20-2013, 09:50 AM   #1
LH07
Enthusiast
LH07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LH07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LH07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LH07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LH07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LH07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LH07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LH07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LH07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LH07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LH07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: android tablet
kindle app

I have an android tablet and was wondering if you could install 2 kindle app with different amazon sign ins if so can someone tell me how to do it as it is asking me to uninstall the one I already have
LH07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2013, 10:16 AM   #2
Anthem
Guru
Anthem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anthem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anthem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anthem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anthem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anthem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anthem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anthem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anthem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anthem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anthem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, OnePlus Nord
Amazon registers the entire device, as far as I know. However, you may try creating a new user (Settings>Users)if you have Android 4.2 or higher and seeing if that allows you to do anything. I'm not sure that you can maintain separate installs of applications, though. I have not tried it.
Anthem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2013, 10:52 AM   #3
Mike L
Wizard
Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Samsung Galaxy
I'd be interested to know the answer to this as well. I'd also like to know if I can register each app to an Amazon account in a different country (I have accounts with Amazon in both the US and the UK, but have always needed separate devices for each of them).

Mike
Mike L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2013, 06:43 PM   #4
PatNY
Zennist
PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPod Touch, Sony PRS-350, Nook HD+ & HD
I think it might be possible to install 2 different versions, but whether you'd be able to sign into 2 Kindle accounts on one device may be another matter. Your best bet is to go to the XDA forums and ask over there. They can do just about anything in Android.

However, you might want to try this: Download ZipSigner from the Play store. Then use it to navigate to a copy of the Kindle apk (make sure it's a copy; not your installed one) in external storage or in a user file in internal storage. Open up ZipSigner, navigate to the file, then select it. Choose "auto-testkey" for the Key Mode, then tap "Sign The File." Now see if you can sideload it to your device without it replacing your other Kindle app. I used ZipSigner on an older version of Google Maps so it would not be automatically updated by the Play Store. I was still able to sign into my Google account from the Maps app after I did that.

--Pat
PatNY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2013, 07:03 PM   #5
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
I was curious after seeing this thread so I fired up my Nexus 7 (2012) running Android 4.3 and created a second user and signed in with a second Google account (probably could have used the same Google account).

I was able to sign into a second Kindle account (both accounts US) just fine on the other user account.
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2013, 07:17 PM   #6
PatNY
Zennist
PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPod Touch, Sony PRS-350, Nook HD+ & HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnemicOak View Post
I was curious after seeing this thread so I fired up my Nexus 7 (2012) running Android 4.3 and created a second user and signed in with a second Google account (probably could have used the same Google account).

I was able to sign into a second Kindle account (both accounts US) just fine on the other user account.
Very interesting and an excellent Android feature. I have to remember that. Don't have the need for two accounts yet, but you never know when something like that might be needed in the future.

--Pat

Last edited by PatNY; 11-20-2013 at 07:24 PM.
PatNY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2013, 09:23 AM   #7
Mike L
Wizard
Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnemicOak View Post

That seems to be exactly what I wanted to know -- except for one point. As far as I can see, there is no way to create accounts in different countries. The app store only lets you download apps for your own country. That means I can only get the UK version of the app. And that in turn will only let me register with Amazon in the UK. Unless I'm missing something.

This is different from the Kindle for PC app. In that case, I was able to download the app from Amazon in the US, and register it to my US account.

Mike
Old 11-21-2013, 09:46 AM   #8
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike L View Post
That seems to be exactly what I wanted to know -- except for one point. As far as I can see, there is no way to create accounts in different countries. The app store only lets you download apps for your own country. That means I can only get the UK version of the app. And that in turn will only let me register with Amazon in the UK. Unless I'm missing something.
Perhaps if you use this site...
http://apps.evozi.com/apk-downloader/

To download the APK from the US Play store URL...
https://play.google.com/store/apps/d....amazon.kindle

It would get you the correct APK to sideload so you could use the US store?

I really don't know, but it's what comes to mind.
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2013, 12:52 PM   #9
Mike L
Wizard

Thanks for that, AnemicOak. I'll give it a try.

Mike