Notices

Old 09-27-2007, 10:18 AM   #1
LOL2005
LOL2005 began at the beginning.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-505
battery time?

Hello Iliad owners!

I have some questions regarding the battery time:
1) How long the Iliad last if used for reading only (no Wifi, no writing)
2) How long the Iliad last if used for reading and writing?
3) How long the Ilad last if used for reading and writing and with wifi on all the time.

Also are you happy with your Iliad? If you have both the sony and Iliad how do you compare them?

Thanks,
LOL2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2007, 05:03 PM   #2
rlauzon
Wizard
rlauzon put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.rlauzon put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.rlauzon put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.rlauzon put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.rlauzon put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.rlauzon put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.rlauzon put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.rlauzon put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.rlauzon put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.rlauzon put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.rlauzon put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.

Device: PocketBook Era
Quote:
Originally Posted by LOL2005 View Post
I have some questions regarding the battery time:
1) How long the Iliad last if used for reading only (no Wifi, no writing)
2) How long the Iliad last if used for reading and writing?
3) How long the Ilad last if used for reading and writing and with wifi on all the time.

Also are you happy with your Iliad? If you have both the sony and Iliad how do you compare them?
I get a good 11 hours with my iLiad reading with minimal pen usage (simply to delete or rename eBooks).

So far, I'm pretty happy with my iLiad.
rlauzon is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-27-2007, 05:07 PM   #3
tribble
iLiad Maniac
tribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it is

Device: Bookeen Opus (i love that thing) and iPad (what an irony)
Using WiFi all the time will cut the runtime to about 5-6 hours. (iliad 1.0)

I dont know, what heavy pen usage does.
tribble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2007, 04:46 AM   #4
mind
mind began at the beginning.

Device: iLiad
I get about 5 hours... Anyway I'm doing the 5 cycles of recharge and discharge that iRex suggests. I'm at third but still no battery power up
When can I see some longer battery? Did you have to do the 5 cycles?
Regards, Gil
mind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2007, 10:19 AM   #5
DeGodefroi
Zealot
DeGodefroi began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle DX Graphite (had Illiad)
5 hours? Hmmm and that is with No WiFi in use and the wacom pen is all the time in the holder?
If yes, then it is something wrong. But did you upgrade to version 2.11? There was a number of Iliads that had 5 hours due a bug that left the wifi on (the antenna was still active, you can feel if the sticker on the back feels warm).
DeGodefroi is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-01-2007, 03:12 AM   #6
HappyMartin
Martin Kristiansen
HappyMartin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HappyMartin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HappyMartin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HappyMartin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HappyMartin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HappyMartin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HappyMartin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HappyMartin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HappyMartin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HappyMartin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HappyMartin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle International Ipad 2
Not sure how accurate the indicator is but 6 hours mostly reading and not even half way.
HappyMartin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2007, 09:59 AM   #7
nekokami
fruminous edugeek
nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad, eBw 1150
I get somewhere around 10 hours if I'm only reading, but 5-6 if I'm making a lot of notes (which is frequent with my usage). I'm quite happy with my iLiad. I'm taking graduate classes and it has been terrific for reading all the journal articles I've been assigned.
nekokami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2007, 12:58 PM   #8
mind
mind began at the beginning.

Device: iLiad
With 2.11 the time increased very much. I miss only 1 cycle of charge (out of 5 suggested by iRed). I will retry the measurament after that. Regards, Gil
mind is offline   Reply With Quote