Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 10-26-2006, 05:51 AM   #1
Alexander Turcic
Fully Converged
Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many to count here.
37signals' Getting Real as free online e-book

Who said you cannot make a fortune by selling e-books without DRM? Self-published by its authors, the book Getting Real sold more than 23000 copies in PDF format in fewer than 8 months.

But 23,000 readers isn't enough. We want millions of people to read the book. So today we introduce two new flavors that make the content even more accessible. And, in one case, completely free.

Unfortunately you can only read the book online and its copyright does not allow you to redistribute it in any other form. Still, if you are into building successful web application, Getting Real is a recommended read.

Thanks to bowerbird for the tip.
Alexander Turcic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2006, 09:42 AM   #2
Judems
Judems began at the beginning.

Device: eBookman/Palm z22
This deal about only being able to read a book on the internet means I suppose that one cannot convert it to another format and put it on a hand held device; Is it practical then to have a umpc like the Pepper Pad to use for these kind of situations(books)? Isn't this a different 'need' than waiting for an eink device" JB
Judems is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-26-2006, 09:46 AM   #3
tcv
Addict
tcv will become famous soon enoughtcv will become famous soon enoughtcv will become famous soon enoughtcv will become famous soon enoughtcv will become famous soon enoughtcv will become famous soon enough

Good example of a book with the content and the audience in the right place. Wouldn't you say?
tcv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2006, 06:27 PM   #4
heavyB
heavyB began at the beginning.

Device: Sony Reader/Treo 600
Reads great on my Sony Reader...

After processing the free HTML pages to RTF...

That's after purchasing the PDF. Grey area for sure, but I'm comfortable in my fair use self rightiousness.

There is a downside, 2 essays are missing on the HTML side. They're (assumed inadvertaintly) duplicated other essays. I'm sure they'll be fixed soon. I was able to process those missing from the PDF, but it took some formatting to make it look like the rest.

Pretty neat read. Thanks for the tip.
heavyB is offline   Reply With Quote