Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader > Sony Reader Dev Corner

Notices

Old 01-07-2012, 02:17 PM   #1
grimborg
Enthusiast
grimborg shares his or her toysgrimborg shares his or her toysgrimborg shares his or her toysgrimborg shares his or her toysgrimborg shares his or her toysgrimborg shares his or her toysgrimborg shares his or her toysgrimborg shares his or her toysgrimborg shares his or her toysgrimborg shares his or her toysgrimborg shares his or her toys

Device: PRS-T1
Smile I broke the Market: BroadcastReceiver trying to return result during a non-ordered br

It seems that the Market doesn't like having the external sdcard as download destination. Check that it is not your case (choose Internal memory instead). I changed this and then I forgot about it, and suddenly I couldn't install anything, and the messages in the logs were pretty unrelated. I spent a good two hours debugging this, silly me

I'm leaving this here as a reference just in case anyone else has the same problem.

Quote:
Hi,

I was installing apps and somehow I broke the market. I think that the cause may be that I tried to install an app to my PRS-T1 using the android market website on my laptop. Now, every time I try to install an app, after downloading it says "Download unsuccessful. This is the error that appears in the log:

Code:
E/BroadcastReceiver( 2281): BroadcastReceiver trying to return result during a non-ordered broadcast
E/BroadcastReceiver( 2281): java.lang.RuntimeException: BroadcastReceiver trying to return result during a non-ordered broadcast
E/BroadcastReceiver( 2281): 	at android.content.BroadcastReceiver.checkSynchronousHint(BroadcastReceiver.java:451)
E/BroadcastReceiver( 2281): 	at android.content.BroadcastReceiver.setResultCode(BroadcastReceiver.java:237)
E/BroadcastReceiver( 2281): 	at com.android.vending.util.ServiceBroadcastReceiver.onReceive(ServiceBroadcastReceiver.java:42)
E/BroadcastReceiver( 2281): 	at android.app.ActivityThread.handleReceiver(ActivityThread.java:2810)
E/BroadcastReceiver( 2281): 	at android.app.ActivityThread.access$3200(ActivityThread.java:125)
E/BroadcastReceiver( 2281): 	at android.app.ActivityThread$H.handleMessage(ActivityThread.java:2083)
E/BroadcastReceiver( 2281): 	at android.os.Handler.dispatchMessage(Handler.java:99)
E/BroadcastReceiver( 2281): 	at android.os.Looper.loop(Looper.java:123)
E/BroadcastReceiver( 2281): 	at android.app.ActivityThread.main(ActivityThread.java:4627)
E/BroadcastReceiver( 2281): 	at java.lang.reflect.Method.invokeNative(Native Method)
E/BroadcastReceiver( 2281): 	at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:521)
E/BroadcastReceiver( 2281): 	at com.android.internal.os.ZygoteInit$MethodAndArgsCaller.run(ZygoteInit.java:868)
E/BroadcastReceiver( 2281): 	at com.android.internal.os.ZygoteInit.main(ZygoteInit.java:626)
E/BroadcastReceiver( 2281): 	at dalvik.system.NativeStart.main(Native Method)
I emptied the dalvik cache and removed /data/system/accounts.db, restarted and registered the device again, but it didn't help. I've also pulled the apk file for the app that I was trying to install (wikidroid), and installed it with adb install: it installed successfully, but the market is still broken. Maybe if I could mark this application as installed in the market and then uninstall it it would fix it... I'm not sure.

I've searched around for this error, but I couldn't find anything helpful. Any ideas?

Thanks!

Last edited by grimborg; 01-07-2012 at 04:29 PM.
grimborg is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
error, market