Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 05-15-2009, 03:05 AM   #1
Kirari
Obsessed
Kirari has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Kirari has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Kirari has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Red Sony PRS-505
The adventures of your eReader

Is there a thread like this already? I tried searching.. maybe I used the wrong words..

I've yet to receive my eReader (sob) but hope to receive it within the next couple of weeks as I will be going to the Gold Coast for a week and my eReader would be great company for those quiet/lazy moments. I will also be going to Singapore in August, Japan in December and Malaysia in April 2010. So I have many places to take my eReader!

But what I want to know is:

Where has your eReader been? Whether it be the dense jungle of the Amazon rainforest or the belly of the white pointer shark (it could happen), tell us about it!

(I'm UNBELIEVABLY bored at work, I've read just about everything that I found interesting on this forum and some not so (like programming codes!!), me!!!)
Kirari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2009, 03:21 AM   #2
Sweetpea
Grand Sorcerer
Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Inkpad 4 Color; Samsung Galaxy Tab S6
Hmm, no shark bellies for my reader... (aka PDA)

It has been on high mountain tops and in the jungles of India though...

I generally take it with me wherever I go. I wonder if I ever manage to be an e-ink device if I'll be able to take it with me as easily...
Sweetpea is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-15-2009, 04:25 AM   #3
Dylrob
Murderous Mustela
Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad M1 Pro, Kindle Paperwhite
The only place my ebook readers have gone... outside of my home town... is the Queen Mary in Long Beach. Oh, and an Air Port terminal in Salt Lake.

I would love to travel more if I could.

Last edited by Dylrob; 05-15-2009 at 04:27 AM.
Dylrob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2009, 05:22 AM   #4
GeoffC
Chocolate Grasshopper ...
GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Muse HD , Cybook Gen3 , Pocketbook 302 (Black) , Nexus 10: wife has PW
Home, car and hospital ..... A quiet life for mine ....
GeoffC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2009, 06:54 AM   #5
Curly
I need a holiday!
Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.

Device: PRS-505, ipod touch
My 505 isn't terribly adventurous. It has been to the library, the park, and has gone for a ride in the car (with it's seatbelt fastened). Yesterday, it asked if we could take the train to the Edinburgh Book Festival in August, I said I would think about it.
Curly is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-15-2009, 07:12 AM   #6
Peverel
Still Easily Confused
Peverel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Peverel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Peverel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Peverel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Peverel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Peverel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Peverel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Peverel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Peverel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Peverel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Peverel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
My 505 has been absailing, parachuting and water skiing. It has a job as a spy with MI6 and has done battle with evil villians in their underground/hollowed out volcano/Space Station lairs.

Or was that a dream I had?..........
Peverel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2009, 07:51 AM   #7
Idoine
Which book will be next ?
Idoine knows what time it isIdoine knows what time it isIdoine knows what time it isIdoine knows what time it isIdoine knows what time it isIdoine knows what time it isIdoine knows what time it isIdoine knows what time it isIdoine knows what time it isIdoine knows what time it isIdoine knows what time it is

Device: Cybook Gen3 1.5, Sony PRS 600 RC, Samsung Omnia...
My Cybook was with me on my trip to California (didn't read a lot there, often too tired to open it, holidays ! ), read a lot when flying to and from.
It's always with me when I take public transport to and from work.
Idoine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2009, 10:22 AM   #8
vivaldirules
When's Doughnut Day?
vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505, iPad
I have taken mine to several states and to Amsterdam and I will soon take it to Melbourne and Quebec. On a more local level, I have taken it to theatres, museums, stores (including book stores), libraries, restaurants, cafes, parks, cars, airplanes, trains, the floor in my living room, the couch, my bed, and many bathrooms (pardon me). It has also taken me to Philadelphia, London, Mumbai, Natal, a forest in New England, the Misty Mountains, Rackhat, a school in Dublin, and all of the lobes of my brain. It's a real traveller.
vivaldirules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2009, 10:51 AM   #9
DixieGal
Hi There!
DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
It has gone to the belly of a few gemstone mines. Well, actually, it sat in the car and watched me scratching through the dirt and mud.

It has been to the beach several times, loves going there.

It has been to the mountains.

It sat and watched a waterfall.

It went to a meetup last fall, although it was still an EBW1150 at the time.

It follows me to work and back every day.

It spent too much time in the hospital and too much time at doc offices.

It likes to eat lunch with me, so that it can show itself off to passersby.

It enjoys camping in The Love Shack.

It is planning to spend an intensive week at a lapidary college at the end of the month.
DixieGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2009, 11:01 AM   #10
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious
daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KDXG, KT, Oasis
Mine watched Space Shuttle Atlantis launch this past Monday while visiting in Florida but I think I was more excited about it than my Kindle was.
daffy4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2009, 11:31 AM   #11
DixieGal
Hi There!
DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by daffy4u View Post
Mine watched Space Shuttle Atlantis launch this past Monday while visiting in Florida but I think I was more excited about it than my Kindle was.
CooL!
DixieGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2009, 11:33 AM   #12
stoogeswoman
Zealot
stoogeswoman has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.stoogeswoman has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.stoogeswoman has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.stoogeswoman has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.stoogeswoman has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: eBookwise 1150 and Kindle 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dylrob View Post
The only place my ebook readers have gone... outside of my home town... is the Queen Mary in Long Beach.
Hey! My Kindle was on the Queen Mary just two weeks ago!

Now I know where it was, that 15 minutes when I thought I'd lost it - canoodling with your readers on the Promenade deck!!
stoogeswoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2009, 11:50 AM   #13
grooks
Wizard
grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.

Device: Kobo Aura HD, Sony PRS-650, Galaxy Nexus, Nexus 7
Kauai, Hawaii
Las Vegas, NV
Georgetown, Grand Cayman
Roatan, Honduras
Belize City, Belize
Cozumel, Mexico

I was on a cruise ship last month and only saw an ebook reader once. Started talking to a girl who was using a Kindle 2. Gave her a card pointing to this website.
grooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2009, 12:32 PM   #14
krisk
Wizard
krisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipse

Device: kindle
there's a thread in the Kindle forum for pictures with people and their Kindles.

mine spent 3 months living on the mountain with me teaching skiing. it has been in Washington State, Oregon, and California and has quite a few more adventures planned. it loves being Kuddled by Kindle Kitten.
Attached Images

krisk is offline   Reply With Quote