Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > PocketBook

Notices

Old 04-26-2013, 06:05 AM   #1
mimble
mimble began at the beginning.

Device: pocketbook 912
crud in /system/state

The pocketbook 912 and probably others store information about where you were up to in /system/state.
There is an entry for every book/file.
If you delete the file, the entry in /system/state does not go away.
If you have a turnover of files, this is irritating. If you like to read news on the device, you have a serious turnover and very quickly, dozens of these dead, unloved and unwanted files.
I just asked my pocketbook to update its library information. This does not clean up these files.
Is there anything I have missed or is this just something was has to clean up by hand and live with ?
mimble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 08:25 AM   #2
paolog
Zealot
paolog can name that ebook in five wordspaolog can name that ebook in five wordspaolog can name that ebook in five wordspaolog can name that ebook in five wordspaolog can name that ebook in five wordspaolog can name that ebook in five wordspaolog can name that ebook in five wordspaolog can name that ebook in five wordspaolog can name that ebook in five wordspaolog can name that ebook in five wordspaolog can name that ebook in five words

Device: pocketbook touch 622
see
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...=163556&page=4

#48 to #51

I use the script made by rkomar

paolog is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-29-2013, 02:59 AM   #3
mimble
mimble began at the beginning.

Device: pocketbook 912
Who is rkomar ? Many thanks

One has to ask, who is this this person ?
Technical comments are helpful and relevant.
A script to clean up something that pocketbook and their firmware should do; helpful comments about debugging pocketbook's use of wpa_supplicant.
These postings are appreciated.

I must say many thanks to him/her.
mimble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 03:44 AM   #4
rkomar
Wizard
rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505, PB 902, PRS-T1, PB 623, PB 840, PB 633
I am a 'him', and you're welcome.

As to "Who am I?", I'm someone who enjoys hacking on software and also enjoys the MobileRead forum, so combining the two activities comes naturally. Now if only I left myself more time to read...
rkomar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 04:44 AM   #5
paolog
Zealot
paolog can name that ebook in five wordspaolog can name that ebook in five wordspaolog can name that ebook in five wordspaolog can name that ebook in five wordspaolog can name that ebook in five wordspaolog can name that ebook in five wordspaolog can name that ebook in five wordspaolog can name that ebook in five wordspaolog can name that ebook in five wordspaolog can name that ebook in five wordspaolog can name that ebook in five words

Device: pocketbook touch 622
Quote:
Originally Posted by mimble View Post
his personal site, given in the thread, gives you all the details (even boring as he says )

Quote:
ask pb tecnician so,
if you ask into a forum what do you think to find out?

Quote:
A script to clean up something that pocketbook and their firmware should do;

helpful comments about debugging pocketbook's use of wpa_supplicant.
same as above for both.
More, there is a section named "PocketBook Developer's Corner" in front of your eyes, there may be you can find tecnical advises.

Anyway the script I suggested is in plain text, so there you find any tecnical information you are looking for about cleaning

Quote:

are appreciated "by you" in a one to one conversation. Beeing and writing into a forum may be that what is useless for you is usefull for someone else that doesn't want to wait for a new firmware release (provided that they do that)

paolog is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-29-2013, 07:49 AM   #6
paola
Wizard
paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Pro 903, (beloved Pocketbook 360 RIP), Kobo Mini, Kobo Aura
Quote:
Originally Posted by mimble View Post
A script to clean up something that pocketbook and their firmware should do; helpful comments about debugging pocketbook's use of wpa_supplicant.

he is a star, and above all, he is very patient and available: and he keeps going, while some people appear on the forum with a lot of (very welcome!) enthusiasm and a flurry of activity which sadly in most cases fizzles out over time. Rob is super dependable, which is why non techies like me could not do without him, and hope he'll blush :-)
paola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 03:30 PM   #7
rkomar
Wizard
rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505, PB 902, PRS-T1, PB 623, PB 840, PB 633
Paola, your wish has come true!

Anyway, I just wanted to say that the technical advice I give out isn't for purely altruistic reasons. I keep hoping that, if more people get into hacking on the PocketBook readers, we'll get more useful applications and customizations. This came true recently when melihron released his mupdfview application (which has been a welcome and pleasant surprize!). I think our PocketBook garden is worth cultivating, so I'm more than willing to add some "fertilizer" to it when the opportunity comes up.
rkomar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 04:23 PM   #8
paola
Wizard
paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Pro 903, (beloved Pocketbook 360 RIP), Kobo Mini, Kobo Aura
Quote:
Originally Posted by rkomar View Post
Paola, your wish has come true!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkomar View Post
Anyway, I just wanted to say that the technical advice I give out isn't for purely altruistic reasons. I keep hoping that, if more people get into hacking on the PocketBook readers, we'll get more useful applications and customizations. This came true recently when melihron released his mupdfview application (which has been a welcome and pleasant surprize!). I think our PocketBook garden is worth cultivating, so I'm more than willing to add some "fertilizer" to it when the opportunity comes up.
and I suspect the new Touch Lux, when it comes out, will bring a new breed of brand new Pocketbook users!
paola is offline   Reply With Quote